How to meet Coldplay "Tactics"

nanda

Livin' life in Technicolor
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I was there professionally, so I couldn't really be a fan.
I was asking them if they could give an interview for the festival's website - that's what I was working on, the official website and social media profiles.

getithom

Baby blue.
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Since they'll be staying in Dallas for two days (or more), I'd like to think I'd be able to find them somewhere. Or, I dunno, meet them at the concert. ;)

eleanordc

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'd go early if it's the last night in that city. I hung out along with some other Coldplayers after the July 9th show in DC. Despite security saying don't bother we stayed.
Then later another security person told us since it was their final night in the city they left straight away and caught the last British Airways flight from Dulles to Heathrow. She seemed pretty tuned in and was actually pretty nice and gave us some details of how they do a runner at the venue. She claimed the band never sticks around but I knew that wasn't true having read about people meeting them after some shows.
She told us the band had family in town and they went to a sushi place near Verizon Center after the first show on the 8th, had a big party to celebrate their upcoming break and didn't go back to the hotel until around 4:00AM.
She said they stayed at Hotel Monaco which is a small boutique hotel right down the street from Verizon Center. Just in case we hung around longer until one of the roadies came up and said they left so I did too. Of course he could have been lying in which case I'll curl up into a ball and die!

Californication

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
What worked for me twice is waiting for them at the back door after the gig. You have to be patient and nice with the security. Don't listen to them if they say they have left already or they're leaving by cars. Both times Chris was in his car ready to take the road and he stopped it to come to see his fans. He's really sweat and nice, I'm sure if he has time to take some pictures and sign some autographs he'll do it.
I met Chris twice and Jonny once, but I never had the chance to meet Guy and Will. I'm going to the two gigs in Boston so I'm gonna try again. If some of you want to try with me they're welcome !

dayna

long time lurker, occasional poster.
Coldplayer
I'm going to the two gigs in Boston so I'm gonna try again. If some of you want to try with me they're welcome !
I'm going to the second show and I'm planning on sticking around the venue too. :)

smallnshort247

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I saw Coldplay in D.C twice July 8th and 9th. We had a pretty bad storm so I didn't wait on the 8th and I really regret it because he actually came out to sign stuff for people that night. The second night I waited but since the D.C show was the last one before their 2 week break, apparently they left the Verizon Center asap. We waited about an extra hour plus for them to come out and all the security people said they left a long time ago. We started to believe them once people with Coldplay MX passes told us they left. On the plus side, we did get to meet Wolf Gang while waiting for Coldplay! They were really nice and let us take a picture.

So for future concerts, I'll probably start seeing both of their shows in the area and will always wait outside after the concert! I used to think the chances of meeting Coldplay was really rare but it seems very possible now. I mean on the 8th my friend and I were lucky enough to get upgraded from nose bleed to front row seats so anythings possible! Jonny even acknowledged me twice during that concert which was super awesome! Coldplay is just awesome!

smallnshort247

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'd go early if it's the last night in that city. I hung out along with some other Coldplayers after the July 9th show in DC. Despite security saying don't bother we stayed.
Then later another security person told us since it was their final night in the city they left straight away and caught the last British Airways flight from Dulles to Heathrow. She seemed pretty tuned in and was actually pretty nice and gave us some details of how they do a runner at the venue. She claimed the band never sticks around but I knew that wasn't true having read about people meeting them after some shows.
She told us the band had family in town and they went to a sushi place near Verizon Center after the first show on the 8th, had a big party to celebrate their upcoming break and didn't go back to the hotel until around 4:00AM.
She said they stayed at Hotel Monaco which is a small boutique hotel right down the street from Verizon Center. Just in case we hung around longer until one of the roadies came up and said they left so I did too. Of course he could have been lying in which case I'll curl up into a ball and die!
I was there waiting with you! I was so bummed that night. It was nice getting to meet Wolf Gang though. I'm considering going to the NJ shows Aug 3rd and 4th and try my chances of meeting them after the concert..

Til_Kingdom_Come

Live long and prosper :)
Coldplayer
How To Meet Coldplay?!

Post facts, tips and information on how to meet Coldplay or any of the members:

*Hang around outside Chris Martin's house in belsize Park, London
*Sneak backstage at a gig
*Go to an Oxfam charity gig whenever you can
*Visit their two London studios (The Bakery and The Beehive) InCamdem
*Go to where the special access cars go during a gig
*Look out for a big black German SUV, they should be inside it

ANYMORE TIPS????

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
Post facts, tips and information on how to meet Coldplay or any of the members:

*Sneak backstage at a gig
*Go to an Oxfam charity gig whenever you can
*Visit their two London studios (The Bakery and The Beehive) InCamdem
*Go to where the special access cars go during a gig
*Look out for a big black German SUV, they should be inside it

ANYMORE TIPS????
Threads merged.

Only if you're fricking creepy.

Til_Kingdom_Come

Live long and prosper :)
Coldplayer
Threads merged.

Only if you're fricking creepy.

yep lol. or just find the address and write him a letter. i'm sure he wouldn't mind if you were outside and asked for an autograph or something, but don't bring a camera, or he might think your a nosey pap and punch you! :p lol just joking xx

eleanordc

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I was there waiting with you! I was so bummed that night. It was nice getting to meet Wolf Gang though. I'm considering going to the NJ shows Aug 3rd and 4th and try my chances of meeting them after the concert..
Hi,

Did you go to the Jersey shows? Any luck meeting them? I went on the 4th but didn't stick around figuring they weren't hanging out and were headed straight to Manhattan.

Xylobrite

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hey guys! I'm flying to London next week (from 27.09 to 30.09) and I wish I could meet them at the Bakery/Beehive.

Any suggestion about timetables? The Bakery or The Beehive?
Do you think after Hannover they will be back to London on 23.09?

Hope you can help me.
I'm a Coldplayer since 2000 and I just want to tell them they're the sountrack of my life :)

Thank you and cheers from Italy :)

smallnshort247

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hi,

Did you go to the Jersey shows? Any luck meeting them? I went on the 4th but didn't stick around figuring they weren't hanging out and were headed straight to Manhattan.
Sorry for such the late response! I didn't end up going to the NJ shows. The plans for the trip kind of fell through. Same for when I planned to see them in Boston. However, I just saw them Dec 30th at the Barclays center. It was freezing outside but I figured I'd just walk to the back of the center just to see if they'd be back there. Of course one of the guys who worked there said they left right after the concert. Not sure if he was being honest, but there was no way I could wait outside for much longer in that cold weather lol.

Next tour ill try again. I may even head out on their last song a little early to stand by the gate.. Maybe that'll help.

eleanordc

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Sorry for such the late response! I didn't end up going to the NJ shows. The plans for the trip kind of fell through. Same for when I planned to see them in Boston. However, I just saw them Dec 30th at the Barclays center. It was freezing outside but I figured I'd just walk to the back of the center just to see if they'd be back there. Of course one of the guys who worked there said they left right after the concert. Not sure if he was being honest, but there was no way I could wait outside for much longer in that cold weather lol.

Next tour ill try again. I may even head out on their last song a little early to stand by the gate.. Maybe that'll help.
Hi,

I left the NJ show a bit early but wished I hadn't. I should've known they would do a runner and head to NYC. The show was great but as you probably already know there is NOTHING else around the arena unlike Verizon Center in D.C. BTW it was fun meeting you and your friends after the show in D.C July 9th. Call me biased but as D.C native it ranked as my best show so far with Mohegan Sun a close second. That's a great place to see a show too!

Can't wait til the next tour and album. Hope to see you at a show before too long. :)