Hypnotised - first song off Kaleidoscope

TheSavage_

Up&Up
Coldplayer
This makes up for Something Just Like This! Nah, all kidding aside this one is incredible!

arushofjacktothehead

A Wispa, A Wispa, A Wispa
Coldplayer
JESUSUSSUSUSUSUSUSUSJSUSUSJSUUSSS

fuck. this is what should have followed AOAL. remind me to edit the album I'm working on with the other Coldplayers contributions right now.

@beastwars COME IN NOW, DREAM POP COLDPLAY ARE HERE

Fazkool

Projektmarch: CP eFanshop
Coldplayer
Wait Something Just Like This is in the EP? I hope it's a different take of the song, maybe they can salvage it a bit

awachi

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Beautiful! Reminds me of a slowed down version of Amazing Day

anthamic

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
I think the song's good, but I don't like the bell-like sound from the intro that loops through the song. Wonder if they'll play this on the Asia tour...

getithom

Baby blue.
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I can't get over how beautiful this track is. It's the culmination of everything we've had since Ghost Stories. It's fluid, it's moving, it's powerful. Not to mention how clean the production is. And the lyrics are good! And Chris saying, "J!" and everything. I'm floored, tbh. Completely floored.

VIVA.42

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
When I heard "J!" I got goosebumps. Never thought we'd hear that in a studio version of a song it's so loving of chris to theow that in.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Coldplaying mobile app

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Finally got to listen to it entirely, and wow ! It's so soothing and beautiful.
The melody in the "..like an eeeagle / neeeeedle" lines, and the strings towards the end....so dreamy !

Hedwig

A Head Full of Dreams
Coldplayer
The first thing I saw when I woke up! Got the notification and I was so freaking excited! I listened to Hypnotised and I am definitely not disappointed. :) It's really beautiful and takes you to a whole different place! Can't wait for the EP!!!

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
By the way, can any of the mods please correct the spelling in the title to "Hypnotised" ?
I was too excited and made a little mistake there... :blush:

Brook

Coldplayer
Absolutely brilliant! I hope Coldplay continue in this direction.

42JTR

Watching my life on the skyline
Coldplayer
This song is so so good. The lyrics, the production, the instrumentation the ''Jay!'' part and the way Chris sings throughout the song, so much emotion so beautiful and it truely reminds me of their earlier years (reminds me a bit of Gravity somehow), the song has restored all my faith in Coldplay.

strawberrytom

Coldplayer
This is exactly the kind of music I was expecting from AHFOD with all the psychedelic imagery and stuff, I can hear a little bit of Pink Floyd in there.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
This is exactly the kind of music I was expecting from AHFOD with all the psychedelic imagery and stuff, I can hear a little bit of Pink Floyd in there.
Yes, so glad I'm not the only one thinking this - when I first heard it, I immediately thought Jonny's guitar sounds like David Gilmour's style in Pink Floyd here. Cool !

strawberrytom

Coldplayer
Yes, so glad I'm not the only one thinking this - when I first heard it, I immediately thought Jonny's guitar sounds like David Gilmour's style in Pink Floyd here. Cool !
I remember when people were speculating before AHFOD that it could have a similar sound to this, after the Dark Side Of The Moon symbol after True Love and the artwork for AHFOD, so I'm glad we got a song like this!

Revolverwin

Champion of the World
Coldplayer
Wow...
It's like a marriage between Parachutes and X&Y. And the best part? no synths and electronic stuff. It's so raw. That Jonny riff reminds me of A Rush of Blood to the Head (song) while the intro borrowed elements from Reign of Love and Atlas.

"It was dark, now it's sunrise."

msimo4

GS era fan, wishing to have been an MX era fan...
Coldplayer
Wow...
It's like a marriage between Parachutes and X&Y. And the best part? no synths and electronic stuff. It's so raw. That Jonny riff reminds me of A Rush of Blood to the Head (song) while the intro borrowed elements from Reign of Love and Atlas.

"It was dark, now it's sunrise."
Idk what you're listening to, but there's definitely some electronic stuff in there. The opening melody is a synth itself.