Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is there a guitar in Viva La Vida?

Dark K

Leiran
Coldplayer
Well

Well, you never know, it might be a strange mix between Guy's bass and Johnny's guitar, that must be it, if not, then it must be a violin, but so far, I see keyboards, 2 to 3 violins (or a magical mix by Johnny and Guy), and Will's machine (now what do we call that in english, that part of the drumset).

dotty biscotti

Jedi Knight
Coldplayer
nope, either chris or guy will have the sound on a midi card in their keyboard.

unless that's why the stage this year is weird with two side bits, for a choir or orchestra, or MAGIC BALLS! :sneaky:
Yes. The Magic Balls will take care of everything!

bearcat1229

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Jonny will probably play some of it with a slide and/or ebow. Some people think about how you don't have to "play" anything anymore. These are just FOUR guys how are they suppose to make all those sounds themselves without even a MIDI. Jonny in the past has used his DL4 (loop recorder) plenty and I'm sure he will do it here too.

And no matter how much a keyboard can play things for you you still have to create the masterpiece itself. Putting together and mixing a song is a whole different world than performing it live...

improvtom103

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
....wait, i thought they were playing "Violet Hill" at the Movie Awards. At least that's what I've been reading.

But yeah, I'm interested to see how they'd do "Viva La Vida" live. But I'm sure Coldplay'll find a way.

xsarehardcorex

Spanish Rain
Coldplayer
Guitar starts after the line "Sweep the streets I used to own" doesn't sound much like a conventional one, but its there.