Everyday Life LA Shows

Heavensbee

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I can almost guarantee they'll announce another smaller show in LA to accompany this one.

• Heart
Reactions: DJK

DJK

Douglas
Coldplayer
Well, looks like their playing the iHeartRadio ALTego show on January 18th. I just bought two tickets - but I'm sure it will be a very short set.
Let me know if you want to meet at the venue. Always happy to meet another Coldplayer

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
I can almost guarantee they'll announce another smaller show in LA to accompany this one.
That's the show I'll try for.

This is nice, the other artists are alright, but I'm looking at sets from last year's edition of the festival and most only played around 7 or 8 songs. And I want to see Coldplay at something other than a festival now, haha.

Gideon_Mx

Everyone sees the colour in each other's eyes
Coldplayer
Well, looks like their playing the iHeartRadio ALTego show on January 18th. I just bought two tickets - but I'm sure it will be a very short set.
What's a short set for you?

When I look to some of the performances of other artists at iHeartRadio ALTer EGO it could be possible that Coldplay will perform a set of 40 minutes!
Artists such as Muse and Twenty One Pilots had played a set of around 40 mins and perhaps some of the songs they played were removed from the videos that were uploaded to YouTube, so their sets might be even longer than 40 mins. Which is good news, right?
A 42-minute Coldplay set would be very interesting....

Reactions: DJK

DJK

Douglas
Coldplayer
It will feel short no matter what either way, any chance they might headline? And if they do, could their set potentially be longer?

Yellow Strawberry

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Woop! Got our iHeart Alter Ego tickets when they first went on sale!! I was praying for some Coldplay and CANNOT WAIT! We have Acoustic Christmas on Sunday and I would so love a surprise, but I doubt that will happen. YAY! I will take any Coldplay over ZERO. I may have screamed when I heard the news!!

Yellow Strawberry

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
It will feel short no matter what either way, any chance they might headline? And if they do, could their set potentially be longer?
Doubtful. Last year Weezer, The Killers and Muse all had the same length. I think Twenty One Pilots had the same short set times. Bummer, but better than nothing.

Pguild142

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Just saw a "rumor" that the set list is 5 songs - only 1 from Everyday Life album (I won't post rumored set list unless asked).

I don't know if I can stomach the flight and hotel costs for 5 songs - 4 of which I've heard several times live. Trying to confirm this rumor.

I hope there is a sister show - that would be much better. Chris did say a couple of shows in LA.

I wonder if they have some sort of contract with iHeart Radio which obligated them to play this show.

As for festivals - usually they are wonderful!! But iHeart festivals are different and allow for ridiculously short sets.

DJK

Douglas
Coldplayer
Just saw a "rumor" that the set list is 5 songs - only 1 from Everyday Life album (I won't post rumored set list unless asked).

I don't know if I can stomach the flight and hotel costs for 5 songs - 4 of which I've heard several times live. Trying to confirm this rumor.

I hope there is a sister show - that would be much better. Chris did say a couple of shows in LA.

I wonder if they have some sort of contract with iHeart Radio which obligated them to play this show.

As for festivals - usually they are wonderful!! But iHeart festivals are different and allow for ridiculously short sets.
Yes please share the potential set list. Either way I’m so stoked to see them again

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I'm interested in the potential set list as well. Maybe share it in a spoiler tag !

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
This is why I'm holding off in case they announce a separate show. If it's a very short set... meh. I'm a college student who doesn't have a whole lot of money at the moment. I'd be able to afford the trip, but I'm not so sure it'd be worth it... I'm really happy for those of you here who are getting to go, though. :)

I feel the same about Blink-182's set... they're the other band performing at ALTer Ego that I really like but I just saw them in September and though the show was awesome (they played a classic album in full), I'm not really hungry for more if it's just gonna be a few songs.

I'd love to see the rumored setlist, @Pguild142 . You can put it in a spoiler if you like.

Heavensbee

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
For some reason I doubt chris considers a one song Grammys performance as a "show", so if its not, there should be another show. I dont think the other musicians on EL will be there since they made it seem like they were done after London.

Pguild142

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
So I got to the bottom of the rumored set list - It was the 5 songs chosen to be on the AlterEgo Playlist on the events official website (which includes tracks from all artists on the bill). I am not taking stock into this rumor as of now, as it is just a playlist which is common on festival websites and is not indicative of the actual setlist.

If anyone wants to see what that playlist is, you can go to the official website.

I'm still patiently waiting for an announcement on a possible other show - I have reserved hotel (which can be cancelled) but still waiting before I pull the trigger on the airfare...

TBD...