I Think The Acoustic 'Lost' Is The Better Than The Normal!

iPsy

Here Comes The Flashover!
Coldplayer
I LOVE VIVA LA VIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I'm just so overwhelmed, it is amazing but one song I love is 'Lost', but when I heard the proper version, I thought the claps ruined it, I think the acoustic is much better, What do you think?

anyway, the album- 10/10

froglenn

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yep, it sounds rather overproduced after a few listens, I have to say I'm not won over by it. The acoustic version is good and the solo fits the piano better than the guitar imho.

The acoustic vs album argument I feel also applies to Lovers in Japan. I really rate the acoustic version, as many people have said it's like a synthesis of See You Soon/Sleeping Sun/Til Kingdom Come, which are some of my favourites. The album version seems really busy and at times, messy. I would also say Chris's vocals on it aren't as refined as the acoustic version, but that's probably just me.

iPsy

Coldplayer
yeah...it's very messy! I've never heard the Lovers In Japan Acoustic version!

But I still like the 'Lost' normal version as the lyrics are amazing!

Breakfast_of_CHAMPION

Biggest Will Fan 2005
Coldplayer
yeah i like the acoustic version better too. i was a bit disappointed with the album version, but it's still ok.

Theroyalty

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The acoustic vs album argument I feel also applies to Lovers in Japan. I really rate the acoustic version, as many people have said it's like a synthesis of See You Soon/Sleeping Sun/Til Kingdom Come, which are some of my favourites. The album version seems really busy and at times, messy. I would also say Chris's vocals on it aren't as refined as the acoustic version, but that's probably just me.
I prefer the album version of Lost, it's more eventful, I like the beat, but i agree with your analysis of LIJ.

iPsy

Coldplayer
more eventful??? I suppose, but it is NOT the Coldplay I know, they are not into TOO Many claps, they could have made it so amazing and emotional but they have tried to make it 'fun', which is NOT Coldplay! lol, that's what I think anyway

felicote

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I love the beats in Lost!. Although Lost? was pretty cool acoustic. It must have been a really tough choice for coldplay regarding which one of the two to include.

not01

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The acoustic version is better. Definitely. I don't really know why. The vocals on the album version are better though.

iPsy

Coldplayer
if you like the album version better....do you know who Coldplay are????
And I'm not so sure about the lyrics in both songs, they seem to be clear in both, don't they???

joshtimo

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
more eventful??? I suppose, but it is NOT the Coldplay I know, they are not into TOO Many claps, they could have made it so amazing and emotional but they have tried to make it 'fun', which is NOT Coldplay! lol, that's what I think anyway
The band AND Eno have both stated they wanted to make sure, because it was important to them, to have life in the music. Sure you can have serious songs, but there needs to be an organic energy.

I think they achieved that!

iPsy

Coldplayer
yeah, I suppose josh_simo, but I still feel the acoustic has a bit of a better feel to it, it might just be because I LOVE Acoustic music?? maybe, don't get my wrong, I like the album version but I just LOVE The Acoustic version! Brian Eno has brought a brilliant sound to the album and some songs (like Lost), I will have to get used to!

Cold_Huntress

Look At The Stars...
Coldplayer
I thought the same thing the first time I heard the album version, but it's growing on me.

iPsy

Coldplayer
yeah, it's growing on me but still....THE ACOUSTIC IS WAAAAAAAAAY BETTER!

tonethestone

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
album version by a mile! one of my all time fave coldplay songs, album is just magnificent! 10/10, 2nd best album behind AROBTTH

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
Summary:
Lost? has more meaningfulness that we're used to in Coldplay
Lost! is sorta different but coo

:dozey:

TraceOddity

My 'MY HILL' thread.;p
Coldplayer
I think a lot of us prefer the acoustic version because it's the one we got to know the song by. Both are amazing for different reasons, but so far, I def. prefer the acoustic.

I don't want to start a new thread, so I'll just post this here: I'm just now reaching The Escapist and HO-LEE SHIT! THIS IS NOT A COLDPLAY ALBUM!! IT's by some epic band that I've just discovered!! IT CAN'T BE Coldplay!! It's just too...too...too...PERFECT!!!!!!

Oh Em Eff Gee! This is Coldplay??? THIS is my favorite band?? Can I pick 'em or what???? I'm blown away even more than I thought I would be...and all jokes aside, I don't 'squeeeee' for just anything! THIS IS AMAZING!!! LIKE NO OTHER ALBUM THIS DECADE!! (including Coldplay's albums!):D:D:D:D:D!

iPsy

Coldplayer
GOD....The album IS Amazing isn't it, I can't even put it into words, I'm humbled!

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
Hey Trace, I've been trying to download it in it's entirety for about two and a half hours now and am only up to downloading the fourth smallest I don't already have (Strawberry Swing) :dozey:. Consolance cookies?

It's 9 times as worse than Violet Hill Night :disappointed:

iPsy

Coldplayer
arrrrr...I found a brilliant website which downloaded them one by one in about a minute each, I can't remember what website it is, sorry, but it was really good and all the songs are top quality!

why don't you just wait for a week while we feel smug!

:D

lol