Life In Technicolor ii - Video Premiere UK 4Music 20th Jan (##Video, Making Of & Interview: in first

notlost92

come along Pond
Coldplayer
I gave it a 7 although I was tempted to go lower, I'm really not wild about it :sick:

I feel like the video was more about the special effects than the song, which disappointed me since it's one of my favorite Coldplay songs. Having the special effects audio over the song (e.g. with the motorcycles) is what really did it for me. The Scientist video, in my opinion, balances the video and song much better because the plot of the video connected with the lyrics. This was just... too busy.

I don't know. Maybe I'll get used to it and learn to love it!

yes!

Londonizer
Coldplayer
well i gave it a 0 because i thought it was more a children's clip than a coldplay thing. they don't need to wonder why so many people think coldplay is for gay, or for girls.... (as if those people were natural born with a bad taste :dozey: )

somehow i had the feeling that the whole clip was chris' idea when he was at a puppet show with his kids....:thinking:

Sirhc

Martinized...
Coldplayer
I gave it a 9: it's original, funny and there are some 'hidden messages' in (like Phil, who only real fans recognise). And the details are great, like the Fair Trade mark on Chris's hand.
I like it a lot, I think it's one of their best clips ever!

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
COLDPLAY’S PUPPET SHOW - Life in Technicolor ii’s innovative video

For years now, the music industry has been talking about a crisis in music sales, as online music sharing platforms have grown in fame and number. This change took the music industry by surprise and the industry has responded by being more creative, creating innovative initiatives, and offering more added value to its consumers.

It’s interesting to see the development in the music industry over the last few years. One group that has become famous for its enormous innovation is Radiohead. Last summer we talked about Radiohead’s headline-making 3D music video for House of Cards (read article here). Also, it’s no secret that in the fall of 2007, Radiohead opted against using a label for its new “In Rainbows” album and instead sold it online through a system in which fans could buy the album online, deciding for themselves how much they were willing to pay. This initiative proved to create quite a stir in the industry.

Coldplay shows us it can reel audiences in with its innovation, too. Coldplay, along with Dougal Wilson, have created a wonderful video for the group’s Life in Technicolor ii. Rather than use the group members, the video is made up of group member puppets performing a puppet show concert to a group of children. Not only are the group members converted into puppets, but so are the stage and sound crews. The entire concept for a touching song is so well-done that it can’t help but keep us hooked. I especially liked seeing the faces of the children light up as things began exploding on stage. Additionally, I absolutely love the ending, when a helicopter takes the stars away. Seeing the amazing production with puppets has only made me want to see the show live even more! Coldplay, when are you coming here?

http://www.culture-buzz.com/blog/Coldplay-s-Puppet-Show-2022.html

Pris

Oh, to be that bass.....
Coldplayer
^^^
I think we all did at first!!! :lol:

gab

Stanzi
Coldplayer
Really funny video....I loved the guys in the motorcycles and the helicopter part :cool:

miss_g

Coldplayer...OHH YEAHH!
Coldplayer
1:03-1:06: priceless. I know it's 3 seconds but that girl's face says what we're all thinking...

"Who the hell is that puppet?!....what have they done with Guy?!"

ApproximatelyInfinite

a thousand houses long
Coldplayer
forgive me if i'm being a noob, but i haven't read all the pages since i last posted. it's not available for download on itunes yet, is it?

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
you my dear are not a noob!! and that's a good question!! so a little Coldplay info i heard today. So i get BBC Radio 1 on satlellite and they played LIT II at like 3 ish NY time today (8 ish England time) and then Sarah Cox i think was the DJ said make sure to tune in tomorrow am for some big Coldplay news. now this could be info that we all ready know cause we know stuff before they do or it could be boring info or something actually of substance . so tune in your Radio to BBC 1 tomorrow am. she did not say what time exactly

SqOne

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I love it! Love everything about it. They even included the arrival of the helicopter and throwing of the drumsticks!! WOoo Hoooo!! :)