Everyday Life Leak Discussion [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Eskapist

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I'll write a complete review after its official release but this is the Coldplay who reminds you to be a good person. This is the Coldplay who allows you to be an adult with a child's soul. This is the Coldplay we all love because they don't divide, they don't condemn. This is the same Chris Martin who told us 20 years ago that we live in a beautiful world, yeah we do, yeah we do. Thank you.

The Jordanator

Swim a river out to the sea
Coldplayer
There’s no songs like ASFOS or Princess of China so I’ll think you’ll be disappointed :joy:
Hey don’t judge me my favourite song is actually GPASUYF and then Talk in second place!
I’m an all rounder so my approach is the get-what-you’re-given-and-don’t-complain when it comes to Coldplay releases

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Yup, same.
Also the lyrics are a bit cringey - from what I heard:

I worship in your church, babe
All day
I worship in your church
All seven days
I praise and praise

:D
Yeah definitely the weakest on the album for me. I think probably because it was produced by you know who...

jc90

Most Interesting Poster 2015
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Looks like I was at work while the leak happened, but some lovely Coldplayers sent me a PM.

On first listen, I hate to say it and be a downer, but I do not love this album. I can appreciate what they're trying to do, but maybe its my fear of politics thats keeping me from loving this album; the last time I mixed politics and Coldplay, I was no longer part of the forum team.

Thats not to say its a bad album, not at all, but its just not for me. I'm sure a good country album exists, but if its not your genre, its not your genre! I felt the first 3 tracks we got (Orphans, Arabesque and Everyday Life) were the best on the album, but I guess I was disappointed that the rest of the album didn't really project as high as i thought.

What I was trying to get across in the previous eras, and what i'll be doing this era, is letting everyone else enjoy the music. Its okay not to love absolutely everything the band does, but it is not okay to put someone else down for liking it. Im hoping to provide an example as to how one should react in a fandom when they dont like the band's output. Be respectful of everyone in their opinions without resorting to namecalling and labeling. Not naming names or groups, but I general observations I saw from both sides. At the very least, I think this album can convey the same message im trying to say!

That being said, I am so happy that most of the fandom, especially the ones that felt alienated from LP5-7, do generally like this album. There are definitely moments in the album that I very much enjoyed, production was great, but I guess I was looking for something else, more dare-I-say, radio-friendly hits? For some context, I place AROBTTH as my top album,

I'm going to try and listen to it a few more times for sure, but at first listen, I dont recall anything jumping out at me, or begging me to re-listen to again. Thanks for your time everyone, and do enjoy the new album, and do make sure you go and buy it!

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Looks like I was at work while the leak happened, but some lovely Coldplayers sent me a PM.

On first listen, I hate to say it and be a downer, but I do not love this album. I can appreciate what they're trying to do, but maybe its my fear of politics thats keeping me from loving this album; the last time I mixed politics and Coldplay, I was no longer part of the forum team.

Thats not to say its a bad album, not at all, but its just not for me. I'm sure a good country album exists, but if its not your genre, its not your genre! I felt the first 3 tracks we got (Orphans, Arabesque and Everyday Life) were the best on the album, but I guess I was disappointed that the rest of the album didn't really project as high as i thought.

What I was trying to get across in the previous eras, and what i'll be doing this era, is letting everyone else enjoy the music. Its okay not to love absolutely everything the band does, but it is not okay to put someone else down for liking it. Im hoping to provide an example as to how one should react in a fandom when they dont like the band's output. Be respectful of everyone in their opinions without resorting to namecalling and labeling. Not naming names or groups, but I general observations I saw from both sides. At the very least, I think this album can convey the same message im trying to say!

That being said, I am so happy that most of the fandom, especially the ones that felt alienated from LP5-7, do generally like this album. There are definitely moments in the album that I very much enjoyed, production was great, but I guess I was looking for something else, more dare-I-say, radio-friendly hits? For some context, I place AROBTTH as my top album,

I'm going to try and listen to it a few more times for sure, but at first listen, I dont recall anything jumping out at me, or begging me to re-listen to again. Thanks for your time everyone, and do enjoy the new album, and do make sure you go and buy it!
I’m very surprised you feel that way if I’m honest and I’m sorry you don’t like it.

I suppose you’ll never please everyone in the fandom. Looks like the shoe is on the other foot now and you’ll have to start wondering what you, as a newplayer, would like the band to do next.

jc90

Most Interesting Poster 2015
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I’m very surprised you feel that way if I’m honest and I’m sorry you don’t like it.

I suppose you’ll never please everyone in the fandom. Looks like the shoe is on the other foot now and you’ll have to start wondering what you, as a new player would like the band to do next.
But thats what im getting at. You're 100% right in that you'll never please everyone. But at the same time, I dont feel the need to scream and kick and whine about not loving the album. I'm not wondering what i'll do next as a Coldplay fan, because maybe i'll just sit this era out and catch you at the next one. And thats okay with me! I do still love the band, and commend them for putting out an album they feel proud about.

Out of all of the users, you're one of ones im glad found this era to be in your liking. I could imagine what its like 3-4 albums deep and feeling further and further from the band. So, im happy for you, go out and enjoy the era!

Jdckcom

Cold and Vicious
Coldplayer
There are some pretty mediocre lyrics on some of these new songs but somehow I feel like they fit so perfectly in the context of the music.

In "Daddy" for example:

Look down we got the same hair
And Daddy it's my birthday
But all I want to say

I'm stunned on how they pulled this.

onlylove

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I already know I'm going to love this album so much....so excited like Christmas or something