First or Second Half?

aschall

Here Comes the Night Time
Coldplayer
^ To the contrary my friend! The first part is WAY mo' bettah. Coldplay + Piano is a winner every time. :cool:

CurtisJ

Hurting like Heaven
Coldplayer
^ To the contrary my friend! The first part is WAY mo' bettah. Coldplay + Piano is a winner every time. :cool:
Haha "A simple plot but I know one day, good things are coming our way" completely got me! Therefore the second part just makes my day :cool:

86Timewarp

Billy N.™ the Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yes please Car Kids is like a freaking disease that's over ridden the forum :angry:

Anyway; 2nd half hands down. I feel like the 2nd half is about starting over and letting go while delivering the message in a nice upbeat rhythm :uhoh:

Black Dog

Live From Michigan!
Coldplayer
I love the second half :love:

It's a great ending to the album. Ties it all together.

Poky

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I prefer second part. It's simple, but have something with "old" power.

Abracadabra

I'm good at bad ideas
Coldplayer
Both halves. The two opposite sounds is what makes this song so unique.

Lodova

Hate is blind.
Coldplayer
Second! :heart:
This song makes me little bit sad because I remember the end of Live 2012 in cinema.
But I really like Up with the birds and I don't understand why it doesn't deserve more attention than Up in flames or Us against the world. ;)

James.

(Nice Title)
Coldplayer
This could have been so great live. Imagine if they had left for a while after ETIAW and then Chris came back on and played the first half solo on the piano (maybe back on the C-Stage). Then the other band members would come back on for the second half of the song with them all standing together with just acoustic guitars kind of like how they played Don Quixote on the Viva tour. Perfect way to end a concert.

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
Ohgod don't make me think of it :cry::wacky::cry:

aschall

Here Comes the Night Time
Coldplayer
Easily the first half. I'm a sucker for Chris + piano

nvdmm

Oldplayer
Coldplayer
the first half really creeps me out for some reason :anxious:, so i always skip it. the second part though is beautiful. best part of the album along with the whole of Major Minus.

dayna

long time lurker, occasional poster.
Coldplayer
I know I'm like a year and a half late on this thread... but I HAVE to listen to this song every time I fly. After Mylo Xyloto came out and the tour started, I flew a few times to see their concerts... so I associate the lyrics "float all over the world just to see her again" with me flying to see Coldplay <3

kalex1138

Climbing to the sun
Coldplayer
I love the second half :love:

It's a great ending to the album. Ties it all together.
Exactly. The album wouldn't be the same without this song. The lyrics, the tonal shift midway, the guitars... Perfection.

Drippy

Newcomer
Coldplayer
Definitely the second, the last 3 (4 if you split up DLIBYH) songs are honestly some of the best songs they've ever made

corruptedtheory

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I enjoyed the second half more. The only part of the first half that I didn't like was the synth.