Flags - Sunset - Bonus track (Japan exclusive)

beastwars

Light reflection to fade
Coldplayer
Listened to it: good but kinda forgettable imho. Not enough relevant to be included in the album, but it's not bad

kaisin

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Ready to share the link now,
how do I DM everybody who requested?
I'd very much appreciate it if you could send me a link via PM, I live in Mexico so I won't have the chance to listen to it on an official release for quite some time :(

jc90

Most Interesting Poster 2015
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
JC90 verdict - Me likeeeeeeeeeeey

so groovy, I mean, you can tell from the 30 second preview, but I knew I had to get my earholes on it as soon as I heard it. Full version (low fi version I heard) satisfies me. Beginning almost sounds like Vitamins or something Coldplay made in the 90s, or maybe its that guitar effect, but either way, im a fan. Sounds legit like a (pre) parachutes era song in a good way!

edit :sorry, wasnt Vitamins (actually didnt know a full version existed, but youtubed it).

Last edited:

coldplaymakesmyday

You're so far away. That's okay.
Coldplayer
This might sound kind of weird, but I love this song because I'm insecure about my nationality. I really like the part where Chris says that your flag doesn't determine who you are, and you can still be important no matter what. My room has flags from other countries in it, but I still refuse to get one for my home country. This song made me feel a little bit better with the nationality I'm permanently stuck with. It's not that I hate my country or the people living here, and I feel very lucky to be born where I was. But I feel like no matter where I was born, I'd still be unhappy with where I'm from.

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
So heres a trick to how to listen. Pretty sure this isnt technically breaking rules, but it is gray, i'll leave it to mods to determine.

The link FROM THE OFFICIAL COLDPLAY YOUTUBE PAGE is here View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQvhI7EVZ0A&feature=youtu.be

Again, not breaking any rules here because its straight from Coldplay

It will say the video is unavail because you probably need to be in Japan to listen.

So, go to your browser's add ons or extensions store and look up a VPN changer to change to Japan.

Poof.

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm puzzled why it's only available in Japan, what's the deal with that?
Not the first time Coldplay gave Japan some sort of exclusive. But I dont think it will last forever, more like giving Japan a head start then the rest of the world will get access.

LelieJens

Wonder of the World
Coldplayer
Not the first time Coldplay gave Japan some sort of exclusive. But I dont think it will last forever, more like giving Japan a head start then the rest of the world will get access.
Yeah but those other exclusives were "just" live songs, right? I think Flags sounds good! I hope this will be the sound of LP9...

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yeah but those other exclusives were "just" live songs, right? I think Flags sounds good! I hope this will be the sound of LP9...
Someone suggested LP9 maybe sounding like Flags and Orphans. I mean, thats something more radio friendly I think we can all live with!

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I mean, I was pretty lukewarm about EL, but I would place flags near the top if it were on the full album. I guess another case of Coldplay's bsides being better than the main tracks!

a2iel

Coldplayer
Hmmm... Gonna have to hope to hear it in better quality, love that it's a full band song, and that there seems to be a lot of J, just not feeling what seems to me like uninspiring 90's drum beat on it.

ethanallan1

ColdplayClub
Coldplayer
So many people have asked for them to go old school, that 90's drum beat feels pretty damn nostalgic to me, it's an amazing track.

a2iel

Coldplayer
So many people have asked for them to go old school, that 90's drum beat feels pretty damn nostalgic to me, it's an amazing track.
Haha, I'm not one of those people, but there is some nostalgia attached to it I suppose.

VivaLaColdplay90

Coldplay Fanatic
Coldplayer
Does anyone know when Flags is out officially on Spotify? I see the entire album is available except for Flags