Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Interesting information about music

Marrish

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm not mistaken when I say that Guy is definitely playing the bass drum in LOST! without it being monitored. I say this because he'll be "playing" it but it doesn't follow the rhythm of the song and when he stops to adjust to his bass guitar, the speaker is still performing his part. this doesn't bother as much as when they perform Viva La Vida live.

Whenever Chris or Jonny go off to play the little keyboard, their hand movements do not line up with what the song is outputing. they're just playing whatever on the keyboard cause if you actually follow what they are playing, it would sound totally different. also when will hits the jerusalem bell, i don't think it really goes through the monitor instead the playback track takes care of it.

So my question is, am I right? or am I missing something. Are they really playing but somehow there's some delay going on? Im not bashing them, I just want to make sure im not crazy. I know that hey have some complex songs where they really cant' play every instrument and I just wanted to make sure

Xyloband_99

Graphic Designer
Coldplayer
At some concerts there are some delay. But they are doing playback at some points. Example Clocks' lyrics are playback at AHFOD Tour. I don't know why they are doing that but i'm sure they have valid reasons to do.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I am no expert but it is known that they do use a lot of backing tracks during their concerts.

FrankSchepers

Student filmmaker & Huge Coldplay fan
Coldplayer
I think it's just delay of the camera's. And they use backing tracks, for example in viva with the violin and other instruments... Or the voices in HFTW and AOAL