Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is Ghost Stories just LP6.1?

coldplayisawesome

Maybe I'm a ghost
Coldplayer
I'm not getting my hopes up about an EP since we got literally nothing extra last time around.
i think we did get extras last time but it came in the form of non-music things, like the MX comics :thinking:

i don't know about an EP this time around, though... it would certainly be awesome. :p

guda4siempre

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I don't think there will be another ghost stories 2 right after. An EP might be possible in the near future, but what I'm really expecting is that they'll release more b-sides and lp7 will be released in no more than 2 years. I remember reading an NME article at the beginning of last year that they started working on ghost stories already, and also remember how the latin American tour got canceled unlike in the viva la vida tour where it finished until 2010!!!! I think they had a lot of working time on this occasion, so I would be very disappointed if we get only 9 songs with no b-sides, and then have to wait 3 or more years for lp7.

omdfkbr

late and accidental fan
Coldplayer
i'm expecting an EP. if we assume that things would be like Viva La Vida (less amount of songs in the album but very fruitful sessions), an EP should very possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thefox

Sat on a roof, named every star...
Coldplayer
It was after viva was released, in that they toured the US twice within a few months. Then the EP came out, and a few months later they did an "outdoor festival" themed one-off tour, when the setlists were extended and the gig was about 1h:45m (WHICH IS #$%&ING PERFECT FOR THEM AND I HOPE THATS THEIR NEW STANDARD!!!!!!)

Outburst over :D

squibby92

I'm So Easy To Please :)
Coldplayer
I don't think there's anything wrong with nine tracks, Parachutes and Viva had ten. And when you look at Prospekt's March EP, that's not a normal EP, they usually consist of at most 5 tracks really, to get 8 on one is a rarity.

The boys are fans of hidden tracks so it wouldn't surprise me if there was one or two of them on GS. If not then I can still see the album clocking in around the 45 minute mark as usual.

I don't think having nine songs means a shorter wait for the next album either, although that'd be great provided they don't rush it.

Based on the stuff we've heard so far, especially 'Magic', then I'll be more than satisfied with having just nine solid tracks than two or three of them and the rest being album-fillers.

Wilson

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I think it's quite possible we will have another EP or LP by next year…

For the time being it looks like the tour will be pretty low-key, giving them time for another project.
Exactly, I hope your right

Jye91

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I don't get why a lot of people think 9 tracks seems odd for Coldplay. If you don't count the 46 second title track, then Parachutes only has 9 songs too...

RhysBP

Major Minus
Coldplayer
I believe in quality over quantity. Nine tracks is fine in my eyes. It's what in the songs that matters most to me.
I'll admit to saying that the three extra tracks on the US Target release are a nice little bonus.
However, at this point in time, I am not concerned if there's no B-sides or another EP or album in the foreseeable future.

Nature

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
9 tracks is great and if at least 5 of them are great tracks theni'm happy.

K

kmm1482

There has to be a treasure trove of unreleased Coldplay songs. Hell, look at Johnny Cash! He's been dead 9 years and he's had 3-4 albums since then. Plus, MX only had 1! b-side and GS technically only has 2. There has to be lots of songs SOMEWHERE! And it can't be because they suck, as Coldplay always have some of the strongest b-sides

lennyrott2

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
There has to be a treasure trove of unreleased Coldplay songs. Hell, look at Johnny Cash! He's been dead 9 years and he's had 3-4 albums since then. Plus, MX only had 1! b-side and GS technically only has 2. There has to be lots of songs SOMEWHERE! And it can't be because they suck, as Coldplay always have some of the strongest b-sides

One day I am going to be an old man who has a dusty Coldplay catalog when suddenly, one day, they (even older men) release a five disc set of every B-side they never released and glorious euphoric nostalgia will rush over me....such a rush.

Nature

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
So is it true there will be another album next year? or are that rumors?

jaboy99

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I think (judging by a leaked photo of the original plan for GS) we can probably be expecting LP7 in 2016. There were a lot of songs there (including Atlas and Ghost Story) that weren't on the finished album. I believe that the band were going for a fairly big album like Viva but they're mentality changed when Chris started separating with G.P. My prediction, expect a big LP7.