Linkin Park

Spider-Man

Running In The Dark
Coldplayer
I found the album on Youtube. You can tell what the definite standout tracks are. To me this album does combine the old with the new. It's good despite what people think. That all I have to say about that.

Written In Graffiti

Missing The Mark
Coldplayer
Love this album. In fact, I love it as much as I love Hybrid Theory and A Thousand Suns. I love all of their material, but this ranks amongst their best stuff, for sure!

Spider-Man

Running In The Dark
Coldplayer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBBfZYrxACw"]LINKIN PARK - LIVING THINGS FULL ALBUM - YouTube[/ame]

nvdmm

Oldplayer
Coldplayer
absolutely brilliant stuff on Living Things. their music just has that rare edge missing in coldplay's music (and a lot of other bands actually). my absolute favourites are castle of glass and lies greed misery

Sparky

Turn Your Magic On
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The Hunting Party is available to stream on iTunes!

Not a big fan of it, nothing is really memorable apart from the odd track or two later on in the album. Much prefer Living Things and Recharged was great imo :D

shred

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Heard the new singles and am not feeling it.

Still feel A Thousand Suns is their best (alongside HT) imo.

Sparky

Turn Your Magic On
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Still think this is their weakest album so far, its still a good listen now, just nothing special. Final Masquerade is a tune, the best on the album for me.

I do like A Thousand Suns, Blackout is my favourite LP song :D

The Lonely Martian

Wait for your call, love
Coldplayer
The Hunting Party is such an interesting record. It's an awesome record, but the whole thing just sounds, well, different. I get fuzzy feelings listening to the record, but I'll probably get used to it's sound in a few months or so. :p

shred

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
4 songs into the new album and I had to turn it off. It was too noisy for me. Didn't like it at all.

cheeetaz

Owner of a Phil signed ID
Coldplayer
LP just announced a germany tour in November.

Here are the dates:

04.11.2014 Stuttgart, Schleyerhalle
06.11.2014 Köln, Lanxess Arena
09.11.2014 Oberhausen, König Pilsener-Arena
10.11.2014 Hamburg, o2 World
12.11.2014 Leipzig, Arena
13.11.2014 München, Olympiahalle
17.11.2014 Frankfurt, Festhalle
19.11.2014 Berlin, o2 World
20.11.2014 Bremen, ÖVB Arena

I'll probably go to the Köln (Cologne) and Oberhausen show.

nvdmm

Oldplayer
Coldplayer
I still need more time to deliver a final verdict on the album but the overall sound of it is superb. And the fact they decided to just say fuck it and go back to their roots and make a pure rock LP record really really pleased a lot of fans. This is what they should be making and its miles better than living things.

By the way could we please have a poll so people can vote which of their records they think is best?!

ARushOfDreamsToMyHead

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I wasn't much of a Linkin Park fan but I send my condolences to both their fanbase and Bennington's family.

Krizer

Come on all for Love
Coldplayer
I have been an LP fan for a long time. I couldn't believe the news when I heard this. Terrible. I just started crying. For years, their music has played such a big role in my life. I feel very grateful to have seen them play live and to have met the band. Condolences to the family, the band, and all the other fans. RIP Chester :sob::heart:

Last edited:

coldplaykb

The beat from my heart
Coldplayer
I'm not a huge fan like I am with Coldplay, but I sure as hell like them. This is truly sad and wish the best for his friends and family. In The End has been stuck in my head since I heard about this :(

jc90

Most Interesting Poster 2015
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'll paraphrase a comment I read about this tragedy: no doubt a lot of people listened to LP to deal with their own problems, so its ironic when the singer of that band had to leave this way.

Apparently, also, I read he and Chris Cornell were good friends, so when he passed earlier this year, this couldn't have helped....

RIP

Spider-Man

Running In The Dark
Coldplayer
RIP Chester, I was shocked when I found out. I can't imagine what his family, friends and band mates are feeling now. You won't be forgotten.

coldplayisawesome

Maybe I'm a ghost
Coldplayer
I'll paraphrase a comment I read about this tragedy: no doubt a lot of people listened to LP to deal with their own problems, so its ironic when the singer of that band had to leave this way.

Apparently, also, I read he and Chris Cornell were good friends, so when he passed earlier this year, this couldn't have helped....

RIP
today was also Chris Cornell's birthday, apparently. :(

this hit me much harder than i expected it to. i haven't followed Linkin Park much in the last decade, but spent a lot of my time as a kid listening to their first few albums. Chester was a really talented guy and it's so sad that he had to live with all of the issues he had in his life. RIP. :heart: