Glastonbury Festival 2015

grids

I'm not that great
Coldplayer
Or he can only be one of the hosts or probably perfoming one song featuring other bands.

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Digital Spy brings up a few interesting points

[h=1]It's a big one! Final Glastonbury headliner is apparently two acts[/h]Despite Glastonbury Festival confirming over 70 acts last week, there's still one massive question left unanswered: who is the final headliner?

It's an answer we'll have to wait until June 1 to find out, apparently, after Michael Eavis revealed during a talk at the V&A museum in London last night (April 21) that's when the big announcement will be.

But farmer Eavis had more teasing to do. He alluded that it may not necessarily be a final headliner to announce, but rather final headliners.

The announcement, he went on to emphasise, will be a "big one", according to eFestivals, while he added that the bands involved were "most likely" British.

Although Emily Eavis has asserted that Coldplay aren't the final headliner earlier this year, Michael Eavis has explained that frontman Chris Martin is involved with the upcoming announcement.

© Getty Images / Matt Cardy

So now, instead of having the one simple question of 'who is the final headliner?', we have even more queries.

Is Chris Martin doing a special acoustic set with someone? Will it be a supergroup scenario? Has he helped The Stone Roses write new material to perform? Was Emily bluffing and Coldplay are, in fact, the final headliners with special guests?

We'll have to stick it out until June 1 to find out.

@AwardChris

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Ahh...think I posted it at the same time as you Christa [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MNRater

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Lollapalooza Berlin has also announcement on 1st june. It looks good :)

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Ahh...think I posted it at the same time as you Christa [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

ha! i just saw that in HQ!

cheeetaz

Owner of a Phil signed ID
Coldplayer
Regarding lolla berlin
"remaining act, [which] might have been the first one to be booked, yet…will be the last one to be revealed during a grand event," according to a statement released announcing the lineup.
That would mean they would have booked coldplay as one of the first bands a long time ago, i don't see it happening.

Safy

An Outsider
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
is there any chance that the final headliners are U2, & Chris will play alongside because Bono hasn't fully recovered?

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
^could be.. that would be interesting. Maybe Coldplay and Rihanna? Coldplay and U2?

HurtsLikeHeaven42

Leave A Light on
Coldplayer
Unless A Head Full Of Dreams is released before Glastonbury (which I very much doubt), I don't want them to perform. Otherwise it's MX all over again with he new songs being played and the first time we hear them are not good quality and live and all that. It just ruins the experience

gai

so the super group theories go out the window... two separate bands
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/grchughes">@grchughes</a> ah,don't get confused by the two bands together story! We are announcing one band as headliner but a great penultimate too..</p>&mdash; Emily Eavis (@emilyeavis) <a href="https://twitter.com/emilyeavis/status/591329640058236928">April 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

nev72

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
http://www.nme.com/news/glastonbury/84852?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=glastonbury

Emily Eavis addresses rumours of two acts headlining Sunday night of Glastonbury Her father Michael Eavis had previously hinted that the headline act would consists of two artists combined

Emily Eavis addresses rumours of two acts headlining Sunday night of Glastonbury Photo: GettyGlastonbury Festival organiser Emily Eavis has clarified matters over recent reports regarding the upcoming last headliner announcement.

Michael Eavis recently hinted that the identity of the final Glastonbury headliner will be revealed on June 1, also appearing to imply that the headliner for the Sunday leg would be composed of two artists, rather than one. He also added that they will "most likely" be British and that Coldplay's Chris Martin may be involved.

Now, however, Emily Eavis has addressed her father's comments via Twitter. Responding to a fan who asked "any truth to the rumours of a Sunday night charity super group arranged by Chris Martin?", Eavis replied: "ah,don't get confused by the two bands together story! We are announcing one band as headliner but a great penultimate too".

However, Eavis did not deny that Chris Martin would be involved.

There has been constant speculation over the identity of the artist joining Foo Fighters and Kanye West in headlining this year’s festival. Coldplay are 3/1 favourites with bookmakers William Hill, though Emily Eavis has previously ruled them out of playing. Muse and AC/DC have concerts elsewhere on June 28, so will not be the final headliner.

Other artists confirmed as performing at Glastonbury include Alt-J , Florence And The Machine, The Maccabees, Suede, Jamie T, The Chemical Brothers, Alabama Shakes, Jungle, FKA Twigs,Catfish And The Bottlemen, Belle & Sebastian, The Vaccines, Super Furry Animals, Patti Smith, Hot Chip, Run The Jewels, Future Islands, Charli XCX, Peace and Circa Waves.

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
hmmm. wonder if somebody is going to slip up prior to June 1st. That is a ways away.

@AwardChris

Coldplayer
2 bands ....could be a cryptic clue....Beady Eye (Liam) and High Flying Birds (Noel) = Oasis

getithom

Baby blue.
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
:eek:

All the sudden I have faith in Coldplay again.

@AwardChris

Coldplayer
So it's official!
The Who are the last headline band at this years Glastonbury Festival