LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

coldplaykb

The beat from my heart
Coldplayer
Why do people hate Amazing Day so much???
No idea! I love it! I think the live intro was better. I don't care for the fade in on the studio version as much, but that's my only real complaint. Other than that I love the song. Good instrumentation, good lyrics, good build up. It's a great song to listen to when you want to feel positive about the universe/life. Especially after you've actually had an amazing day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Coldplaying mobile app

yoyo2000

Comme deux gouttes d’eau
Coldplayer
Why do people hate Amazing Day so much???
I love that song! The piano, the vocals, the lyrics and the strings are the highlights of it. Also, the slow tempo is very relaxing. One of the best in AHFOD. It always reminds me of the months prior to AHFOD release.

MosesTheMarshmallow

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
No idea! I love it! I think the live intro was better. I don't care for the fade in on the studio version as much, but that's my only real complaint. Other than that I love the song. Good instrumentation, good lyrics, good build up. It's a great song to listen to when you want to feel positive about the universe/life. Especially after you've actually had an amazing day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Coldplaying mobile app
I love that song! The piano, the vocals, the lyrics and the strings are the highlights of it. Also, the slow tempo is very relaxing. One of the best in AHFOD. It always reminds me of the months prior to AHFOD release.
Agreed on all points! It's just a song with piano, guitar, bass, and real drums and a bit of strings...the literal definition of Oldplay. I also totally nerd out at the one bit of the song's climax where the time signature goes from 6/8 to 3/4 on "I always want to feel this way" and it just makes my heart freaking soar. The music video always makes me tear up a little. :)

I actually like the album version intro...it feels very wet for lack of a better word. :lol:

My only complaint is that in the piano is on a backing track in the normal live version...but it's not even a particularly dancy song the way that HFTW is??? I feel like the performance would've been more heartfelt had Chris sat down to play the piano.

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnWCJnRMzr0

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I think Amazing Day is my second favourite song on AHFOD after Fun. I actually think the acoustic version is the best of them all.
Love the melody, I just wish it had a less poppy sound in the album version. I don't like the choice of percussion, these "clicks" take away from the song for me.

jc90

Most Interesting Poster 2015
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I recall when it came out during global citizen some users feeling kinda underwhelmed about it. I think now that the era is over, that still true for me. It's not a song on my day-to-day playlist, but if it comes up on shuffle, I can sit through it / tolerate it, lol.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I was one of those people who didn't like the Global Citizen live debut, and having relistened to that performance recently I still don't like that particular one. But over time the song itself has grown on me.

Harondor

Aiming my arrows
Coldplayer
For me, Amazing Day is one of the 3 best songs on AHFOD, along with Everglow and Up&Up.
It has a great melody. I love the waltz tempo on it.

antdrew

Never in a rush
Coldplayer
Yeah I like amazing day but idk it just doesn't feel like it goes anywhere. It is just super calm and there's no real punching coming from it. It is strange because I guess you could say that parachutes was a pretty calm album, but there was still a punch in each of those songs. Like in spies the guitar is just haunting. Still though sometimes I just feel like listening to amazing day but more often than not I'd listen to parachutes or something instead :p

iamsue

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Amazing Day is not just one of my favorites on AHFOD, it’s one of my all-time Coldplay favorites. I guess I’m just a sucker for feeling happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk