Everyday Life Leak Discussion [SPOILERS INSIDE]

HowCouldIForget

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I see the criticism of the album not being cohesive and I partially agree. But this is far from the first time. Where do UFO, Us Against the World and Up with the Birds fit vs Paradise and Princess of China on MX? Even on X&Y...with two of my favorite songs A Message and 'Til Kingdom Come, where do they fit on an album of space/synth rock?

I also see the criticism of some songs being too Chris-focused but I've also seen that in the past. I'd much rather a touching acoustic-only or piano-only track with Chris' vocals than an explosion of fifteen bombastic instruments at once like the chorus of Paradise. Everyone is different, though.

Last edited:

nowayme

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Interesting. Was there some issue with the Ghost Stories CD back then?
"O", was originally mastered with a pregap. Somebody down the promotion/mastering chain must have found that a horrible idea and they re-issued the disc with simply a gap before the retail disc went to stores. Some copies of that disc though still made it to people's hands. All promotional copies of the album that predate the official release contain the pregap marking.

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
I think the album has a very small amount of songs that are strong enough to lift my rating of:

"What a mess of audio snippets/NOO DON'T RUIN THE SONG WITH RANDOM SHIT/bland guitar tracks"

to

"It's better than the last two albums but still requires several re-listens to finally sound good"

I'm already planning on heavily editing several songs once I get my audio software running LOL.
I really dislike how there are so many REALLY ANNOYING soundbites in there that mess up the whole thing. Also a lot of them don't add anything to the overall quality.

Anyways. I'm still satisfied with this. I'm also very happy about the lack of overly produced songs.

iamsue

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
For those who are 'lucky' enough to have heard the new album, please discuss in here and not in the main thread to prevent spoilers.

As always NO LEAKS

Thank you!
Where do you get it?

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
Remember, my fellow listeners... we still haven't heard every new song because Flags has yet to leak. I'm really hoping it's as good as All Your Friends and Ghost Story, and honestly I'm confident that it will be after listening to the main album and not being disappointed by a single track.

shred

Coldplayer
Remember, my fellow listeners... we still haven't heard every new song because Flags has yet to leak. I'm really hoping it's as good as All Your Friends and Ghost Story, and honestly I'm confident that it will be after listening to the main album and not being disappointed by a single track.
Something tells me that Flags is a random song they tagged onto the album i.e completely different from all the stuff we’ve heard on the album - maybe something along the lines of Orphans. I would love it if it was a Ghost Story type of indie rock.

shred

Coldplayer
Do you guys know of any other songs similar to Guns? I like that it's fast and raw, with minimal instrumentation.
Jose Gonzalez, Ben Howard, Damien Rice.

Mumford and Sons first album.

andrewsky

The Scientist
Coldplayer
I hope 'Flags' will be officially released around the world after the exclusive Japan CD.