Ghost Stories Live 2014 out 24 November

Liam

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
One thing is for sure, the album sounds so much better live! Especially songs like another's arms

Little Miss Coldplay

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Not sure if anyone's already mentioned this or not but it's a shame the boys didn't put "The Making of Ghost Stories" on the DVD x

Jaes

LP6
Coldplayer
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has or knows where to find the Japanese bonus track. It's Viva la Vida live.

nvdmm

Oldplayer
Coldplayer
After watching the Ghost Story video several times I've come to the conclusion it's the best music video they've done since Strawberry Swing. It's a huge shame so many people won't ever hear the song or watch the video.

MosesTheMarshmallow

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Great DVD. Shame about: Making of Ghost Stories, the iTunes animated thing. Those were both fantastic pieces of media that should've ended up on the DVD. :(

joseki

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
[video=youtube;VG_xGYEbNaQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG_xGYEbNaQ[/video]

My favorite track on the CD.

jc90

Most Interesting Poster 2015
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Question: has anyone actually gotten their hands on a copy of the DVD/CD? I've only seen CD/DVD or Bluray/CD. If so, where did you find it, 'cause i'm still looking around for a copy.

Danceteacher

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Question: has anyone actually gotten their hands on a copy of the DVD/CD? I've only seen CD/DVD or Bluray/CD. If so, where did you find it, 'cause i'm still looking around for a copy.
Hmm I don't know what you mean - is there a difference between DVD/CD and CD/DVD? In any case I have a version in a DVD case with a DVD and a CD in it.

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hmm I don't know what you mean - is there a difference between DVD/CD and CD/DVD? In any case I have a version in a DVD case with a DVD and a CD in it.
The only diff is the case it comes in. DVD/CD means it comes in a DVD case whereas CD/DVD comes in a CD case. Both versions have both the DVD and CD in it.

I don't have a bluray player so I don't know about them, but I believe the Bluray/CD only comes in Bluray.

Edit: I believe the DVD/CD costs more too iirc

Danceteacher

Up&Up
Coldplayer
The only diff is the case it comes in. DVD/CD means it comes in a DVD case
Ok - I definitely have the DVD case, I ordered it via Amazon and teh price was normal. I can post a pic tomorrow if you need it.

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Ok - I definitely have the DVD case, I ordered it via Amazon and teh price was normal. I can post a pic tomorrow if you need it.
Nah, I will try amazon. Weird, I legit looked there and ebay and other places but couldnt confirm whether it was the one I was looking for.

Thanks so much DT!

edit: ahhh, I did see it before. I didn't get this one 'cause it only works in European region :(

http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Stories-Live-2014-Europe/dp/B00OIWHI7E/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1419718095&sr=1-2&keywords=ghost+stories+2014+coldplay

edit2: wow, it appears DVD/CD is only for european region. I went to the official Coldplay store (with currency as USD) and couldn't even find the DVD/CD. But when I switched to Euros, the item showed up....

Danceteacher

Up&Up
Coldplayer
edit2: wow, it appears DVD/CD is only for european region. I went to the official Coldplay store (with currency as USD) and couldn't even find the DVD/CD. But when I switched to Euros, the item showed up....
Oh, that's unfair. :sad2:

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Thanks for the sympathies lol, but I went ahead with the CD/DVD version.

For those curious, I was searching for the DVD/CD because the previous DVDs available I have bought in the DVD/CD option. I just wanted to keep the consistency.

atlas2000

Along for the ride
Staff member
Coldplayer
Got mine for Christmas and I watched the extended Magic video. I really loved the isolated piano that plays near the start, has anyone recorded it? I think it would be great for an intro or an outro for a remix! Would love if someone could record it and send it on to me.... Ghost Story vid was good nice performance vid, the Oceans live take was nice also!

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Well, just about finished listening to the cd now and I gotta say...that was terrible. Perhaps it's because they didn't tour much but the quality of the songs just aren't there. With the stupid audience clapping in multiple songs, Chris flubbing the lyrics to oceans (has he done it correctly at all this era?) and Chris just not hitting his stride in a lot of the songs. I guess instrumentally the others were pretty on point. But past that iunno, I was sitting on the fence about even getting this release but I might have made the wrong decision, with the NBC special being downloadable long ago already.

jossec

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Sadly, I have to agree. Aside from the lacking quality in performance, the production isn't as great as with previous releases either.

KaeEm

Coldplayer
Coldplayer