Kelly Clarkson covers POC

Prospector

Rafael
Coldplayer
I really don't like Kelly Clarkson and she killed the song in my opinion, but that's ok, at least she likes Coldplay :p

H

howyousawtheworld

I wouldn't replace Rihanna with anyone else, the song was for her in mind and her vocals suited the style. Kelly has stunning vocals but that would have been way too much power to mesh with Chris on the record.
It would have been better (and sounded better) if someone like Lily Allen sung on Princess of China in my opinion. Like Coldplay she started out in the Camden pubs and clubs in North London and generally would have sounded less generic and more unique.

MosesTheMarshmallow

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
I think I'm the last person on Coldplaying that likes Rihanna's voice and the way it fits on POC. >__<

On the other hand, I think this cover (like the acoustic EP version) once again shows that this song would've sounded a lot better if it had one less layer of synth. Kelly does a good job with it. :)

I'm Lost

Sultan
Coldplayer
I'm listening.I like opinions,so different.Kelly is one of favorite artists. :) very good and very nice.

CurtisJ

Hurting like Heaven
Coldplayer
It would have been better (and sounded better) if someone like Lily Allen sung on Princess of China in my opinion. Like Coldplay she started out in the Camden pubs and clubs in North London and generally would have sounded less generic and more unique.
I actually think Rihanna is the least generic sounding female in pop music right now. I hear a song of any genre she's hopped on playing on the radio and I know it's her.

Lily Allen sounds like she's always in a daze when she sings and I'm not too fond of that style but hey that's just me.

wabbit

Tweet Reader.
Coldplayer
This version sounded amazing by itself, but I think it's a very emotional rendition in a Kelly Clarkson signature way. The way Rihanna sings it is more cold and royal turns-nose-up-at-you which I think is the tone they were going for, not a pull-at-your-heart vibe which this version gives me.

I like both :)

suzanafg

Stand tall, bipedal ape
Coldplayer
Thanks CurtisJ and [email protected] for the videos!

I found it overall quite good. The instrumental part is great, a lot better than the layer after layer of sound in the original song, imo (it isn't really bad, it's just not my cup of tea). My only complaint is that Kelly's voice sometimes sounds a bit like moaning, which I find a bit annoying, but, overall, it's quite a fine cover.

MosesTheMarshmallow

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
This version sounded amazing by itself, but I think it's a very emotional rendition in a Kelly Clarkson signature way. The way Rihanna sings it is more cold and royal turns-nose-up-at-you which I think is the tone they were going for, not a pull-at-your-heart vibe which this version gives me.

I like both :)
Well it IS called Princess of China...

the3jr

Ancient
Coldplayer
I actually think Rihanna is the least generic sounding female in pop music right now. I hear a song of any genre she's hopped on playing on the radio and I know it's her.

Lily Allen sounds like she's always in a daze when she sings and I'm not too fond of that style but hey that's just me.
I like them both, I would've been open to hear Lily singing Rihanna's part, but with Rihanna, it just sounds very in it's place. Which is good.

Rainystrawberry

You're in control
Coldplayer
I like Kelly Clarkson and she sings this good , but it has a country feel to it when she sings it and I don't like that

ColinM

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I wouldn't replace Rihanna with anyone else, the song was for her in mind and her vocals suited the style. Kelly has stunning vocals but that would have been way too much power to mesh with Chris on the record.
I agree as well.