This being human is a guest house...
Every morning a new arrival....

A joy, a depression, a meanness
Some momentary awareness comes
As an unexpected visitor!

Welcome and entertain them all...
Be grateful for whoever comes
Because each has been sent as a guide

this is a persian poem from Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi (مولانا) one of the greatest iranian poets in all history.

getithom

Baby blue.
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
In terms of Coldplay instrumentals, this is my favorite yet. Colour Spectrum is about as good as M.M.I.X, but I am totally going to add Kaleidoscope to my writing playlist. It's charming and calming.

HurtsLikeHeaven42

Leave A Light on
Coldplayer
This is probably one of if not my fav from the album. Absolutely beautiful and so fitting for the album. I cried when listening because it just made me so happy that they had made that hahaha :p

The poem was beautiful and also just instrumental was gorgeous. I feel like they will play this on tour and have the poem on the screens, a whole U2 sort of thing and it will be absolutely amazing! :D

Stephie

My heart is my gun
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
This is probably one of if not my fav from the album. Absolutely beautiful and so fitting for the album. I cried when listening because it just made me so happy that they had made that hahaha :p
I thought I was the only one, lol! I cried as well hearing it for the first time. The poem is beautiful and I'm trying to reach this kind of acceptance for my own life as well. And then this message embedded in so beautiful music... Aw.

grids

I'm not that great
Coldplayer
هست مهمانخانه این تن ای جوان
هر صباحی ضیف نو آید دوان
هین مگو کین مانند اندر گردنم
که هم اکنون باز پرد در عدم
هرچه آید از جهان غیب وش
در دلت ضیفست او را دار خوش
This being human is a guest house...
Every morning a new arrival....

A joy, a depression, a meanness
Some momentary awareness comes
As an unexpected visitor!

Welcome and entertain them all...
Be grateful for whoever comes
Because each has been sent as a guide

this is a persian poem from Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi (مولانا) one of the greatest iranian poets in all history.
I love, love, love this poem. Thank you for sharing!

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
Sweet interlude and I find the narrator voice soothing. Also provides the central theme of the whole album, so nice addition :)

Lana Del Rey also had a poem in the middle of her latest album. I kinda like this, adds an extra artistic touch to the work and also a little breather between songs :)

appleguyjoe

Back to Square One
Coldplayer
Absolutely absolutely beautiful. I love the poem and I love that Coldplay used it. As someone has already said, it provides a wonderful breather. The instrumentals and production is amazing, I wish it was longer with more poetry and such but considering its on one of Coldplay's better albums (and certainly the best in years) that's okay.

appleguyjoe

Back to Square One
Coldplayer
Do kinda wish I could hear Obama more on this track but even that clip adds to the song.

gentleparachute

Up&Up
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The initial waltz at the start is beautiful, but has anyone noticed it then transitions into 5/4 time signature once the poem + accompanying piano actually starts... It feels so natural that you don't even consciously notice it until you start counting the beat!

The Archer

The True Golden Arrows
Coldplayer
I love how it transitions right into Army of One too