LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...

• 1st half of 2020

• 2nd half of 2020

• 1st half of 2021

• 2nd half of 2021

• Later...

Results are only viewable after voting.

dxm3557

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Chris said this on an interview to iHeart Radio today: “The album is very sexy, it’s all about partying. It’s just like Vegas on a Thursday night, put on some Coldplay, put on your bikini, even if you’re a guy... You go out and get laddered up! - That’s what it’s about."

I confess I'm a little bit concerned now

prco1994

Always in My Head
Coldplayer
Chris said this on an interview to iHeart Radio today: “The album is very sexy, it’s all about partying. It’s just like Vegas on a Thursday night, put on some Coldplay, put on your bikini, even if you’re a guy... You go out and get laddered up! - That’s what it’s about."

I confess I'm a little bit concerned now
Hey so he was joking haha classic Chris joke! He followed up by saying: "the music we're making right now is very earthy, there's not really much glamour to it, it's very raw".

He was joking haha I saw the interview and he was most definitely fooling around with the Vegas stuff lol!

ToniMoreno

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Well, for me the short duration of the album is something quite disappointing.
We had been promised a double album, and it really is a single CD with 16 tracks in just 53 minutes. Basically an XY 2.
Apart from the fact that the songs could be better or worse (I don't know what to think because Orphans seems to me that it is to continue with the worst of AHFOD and MX) I think it is very short-lived and that certainly does not resemble what they themselves they had told.

This adds to the news that there will be no tour for this album, which means that even if the rest of the songs are in the Arabesque style, they will be stuck in a drawer, like much of their previous discography. Next year we will presumably have another album with commercial music that will continue with the AHFOD ... anyway.

Eskapist

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Well guys... We'll have our answer very soon, i think it's useless to overthink.
X&Y is way too long IMO and my least favourite album from them so that's not a bad thing ... On the other side, Viva la Vida lasts 45 min with 10 songs but with 3 hidden tracks so we could say 13 songs for 45 min ... Anyway we'll see.

danirl87

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Well guys... We'll have our answer very soon, i think it's useless to overthink.
X&Y is way too long IMO and my least favourite album from them so that's not a bad thing ... On the other side, Viva la Vida lasts 45 min with 10 songs but with 3 hidden tracks so we could say 13 songs for 45 min ... Anyway we'll see.
I loved x&y. Always got that spacey vibe from it.

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
^well maybe its like a mix of choral effects and jazz instrumentation?

On Chris' "raw" and "earthy" comments --

Where do we see the Everyday Life Era fitting in sonically? Coldplay albums have never really fit one genre, especially the last few, but these comments make me wonder if a lot of the record is acoustic?

Will they draw inspiration from early U2? Jazz obviously will play a role, but what does earthy mean? That makes me think of granola jam bands haha

onlylove

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Hey so he was joking haha classic Chris joke! He followed up by saying: "the music we're making right now is very earthy, there's not really much glamour to it, it's very raw".

He was joking haha I saw the interview and he was most definitely fooling around with the Vegas stuff lol!
Chris is completely classic dad/uncle jokester. You cannot take him seriously about 80% of the time in interviews. It is his brand of humor. To say the exact opposite of whatever it is (see: this might be our last album every album).

MosesTheMarshmallow

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
^Whelp, would've loved to have a double album^ Red Hot Chili Peppers' Stadium Aracdium, Pink Floyd's The Wall are a couple excellent ones. I agree that 45 min albums are the most concise and tightly done, but it would've been nice to get a gratuitous 90-120 minutes of Coldplay content all at once. Not to mention you can listen to VLV+PM, GS+AHFOD+Kaleidoscope and get really nice 1-hour-plus experiences.

The vibe I get from Orphans and a little bit from Arabesque is early Arcade Fire - groovy and dancy (in the way that Birds is) but with a relatively acoustic drive, some jazz and world music / non-English-language influences and some political commentary. This is immediately what I thought of:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGvpUgo7ayY

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Indeed, it doesn't make any sense at all. I guess they're just playing with us, that's why they haven't released each track lenght yet. If it really has 53 minutes lenght then why not reveal it when they officialy opened the pre-order?
They did. It said so on the official Coldplay.com website.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
^Whelp, would've loved to have a double album^ Red Hot Chili Peppers' Stadium Aracdium, Pink Floyd's The Wall are a couple excellent ones. I agree that 45 min albums are the most concise and tightly done, but it would've been nice to get a gratuitous 90-120 minutes of Coldplay content all at once. Not to mention you can listen to VLV+PM, GS+AHFOD+Kaleidoscope and get really nice 1-hour-plus experiences.

The vibe I get from Orphans and a little bit from Arabesque is early Arcade Fire - groovy and dancy (in the way that Birds is) but with a relatively acoustic drive, some jazz and world music / non-English-language influences and some political commentary. This is immediately what I thought of:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGvpUgo7ayY
That's interesting that you say that cause Arabesque reminded me immediately of Arcade Fire's Reflektor (but is imho better than Reflektor).
I'm still waiting for Coldplay to release something like Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)...such a great song.