Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

Bluejay

I'm Mafi!
Coldplayer
Well, it's sort of late, but this is mostly what I think about ETIAWF:
WHAT THE HELL?
This is barely the Coldplay I know! I have to admit that the first time I listened to the tune I was rather disappointed. I mean, where are the melodic lyrics and the piano, and the violins (I was hoping for violins) and overall, whatIS that pop beat?

What I did enjoy a lot is Jonny's rif. Heck, now THAT's some good work.
I still like the song, though, despite all the negative comments I read. Yes, Coldplay might have turned incredibly pop-ish now, but hey...I guess we'll just have to deal with it.
After all, isn't this song so damn happy?

Juanma

In my Place
Coldplayer
I have to say that the light fixture they have up there looks pretty flippin' sweet. And the snippet of that other song has restored hope for me.
I can already say sounds less techno live,and it will be a great song live!

H

howyousawtheworld

Well, it's sort of late, but this is mostly what I think about ETIAWF:
WHAT THE HELL?
This is barely the Coldplay I know! I have to admit that the first time I listened to the tune I was rather disappointed. I mean, where are the melodic lyrics and the piano, and the violins (I was hoping for violins) and overall, whatIS that pop beat?

What I did enjoy a lot is Jonny's rif. Heck, now THAT's some good work.
I still like the song, though, despite all the negative comments I read. Yes, Coldplay might have turned incredibly pop-ish now, but hey...I guess we'll just have to deal with it.
After all, isn't this song so damn happy?
Jonny's rif sounded suspiciously Scottish bagpipe like. He was the star of that song. The only star of that song in my opinion.

a2iel

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
And I bet soon after, we'll be able to buy that movie!!! Hmm by the time this new album comes out, we'll have heard most of it through youtube clips :p. They should just release it next week.. :p

Juanma

In my Place
Coldplayer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj9mbEM8aYc"]YouTube - ‪every teardrop is a waterfall cover (with guitar chords and riff)‬‏[/ame]

awesome!

Technicolor Sparks

shake it out
Coldplayer
And I bet soon after, we'll be able to buy that movie!!! Hmm by the time this new album comes out, we'll have heard most of it through youtube clips :p. They should just release it next week.. :p
I'm hoping they release Glasto as a DVD! I remember something about cameras at some of the VLV Tour concerts but that never went anywhere, so maybe they will release something for this album.

Also if you look at the videos from tonight's gig, there are camera men filming up at the front of the stage. Maybe they were hired by the festival people, but I'm hoping they are Coldplay people filming a dvd. :) It would be cool to have a live DVD chronicling all the festivals this summer.

a2iel

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I'm hoping they release Glasto as a DVD! I remember something about cameras at some of the VLV Tour concerts but that never went anywhere, so maybe they will release something for this album.

Also if you look at the videos from tonight's gig, there are camera men filming up at the front of the stage. Maybe they were hired by the festival people, but I'm hoping they are Coldplay people filming a dvd. :) It would be cool to have a live DVD chronicling all the festivals this summer.
I thought the same thing! But then I remembered there always are camera men around to project the show on the screens for the distant crowds. I am with you though, let's hopefully get a new official DVD this time! Also, think they could reveal all album details on their Glasto gig?

ApproximatelyInfinite

a thousand houses long
Coldplayer
THAT.

Just THAT
Thank you so much for saying this! You have an amazing way with words! :awesome:
Forever in agreement with Chelsea.
Agreed. She deserves memeber of the month for just being the most rational person on the forum. I usually won't read long posts, but if it's her's I know it'll be worth the read :D
Thanks for this. I think a lot of people go with knee-jerk reactions or let their emotions get a hold of them before they think about things. It didn't help with the build-up before the release...
Chelsea is a fantastic person (this is Darcy, by the way, so you're not creeped out :nice:)

On first listen, I actually think it is pretty okay. A little poppy for my taste, but undeniably catchy and happy and all. The lyrics are fairly crap, which makes me a bit sad, but JONNY'S GUITAR. I know that Chris said that Jonny would be getting a little more spotlight with this album, but that was still pretty surprising and yay.
Aww, you all are lovely :kiss: :blush:
(HI DARCY, I HAVEN'T TALKED TO YOU IN FOREVER :heart: except you're banned, WTF?)

But yeah, I listened to the song a bit more while driving tonight...and I massively enjoyed myself. The fact that I feel like I need to defend my like for it a bit is a problem in itself, and something I'll probably deal with at a later date after we have a more firm idea about LP5, but...yeah. I'm liking it more and more (even though I liked it from the start), whereas a lot of people seem to be going in the opposite direction.

Does this mean I can stop being CPing's resident Negative Nancy? :cheesy:

Aleluvscp

I am Legion
Coldplayer
It IS slightly better live

but it may just be cos the sound was distorted :p

Jony

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
well if you think they can't do better then who's the bad fan? :laugh3:

Of course they can do better, we've heard the result of that. They can create beautiful music, very different to this new song. I still hope this won't be part of the album and it was just created for the festivals and as a summer song, not more than that.
Come on!!
there's still hopes ... so wait to the album!!

PS: Sometimes is sad read or hear hard criticize about ETIAW, when they supposedly were working into it

Bluejay

I'm Mafi!
Coldplayer
Aww, you all are lovely :kiss: :blush:
(HI DARCY, I HAVEN'T TALKED TO YOU IN FOREVER :heart: except you're banned, WTF?)

But yeah, I listened to the song a bit more while driving tonight...and I massively enjoyed myself. The fact that I feel like I need to defend my like for it a bit is a problem in itself, and something I'll probably deal with at a later date after we have a more firm idea about LP5, but...yeah. I'm liking it more and more (even though I liked it from the start), whereas a lot of people seem to be going in the opposite direction.

Does this mean I can stop being CPing's resident Negative Nancy? :cheesy:
This happened to me with many other Coldplay songs in the past. I didn't fully appreciate Politik until I gave it a couple of chances and took the time to listen to it. Same thing happened with Lost!, Violet Hill, Yes...
I think maybe it is a bit too soon to give our full appreciation of the song...why not wait a bit? Let it breath? I understand many people are disappointed of the pop turn they seem to have taken. I include myself in there. But at least I think the song is not that bad, and it's happy, and I'm in love with Jonny's guitar, which makes up for the electric piano. And after hearing the live version, I like it even more.

Anyways, as someone said somewhere in here (sorry I forgot who it was), the first singles are never the best.

roche714

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
i was looking up ritmo de la noche on you tube and the one by the sacados is there.
But there are so many other videos that are called ritmo de ln by many different artists, but sound nothing like this song.any know why