Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ghost Stories and Magic Lithographs that were recently sold at coldplay.com are not lithographs

pmorcos

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
For anyone who has purchased a Ghost Stories or Magic Lithograph for US$75 on the Coldplay store, these items are not lithographs nor are they numbered.
They are in fact printed posters. You can contact the store for a refund at this time.

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
For anyone who has purchased a Ghost Stories or Magic Lithograph for US$75 on the Coldplay store, these items are not lithographs nor are they numbered.
They are in fact printed posters. You can contact the store for a refund at this time.
Wow what a rip off!

Captain Crieff

drinking pink rabbits
Staff member
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Seriously?? goddammit that's very uncool

No1CPfan

AKA, Highest Bidder
Coldplayer
Thanks Coldplay.com. An official site selling unofficial crap. A $10 poster for $75.

Watch out for them on eBay as well. I'm sure they will pop up there as soon as people find out they wasted their money they will try to get some back.

fakfak

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
Thanks Coldplay.com. An official site selling unofficial crap. A $10 poster for $75.

Watch out for them on eBay as well. I'm sure they will pop up there as soon as people find out they wasted their money they will try to get some back.
By definition, it's official merch. That doesn't mean it wasn't misrepresented (intentionally or otherwise, though the fact that they're apparently giving out refunds tends to suggest it's the latter.)

I would point out that the word "lithograph" is more broadly applied now than it has traditionally been in the past to include a variety of cheaper forms more properly classed as "prints" (posters). Be careful when you buy something like that, and not just from coldplay.com.

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
I would point out that the word "lithograph" is more broadly applied now than it has traditionally been in the past to include a variety of cheaper forms more properly classed as "prints" (posters).
When I see today's... "lithographs" I always cringe. I made them myself on a freaking stone and a 100 years old German cast iron squeezing machine :lol:
Now you just get a thicker paper with a cheap print on it :|

Fabreeze

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
On 30.05.14 I got an e-mail from [email protected] saying:

"[...] Thank you for your recent order of a Magic lithograph from the Coldplay Store. Unfortunately, due to a production issue, you received a copy that was not hand numbered. We will ship out a replacement lithograph that is hand numbered at no additional cost to you. This will arrive in the next '7 business days'. Apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience which this causes. [...]"

Anyone else?

Sam1036

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I just got sent a second poster today which is numbered and is on better paper.