LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...

• 1st half of 2020

• 2nd half of 2020

• 1st half of 2021

• 2nd half of 2021

• Later...

Results are only viewable after voting.

merril

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Interesting things said by Guy!
Some shows confirmed
But NO Everyday Life tour.
Guy said: 'It's not going to be an album that we take on tour'.
So can we presume it is a sort of intimate album like 'Ghost Stories'? Or does it mean they just don't want to tour it because they have had their big stadium tours which can't be topped?
Both 'Orphans' and 'Arabesque' seem to have stadium tour qualities, though.
Btw, Coldplay will appear on NBC’s Saturday Night Live on November 2. I wonder whether they will play another new song besides Orphans and Arabesque.

Last edited:

IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8

Ink>Everglow(Live)
Coldplayer
Man, YouTube needs to update Coldplay’s most popular list. X_X the new songs aren’t even up yet! And it’s been 4 days! 3 days for Orphans music video.

shred

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
That's what I'm thinking too. If they are going with the same route as GS/AHFOD, there might be another album.

But I honestly hope that's not the case as I don't want another AHFOD type of album.

Last edited:

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
Well... looks like they're going with GS-style promotion. Nothing wrong with that, I can't imagine them wanting to go on another 2 year long tour for a while. We should just be grateful for whatever shows they do decide to play during this era. :)

Fingers crossed that I'll actually get to make it this time after the GS tour of small venues skipped over my part of the US in favor of cities like Los Angeles and New York. I have a bit more money now so maybe I'd be able to fly out with my girlfriend. It'd just have to be on a weekend so I don't miss university classes.

anacaren08

Up&Up
Coldplayer
This is the most excited and obsessed I've been with new Coldplay music since I don't know when honestly. It's so refreshingly different and I literally can't get enough. I think I heard Arabesque 5 times back to back on my commute home. lol. I also love Orphans and I keep loving it more each time as well. I was excited about AOAL and I heard it on repeat when it was released. But this just keeps feeling so epic. I think I wrote in this thread already but just keep thinking about these new songs.

Now I'm just a bit upset that Everyday Life seems like it won't get a full tour. I NEED Arabesque live!!

Square1.36

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Does anybody have any information about Chris Martin's appearance on Capital FM's Breakfast show w/ Roman Kemp? I've been tuned in since 8 AM UK time but there doesn't appear to be any sign of him making an appearance.

Also, I haven't been on the forums for a while (until recently with the new album hype) but if I remember correctly there used to be dedicated threads made for every interview appearance that the band members made -- any clue why that doesn't seem to be the case anymore?

merril

Up&Up
Coldplayer
...there used to be dedicated threads made for every interview appearance that the band members made -- any clue why that doesn't seem to be the case anymore?
It's such an interesting time for interviews right now. But there are many false rumours about interviews but I am sure we are missing some of the real ones.
I came across Guy's interview by chance. If we hadn't seen it, we would still hope they would tour the new album. Now we know for sure they won't and we won't be waiting for a tour in vain. There was an interview/a chat with Will which I missed, but I watched Chris's interview with Annie Mac. It would be cool if anyone who discovered a new interview would post it here, whether in this thread or an extra one doesn't matter too much.

oliviyya

Princess of China
Coldplayer