Hurts Like Heaven

Teco

Open up your ayes
Coldplayer
nobody gets jonny's first riff right, i watched several covers and they all mess up the guitar part :laugh3:

it is very good, btw, kacey, you're great :)

OnlookerDelay

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hey guys, I did a cover of Hurts like Heaven on piano a while back.

Hope you like it :)
I saw this one right after I saw and heard your "Moving to Mars" cover. I found it to be almost as enthralling as the MTM cover (to which I'm more partial due to my personal preference for the song). It's amazing how you capture the soul of these songs in such a short period of time!

I've now heard five of your Coldplay LP5 covers and the original songs. They each have a unique, symbiotic relationship with one another in my estimation. I can appreciate each version of the songs more, having heard both. They are both stronger and more multidimensional with the other as a compliment... I hope this makes sense:confused::)

Anyway, thanks again for sharing your gift... I'm thoroughly enjoying your work!

The Duke

Renaissance Man
Coldplayer
I had a much stronger initial reaction to Charlie Brown but the more and more I listen to Hurts Like Heaven it's closing the gap fast. I still think I prefer Charlie Brown, but this is a great great song. Of the new material i've heard, I'd rank them:

Charlie Brown
Hurts Like Heaven
Every Teardrop is a Waterfall
Moving to Mars
Us Against the World
Major Minus

prowlingfox

Escapist
Coldplayer
I had a much stronger initial reaction to Charlie Brown but the more and more I listen to Hurts Like Heaven it's closing the gap fast. I still think I prefer Charlie Brown, but this is a great great song. Of the new material i've heard, I'd rank them:

Charlie Brown
Hurts Like Heaven
Every Teardrop is a Waterfall
Moving to Mars
Us Against the World
Major Minus
I agree with your ranking here.

QuestionsOfScience

Bannana Juice
Coldplayer
I must list mine because I declare myself hardcore...

Hurts Like Heaven
Major Minus
Charlie Brown
Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
Moving To Mars
Us Against The World

there, I've said it...anything you say and do will be used against you.

Skin&Bones

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Princess of China
Hurts Like Heaven/ Charlie Brown (I just think they're both equally amazing :) )
Moving To Mars
Major Minus
ETIAW
UATW

Major_Love

A Prospekt
Coldplayer
Unbelievable...Billboard says that they really consider Hurts Like Heaven for the bin... -.-

Come on guys, I want it on the album!

graceberryman

Live Life Large
Coldplayer
I would honestly cry if Hurts Like Heaven wasn't on Mylo Xyloto. :bigcry: It's such a freaking amazing song I don't know how they would skip over it.

H

howyousawtheworld

Stunned when I read HLH could be for the chop. It's a stunner!

The Duke

Renaissance Man
Coldplayer
It'll be on there. This would be like saying Lovers in Japan wouldn't have been on Viva or The Scientist not on AROBTTH. And it's not like Life in Technicolor II where it was a work in progress, HLH was pretty much a finished product 6 weeks ago AND it was opening their shows.

The Duke

Renaissance Man
Coldplayer
But why would they say that if it's not true?
I think they were just reiterating that few things are 100% certain with the album at this point and they will be tweaking it up until the very last minute possible. I'll be genuinely shocked if HLH isn't in MX.

parsons210

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
If HLH is not on and Major Minus is then Im afraid I will be very unhappy!! I already have that frigging song!! HLH is the best record they have done in my opinion!! I am now extremely nervous.

Kacey

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I don't know...the live performance has the fuzzy man guy, of which there are already t-shirts available of. Surely it means this song will be performed during the actual tour...why put those up if they're not going to be on the album?

MX + HLH seem like a good album opening as well. Here's to hoping, but I am a bit worried too.

laxwatcher

Escapist
Coldplayer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti7xbc68KYw"]Coldplay - Hurts Like Heaven (Cover) - YouTube[/ame]

This is the full cover.