LP6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
Today I happened to bump into Paul Epworth who was coming out of one of Coldplay's studios in North London (I work very close) I told him that I really liked his mix of Ordinary Love and asked if he was helping U2 on their new album right now? He said that he "had only been working on it with them for a short time" and before I could ask anything he said "I couldn't possibly give any insider information". He said that with a smile so I got the impression that perhaps, like we've been guessing about Dangermouse, he's sworn to secrecy at this stage. However, he did say that he was finishing up his work with Coldplay on their album which "would be released soon" but as for U2's, "No idea right now"

link

(Thanks oldmuckers)

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
Paul Epworth, that means HITS :wideeyed:

I am soooo excited for LP6! I think we might actually get it quite soon, like, in the Spring!

Kingzilla

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I agree. Everything is aligning perfectly for a May release. Magic tomorrow, iTunes festival, maybe another single. I'm excited about Paul's contribution. He was able to make Paul McCartney fresh, so I can only imagine he could do what Eno did for Coldplay with Viva which was a masterpiece. I really hope.

woohoo37

Strawberry Swing Forever
Coldplayer
Depending on how the next new song sounds we could well be getting an ambient type album for LP6. Then maybe later this year or much sooner than the usual 3 year gap LP7 - which could be more stripped back like the first two albums.

Yeh wishful thinking but it is rather exciting isn't it??!!!

IcingOnTheCake

Fancy seeing you here.
Coldplayer
I think we're much closer than we originally thought. I think that a May or June release is more likely that September as we thought before.

coldpatrix

I Ran Away rules
Coldplayer
I'm still sure LP6 will be released on September. Too much hints for that month.

PrincessofChina

In confusion, confidence
Coldplayer
I can't be objective anymore.. I find myself only wanting to believe the hints about spring release :lol:

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
A release in September is a bit too far away if Midnight or Magic is going to be the first LP6 single.

kalex1138

Climbing to the sun
Coldplayer
A release in September is a bit too far away if Midnight or Magic is going to be the first LP6 single.
I agree completely. Maybe if it was just Midnight, and it was a Christmas Lights of sorts, then we'd see a release in September. But if Magic is being released tomorrow, I highly doubt we'll have to wait until the fall for LP6's release.

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
First of all: IT'S GREAT TO BE BACK!!! I felt a part of my life was missing without this forum!

Are you ready for Magic?

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
I agree completely. Maybe if it was just Midnight, and it was a Christmas Lights of sorts, then we'd see a release in September. But if Magic is being released tomorrow, I highly doubt we'll have to wait until the fall for LP6's release.
Maybe all the August/September hints on Twitter are referring to the start of the tour.

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
It still could be September.

ETIAW was released on June and MX on October (almost November).

That's almost a 5 months difference. That would take us to August/possibly beginning of SEPTEMBER this time.

IcingOnTheCake

Fancy seeing you here.
Coldplayer
It still could be September.

ETIAW was released on June and MX on October (almost November).

That's almost a 5 months difference. That would take us to August/possibly beginning of SEPTEMBER this time.
I suppose, but they seem to be doing things differently this time.
I guess if Magic comes out tomorrow then it'll probably be sooner.
But if it doesn't then it may well be September like you said

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
Chris was seen outside The Magic Shop, they've used that place before for mixing. So it's possible that they are already mixing the album in NYC (why else would he be there?). If that's the case than we probably won't have to wait more than 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.