Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Guesses on when the Ghost Stories Tour will start?

MXHLH

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
They could very well do a short US run.... Boston Calling would be once for September, but I am thinking that they will return to the US next april.

cheeetaz

Owner of a Phil signed ID
Coldplayer
Someone posted a review here of the video shoot and mentioned that chris said:

"- No tour plans at the moment, except for maybe these intimate and small shows"

Pier62b

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Maybe there'll be no tour for this album and we'll have to wait three more years to see coldpay live again.

Heavensbee

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I keep getting the feeling that this is LP6.1, and we'll see even more new music in short order, followed by an arena tour...

It's highly unusual for them to release an album and not begin touring immediately after.

Pier62b

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Some band like the Strokes release an album whithout touring, maybe they influenced coldplay to do the same.

laga

♥♥ Feb26-2010♥♥ εїз
Coldplayer
:cry: No...I need to see them live again...

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
Some band like the Strokes release an album whithout touring, maybe they influenced coldplay to do the same.
That would be extremely lame :angry:

laga

♥♥ Feb26-2010♥♥ εїз
Coldplayer
That would be extremely lame :angry:
Indeed! Even if it's a small tour, but that they come here. I can't imagine having to wait another two or three years to see them live again.

Skypala

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
:cry: No...I need to see them live again...
Well, I highly doubt they would skip a tour for this album-- Coldplay is a band that thrives on touring, as Chris has said in the past. Why would they skip out on sharing the fruits of their labor of the past 2 years by skipping a tour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

laga

♥♥ Feb26-2010♥♥ εїз
Coldplayer
Well, I highly doubt they would skip a tour for this album-- Coldplay is a band that thrives on touring, as Chris has said in the past. Why would they skip out on sharing the fruits of their labor of the past 2 years by skipping a tour?

I know. My main fear is that they settle for doing these small gigs in Los Angeles and things like that and therefore, fulfill their need to play live while skipping a tour...

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
I guess it is possible that they will settle for smaller venues. But I am pretty sure that there will be a tour.

cheeetaz

Owner of a Phil signed ID
Coldplayer
There has to be a tour. I can't wait to see them live again.
I don't care about the venue, just announce a tour already. :(

wisna

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
The question is if a "small venue" is an arena for about 10.000 people (which is still small compared to stadiums) or a really small theatre for about 1.000 people.
I would love nothing more than seeing them in an intimate venue but if they'd only do several intimate gigs, the number of dissappointed fans would be immense!

gcjuan

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Of course it is, but mine is a little different... :/
I understand you, I live in Venezuela. Coldplay is never gonna come to our countries haha. But we can go to see them in other places near :)

IneedYou23

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't tour that much. With the separation and all for Chris. Maybe play a few small intimate gigs and head back into the studio. It can go either way I think. Either Chris wants to be out and on tour as much as possible to keep busy. Or he could just want to play a few gigs and maybe head back into the studio and write some more. At least he has his band and music in his life still.

theprospekt

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Okay so I definitely think they are going on a tour. Remember what Chris said at iTunes Festival: "Thank you for reminding us how great it is to have people sing your songs back at you" (or something like that).

Why would THE best live act not go on a tour? No tour plans at the moment could still mean it starts in August, as that's a few months after release of the album.

In any case I hope they're coming to Denmark or another Scandinavian country. Small venues are okay as long as I can get tickets. Never saw them live before.

DanielRobertHiggins

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Because they may make another LP, or more likely, an EP before doing a tour. The Ghost Stories music isn't really fit for a stadium tour. We will definitely see some festival shows, sponsored "free concerts", and small gigs for this album though.