Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LP6 Excitement! (it's prediction time)

shred

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Oh why not...

1) How many tracks will LP6 have?

2) How long will LP6 be?
Around the 40min mark.

3) Assuming it will be released in 2014, which month will it be released?
Late. So Oct/Nov.

4) Guess the new look. What will LP6 era costumes look like?
Something tone down I hope. Back to X&Y era would be nice. Nothing too flashy or in your face.

5) Where do you think LP6 will land within the broad spectrum of music genres/styles? (Pop, acoustic, straightforward rock, strings, heavy synths, hard rock.... etc.)
Can't say. Have to listen to Atlas first (really think the next album will head in that direction). But I want a strip back, acoustic sound. Less production please.

aschall

Here Comes the Night Time
Coldplayer
So what does Atlas mean for LP6, if anything?

nvdmm

Oldplayer. Too Oldplay
Coldplayer
remember Christmas Lights?! we all thought how fantastic it was but at the end it wasn't similar to anything they did on MX. I really hope this doesn't happen with Atlas.

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
I don't think it means anything at all, but, if (big if) it meant something for LP6, i guess it would be that they're not experiencing new genres but actually going back to their roots, as expected.

The Philosopher

Science and progress
Coldplayer
One month since this thread had some movement and one month until my birthday. It looks that all the excitement about LP6 has gone at the moment, but I don't want to believe that at all, so let's make some more predictions!

I think that there's a point that Nikola suggested but it didn't generate much expectation, so I'm gonna ask it again: how do you think LP6 will be called? Let's imagine.

My prediction: I would go for a long name this time, I'd like something like "Can't See The Forest/Wood For The Trees".

dreamorlife

mister dramatic username
Coldplayer
If they want to avoid shitty moderator embarrassing themselves by not even looking up the proper spelling of the band you are supposed to announce, they shouldn't invent a new word this time :D

But it's either more literal, like really roots style or something out of their imagination which (at least for me, don't know if anyone here has more psychic powers than me) seems unpredictable.

filiprasmusson

Swedish Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I would love a song like Chinese Sleep Chant, with an epic solo. Love that song.

ColdplayBlop

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Length:
My guess is it will be 42- 47 minutes. Most likely not over 50 minutes.

Number of Tracks:

Time of Release:
April or May

Wardrobe:
Formal wear

Genre:
Classical rock / pop

ItzMarit

Secret alien.
Coldplayer
1) How many tracks will LP6 have?

2) How long will LP6 be?
Something like 45 minutes

3) Assuming it will be released in 2014, which month will it be released?
April

4) Guess the new look. What will LP6 era costumes look like?
Something like the Viva era costumes, but darker I think

5) Where do you think LP6 will land within the broad spectrum of music genres/styles? (Pop, acoustic, straightforward rock, strings, heavy synths, hard rock.... etc.)
Classic rock, alternative rock and some acoustic I hope..

HurtsLikeHeaven42

Leave A Light on
Coldplayer
so I'm gonna ask it again: how do you think LP6 will be called? Let's imagine.

My prediction: I would go for a long name this time, I'd like something like "Can't See The Forest/Wood For The Trees".
Well when talking in Australia they said they had a name and it was much easier to pronounce than Mylo Xyloto. And as always it has to be the title of a song.

KKOPPI

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Btw, the exciting fact that Chris has been in a studio with U2 popped in my head by case. Just imagine: 'Coldplay - <title> ft. U2' or 'U2 - <title> ft. Coldplay' epic as heck.

Nikola

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
I hope their album will drop when I forget about Reflektor because I'll probably be a bitch if it's not as good as it. :sad:

Also U2 should tread lightly, I really want their album to be great too but they can easily turn into douchebags and just put unnecessary pressure on Chrissy. :angry:

Either way, another exciting year ahead of us! :dance:

aschall

Coldplayer
I hope their album will drop when I forget about Reflektor because I'll probably be a bitch if it's not as good as it. :sad:

Also U2 should tread lightly, I really want their album to be great too but they can easily turn into douchebags and just put unnecessary pressure on Chrissy. :angry:
Chris needs some pressure, though. It makes him better. (see AROBTTH and VLVODAAHF)

KKOPPI

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
^must have been the good kind of pressure. I'm only praying it's not the destructive pressure again (see MX)

Mollyxyloto

Coldplay
Coldplayer
Jan/Feb 2014

14 tracks

40 mins?

Dark colours/ dark purples blues reds etc
Quite starry

aschall

Coldplayer
Here are the averages:

1) Tracks -- 12 (more exactly 11.837)

2) Run Time -- 47:35

3) Release Date -- June 2014

4) Clothes -- (stay tuned)

5) Musical Direction -- There seems to be a trend in favor of CP returning to their roots a little bit. (more in-depth analysis to come)

(more coming later)

Heavensbee

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer

Either way, another exciting year ahead of us! :dance:
Chris has been spotted in the studio with U2 in NYC so there is some form of collaboration going on between them. I wouldn't worry about it :)