Ink interactive music video!

Sparky

Turn Your Magic On
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Very cool. Well, I chose to become a lonely drinker, following the bear and throwing the compass in the ocean :p

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Experience the interactive Ink video
26 November 2014 4:00 pm
Plot your own storyline through the animated tale

Good afternoon. We're very pleased to unveil the groundbreaking new video for Ink, the fourth single to be taken from the Number One album, Ghost Stories (the world’s best-selling artist album of 2014 so far!). The video is available to experience at www.coldplay.com/ink now.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zyAV4sfm10k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can plot your own storyline through the interactive, animated tale about a lost traveller who journeys to the edges of the world in search of his lost love. Viewers can make real-time choices throughout the video, altering its outcome - with more than 300 possible journeys available.

The video was written, directed, and animated by Los Angeles agency Blind. Blind collaborated with digital media company Interlude, utilising their proprietary interactive video technology.

Anchorman

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
:O

Gonna try this out later, this looks like FUN :O

Christa42

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
can't watch at work grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr have to wait

grids

I'm not that great
Coldplayer
The animation reminds me of Lion King or Samurai Jack some kind of :p

ARGH MEMORIES

gai

i got a happily ever after ending. the girl scoops the boy up from a boat falling off the cliff of a waterfall and flies away.

whenIlookintoyoureyes

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
i got a happily ever after ending. the girl scoops the boy up from a boat falling off the cliff of a waterfall and flies away.
That is brilliant! So can you just map it out for me before I begin...I want a guarantee of a happy ending before I attempt such pivotal decisions....:smile:

grids

I'm not that great
Coldplayer
Ah the interlude experience is kinda cool. It takes a while to load in the beginning and story line is so sad. Aw Chris I feel you :(

atlas2000

Along for the ride
Staff member
Coldplayer
In my ending he threw the compass into the ocean and watched it sink!

HurtsLikeHeaven42

Leave A Light on
Coldplayer
It won't load for me, every time it says Something Went Wrong! Every other video works except the one I want to do. it really sucks... :(

whenIlookintoyoureyes

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Just wondering if there are any links to the actual thoughts and comments from Coldplay themselves in regards to the philosophy behind the Ink clip? Thanks!

Safy

An Outsider
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
the original video (without selecting anything) ends with the man throwing himself into the water :surprised:

Has anyone caught a clue for the next era that might have been put there? So far, no luck for me

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
animated 2D Chris you're not supposed to drown yourself in the freaking sea YOU FUCKING IDIOT

GODDAMMIT

*goes for another round*

gai

That is brilliant! So can you just map it out for me before I begin...I want a guarantee of a happy ending before I attempt such pivotal decisions....:smile:
ahh.. it's been awhile and don't think i remember. picked the paint brush first and then took the left path. then chose the girl every time possible. that's all i remember. i was really happy to get the happy ending actually. this era conceptually has been a downer. and no, ASFOS doesn't count.

Christa42

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Oyyy! I got pens and writing and lights and boats and flying and I thought the boat was going off the cliff but the lovely floating lady saved "Chris" and they floated off. So very beautiful, the graphics are incredible. If anyone knows me here I am very connected to the water and boats so it was so surreal. I never appreciated Ink until I heard the live version and now I am so infatuated with the vid. Coldplay makes me fall in love with them every corner they turn, every day that they grow, it all becomes new. so lucky to have experienced all the new facets and changes they make with this interactive vid

anacaren08

Up&Up
Coldplayer
It's been a while since I've been on the forum! But this video brought me back because it was so beautiful, I loved it so much :)
Does anyone know how to do that type of illustration style by any chance :p