Latin American Tour 2013 [CANCELLED - GENERAL DISCUSSION HERE]

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
I don't get it, Warner Music possesses EMI that possesses Coldplay?
Not exactly. Parlophone, Coldplay's label, belonged to EMI. EMI was bought by Universal Music, but the European commission stated that, in order to make sure there'd still be enough competition on the market, Universal could not buy all of EMI, and Universal therefore had to sold Parlophone. Parlophone now belongs to Warner, not EMI.

Jonny and the cake

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
Not exactly. Parlophone, Coldplay's label, belonged to EMI. EMI was bought by Universal Music, but the European commission stated that, in order to make sure there'd still be enough competition on the market, Universal could not buy all of EMI, and Universal therefore had to sold Parlophone. Parlophone now belongs to Warner, not EMI.
Okay, thanks!

laga

♥♥ Feb26-2010♥♥ εїз
Coldplayer
My Opinion, is there is a new owner that was announced a few day's back, and maybe the contract couldn't work itself out in time for the new owners to agree on money issues, or does the record label not make money on tours???
It does sound logic in a way, although I have no idea how all these things work. However, I think, if the problem was indeed the Parlophone selling to Warner, that is not something the band (and by band I also mean here all the people that work for them and are in charge of tours and contracts and all that) couldn't have known in advance, or before announcing the tour.

daniel lavigne

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
HOW TRUE IS THIS?? Its from a newspaper in Mexico..

http://www.publimetro.com.mx/entretenimiento/coldplay-ofrecera-conciertos-gratis-en-monterrey-y-guadalajara/mmbl!U5ibexJlhcPys/

Heres the translation:
COLDPLAY TO OFFER FREE CONCERTS IN MONTERREY AND GUADALAJARA.

No Violence Foundation headed by Yoko Ono announced that come September and October the English band to offer free concerts
Many rumors had about canceling Coldplay's tour in Latin America, but on Monday the Violence Foundation aunció not a strong activity for 2013 is to bring this British band to Mexico, it would be in September to Monterrey and October in Guadalajara.

"Coldplay were surprised by the ease of committing to the cause, and especially because they know the importance of combating violence in Latin America, so we said yes, they were interested in what they can contribute.

For now we see who will be the group opener, on the issue of the seat, the issue is complicated because you must find a free space, we are subject to local governments, "said Mauricio Bermudez, director of Non Violence in Latin America.
During the opening of the exhibition Guns for peace at the Westin Guadalajara, actor Alfonso Herrera unveiled his sculpture titled Peace. Furthermore, on 30 April, Children's Day, the Chivas soccer team will be named Ambassador of Peace

lorepalma

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
HOW TRUE IS THIS?? Its from a newspaper in Mexico..

http://www.publimetro.com.mx/entretenimiento/coldplay-ofrecera-conciertos-gratis-en-monterrey-y-guadalajara/mmbl!U5ibexJlhcPys/

Heres the translation:
COLDPLAY TO OFFER FREE CONCERTS IN MONTERREY AND GUADALAJARA.

No Violence Foundation headed by Yoko Ono announced that come September and October the English band to offer free concerts
Many rumors had about canceling Coldplay's tour in Latin America, but on Monday the Violence Foundation aunció not a strong activity for 2013 is to bring this British band to Mexico, it would be in September to Monterrey and October in Guadalajara.

"Coldplay were surprised by the ease of committing to the cause, and especially because they know the importance of combating violence in Latin America, so we said yes, they were interested in what they can contribute.

For now we see who will be the group opener, on the issue of the seat, the issue is complicated because you must find a free space, we are subject to local governments, "said Mauricio Bermudez, director of Non Violence in Latin America.
During the opening of the exhibition Guns for peace at the Westin Guadalajara, actor Alfonso Herrera unveiled his sculpture titled Peace. Furthermore, on 30 April, Children's Day, the Chivas soccer team will be named Ambassador of Peace

I JUST READ THIS FEW MINUTES AGO AND I'M LIKE WTF!?, i don't want to be disappointed again, i'm tired of "rumors"... honestly, i think this is not true, they didn't schedule new dates for latinamerica and they said "we'll definitely have your corner of the world at the front of our minds when the time comes to do it all again." (which means "the new tour"), if they come to Mexico they have to do some concerts in other countries, it's a logical thing.

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
Where exactly was it announced? Because I can't find anything on their website, facebook or twitter.

edward_kingdom

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I also read the NEWSPAPER thing, actually after they announced this there have been other sites posting the same news, but I dont think is real, I think they just copied the new from this one newspaper....

¬¬ I'm from Monterey, Mexico one of the cities where this is suppossed to happen... I dont want to feel happy and then feel disappointed again, so.... I prefer to think it's not true, until it's totally CONFIRMED.

laga

♥♥ Feb26-2010♥♥ εїз
Coldplayer
Yeah, it's all very strange. If I were from Mexico, I wouldn't get my hopes up until it's published on their site (and sadly even after that) just in case.

Arantza

Live in living color
Coldplayer
Here's another article that has different quotes, that's why I don't think it is recycled from the one that was previously posted here.

Coldplay will give two free concerts in Mexico against violence

Mexico City.- After disappointing hundreds of fans when they announced that their Latin American tour was canceled because of logistic reasons, Coldplay will give concerts in Monterrey and Guadalajara, as part of the activities of the Non Violence foundation.

According to Mauricio Bermudez and Erick Sánchez representatives of the foundation headed by Yoko Ono, they confirm that the english band will give two free concerts. "It is a fact that Coldplay will give free concerts in Mexico, but the dates aren't confirmed yet, we only know that it is going to be between september and october because of the celebration of peace" said Sánchez.

The idea is that Coldplay does the presentations on an open space free of charge for the fans. "As the foundation celebrates 20 years of continuous work and 30 of existence, the idea is to make a festival in the month of peace, september, and with as many activities as possible", said Mauricio Bermúdez, director of Non Violence Latin America.

Arantza

Live in living color
Coldplayer
In my opinion it's all very weird, because they will probably still be in the middle of a hiatus and it was said a few days ago that they weren't coming here in 2013...
Let's see if we get some sort of official confirmation/denial of it.

I dont want to feel happy and then feel disappointed again, so.... I prefer to think it's not true, until it's totally CONFIRMED.
I'd prefer to think it's not true until it's actually happening :p

edward_kingdom

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
COLDPLAY to perform 2 Free Concerts in Mexico as part of Non Violence Campaign

Good day:

Sorry if this is duplicated or not the right forum, but I always come here... this is where all my news are confirmed... or denied...

Since yesterday afternoon there have been rumours and News in different Mexican websites saying that Representatives from "Non Violence" Yoko Ono's campaing in Mexico have confirmed that COLDPLAY will be performing two FREE Dates in the country as part of the mentioned campaign, in the cities MONTERREY (my city) and GUADALAJARA , on SEPTEMBER and OCTOBER as part of the celebration of the "Peace" Month, and supporting Non-Violence... First they were saying it was supposed to happen, now they're saying that the band already confirmed but that they will need to verify the dates...

I know this sounds crazy... I have just found Mexican sites talking about this, has anybody seen/read/heard about this in different, sites or languages? or How where can I see if Non-Violence posts any official thing regarding this? I love Coldplay so much since Parachutes era, I've seen them 8 times, last time in New York, but you know, we never get enough... also I felt very sad because my friends who are truly Coldplayers from heart couldnt make it to any MX concert outside Mexico and since they cancelled the tour that was their only chance, so this would meant the world to them... Paid or Free I know a Coldplay concert would be FULL of people since they have tons of fans here in the city and in the country... Anyways...

Any info I will appreciate it! Thanks so much again!!! :)

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
February 13, 2013 - submitted by Ana Karen, Mexico

Q. Is it true that Coldplay is going to give two free concerts here in Mexico due to the Non Violence Foundation? I really want this to be real but I have my doubts, so... I wanted to ask you, dear Oracle.

The Oracle replies:

No. There is absolutely no truth to the "news" that Coldplay are performing at La Fundacion No Violence.
I'm not sure how the rumours started but since a lot of you are asking, I wanted to clear it up.

laga

♥♥ Feb26-2010♥♥ εїз
Coldplayer
I'm really grateful for the quickness in which this rumor was officially denied. It would have been really sad for the fellow Mexican fans to get their hopes up again, only to be disappointed once more. Unfortunately, they won't have two concerts in 2013, but thanks to the Oracle, they now know it was just a stupid rumor.

Gastypm

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hello, I come here after a long time since the laste reply. I was just thinking about that interview where Will said that they would probably go to Paraguay. Even the Latin American Tour is cancelled they didn't announced Paraguay in the list of countries. Does anyone (probably a Paraguayo) knows what happened with that?

Thanks...

JM-42

Life is for Living
Coldplayer
The MX Tour is oficially over. We have to wait until the LP6 Tour (2015 maybe?) to have them around here.

matsimon

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Rumors here in South américa... Argentine journalist:

"Christian Acosta@AcostaMzk 5 Aug
COLDPLAY anunciaría la semana que viene "algo" de las fechas suspendidas de sudamerica."
"Coldplay announce next week "some" of the blackout dates of South America. ""

I asked about this to a famous journalist here in Brazil about it! and he confirmed that "an artist is rescheduling dates"

waiting for more News...

TraceOddity

My 'MY HILL' thread.;p
Coldplayer
Well Coldplay, it gets really damp and chilly in the UK in winter. Might be a good time to head for warmer pastures...and maybe try out some of those new songs we hear you're working on...?;)