Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ghost Stories, release date: 19 May 2014

LVI56

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
My Amazon pre-order says "closed due to lack of payment", yet on the album page it says I pre-ordered and will be notified when it's available to download...

Edit: I used an old card, so no transaction. Odd it didn't just pull from my new or alternate payment methods.

periahdark

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The page for the Deluxe Edition on Target.com says it's "not available in stores". Is that a mistake? Because I'm gonna be really bummed if I go into Target tomorrow morning and find out they don't have any copies.

Mackplay

Coldslay
Coldplayer
I've bought my copy from iTunes. Going to Target tomorrow to get 2 special edition copies. I think this is their best album.

Skypala

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I've bought my copy from iTunes. Going to Target tomorrow to get 2 special edition copies. I think this is their best album.
I also think so-- there has been a vocal minority of negativity on here but I think this is their finest work.

aprilshack

Coldplayer
If anyone gets their copy from Amazon uk which was shipped Saturday, please let me know so i can get through my working day!

Little Miss Coldplay

Up&Up
Coldplayer
If anyone gets their copy from Amazon uk which was shipped Saturday, please let me know so i can get through my working day!
I got an email from Amazon yesterday saying Ghost Stories had been dispatched and would be delivered on Tuesday, an email today saying it'll be delivered today and not long ago it came through my front door! :D x

aprilshack

Coldplayer
I got an email from Amazon yesterday saying Ghost Stories had been dispatched and would be delivered on Tuesday, an email today saying it'll be delivered today and not long ago it came through my front door! :D x
Did you pay for first class post or the dearer postal option?

Little Miss Coldplay

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Did you pay for first class post or the dearer postal option?
I chose the free post option which can take a few days. I ordered it on Tuesday just gone. I just checked the order confirmation email which said the estimated delivery date could be this Thursday or this Saturday! I'm so glad it came today and hope yours is waiting for you when you get home from work! x

aprilshack

Coldplayer
I chose the free post option which can take a few days. I ordered it on Tuesday just gone. I just checked the order confirmation email which said the estimated delivery date could be this Thursday or this Saturday! I'm so glad it came today and hope yours is waiting for you when you get home from work! x
Thanks! I never seem to have luck when it comes to ordering pre releases from amazon,even when I pay for first class post!

Edit: Well, for the first time ever, Amazon have delivered a pre order on time! :)

Little Miss Coldplay

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Thanks! I never seem to have luck when it comes to ordering pre releases from amazon,even when I pay for first class post!

Edit: Well, for the first time ever, Amazon have delivered a pre order on time! :)
You're welcome! I've never ordered an album online before lol and was wondering how pre-ordering worked in terms of if we would get Ghost Stories on the actual release date. I was really doubting it! Please let me/us know if you get/got your copy today, I'm curious! Actually, by your Edit, does that mean you now have your copy from Amazon? :D x

aprilshack

Coldplayer
You're welcome! I've never ordered an album online before lol and was wondering how pre-ordering worked in terms of if we would get Ghost Stories on the actual release date. I was really doubting it! Please let me/us know if you get/got your copy today, I'm curious! Actually, by your Edit, does that mean you now have your copy from Amazon? :D x
Yes, it arrived! It's a miracle!

Deirdre

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I ordered mine a few hours ago on Amazon so my physical copy will be in my hands soon :dance: But I also got the dowloadable version (autorip thing) and my first impression is that it's very airy except for ASFOS because it's more on the dancing electro side. I think I will listen to that record a lot :D

K

kmm1482

I also think so-- there has been a vocal minority of negativity on here but I think this is their finest work.
I disagree. While a GOOD album, in my opinion, this is not their best work. Lyrically, composition-wise, no Ghost Story but the watered down Sky Full of Stars, too many modern fads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skypala

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I disagree. While a GOOD album, in my opinion, this is not their best work. Lyrically, composition-wise, no Ghost Story but the watered down Sky Full of Stars, too many modern fads.

Perhaps.. I actually agree with you to a degree. But there is no denying that there has been a vocal minority of negativity on here.

K

kmm1482

Eh. Maybe in some areas. But in others this album just doesn't satisfy. There is a large discrepancy between the good side and bad side

Skypala

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Eh. Maybe in some areas. But in others this album just doesn't satisfy. There is a large discrepancy between the good side and bad side

In the end really it's all down to personal taste I guess haha