LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...

• 1st half of 2020

• 2nd half of 2020

• 1st half of 2021

• 2nd half of 2021

• Later...

Results are only viewable after voting.

EasySuperstition99

And I saw sparks...
Coldplayer
Haven't listened to the studio version of Everyday Life yet, but it sounded great live. It ended so abruptly though... I was expecting something more like the ending of What If after that last chorus.

It's a sweet song, and it does sound very Oldplay if you ask me.
live version is much much better. it feels more alive and dynamic.

onlylove

Up&Up
Coldplayer
It feels on the nose at first, but I didn't get until a couple listens that I think this is about when things are so terrible, when you are suffering, to be able to return to normal, everyday life would be so beautiful.

gai

I don't understand why they would release everyday life as a single either. Feel like even Arabesque would fair better. And usually the second single is the big single from every album. If this is the big defining single for this era, maybe the rest of the songs are not that radio friendly.

IneedYou23

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
Who cares about how it performs as single? Cause you know who doesn't? Coldplay. They chose to release this song now because it obviously is special to them. Think people are missing the essence of the song for what it is. As for the song not having a big ending, they have done that plenty of times. Have you forgotten that they don't like repeating themselves? Sticking to the same formula with song structures gets boring after a while.

Everyday Life is beautiful. I love it!

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
It is indeed a beautiful song. But after listening to it - at least as a single - it does feel something else comes after or something is missing.

Moreover, from its beginning, one can assume that Champion of the World will be a banger.

Hedwig

A Head Full of Dreams
Coldplayer
Not my favourite song on the album but I think it's beautiful! I was feeling sad and I had fallen asleep and suddenly woke up 10 minutes after it was uploaded on youtube. The first thing I did when I woke up was to listen to Everyday Life and let me tell you listening to it was a sweet and exciting way to wake up :blush: I just love that they made songs that they really like and I appreciate their work in this album :heart:

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
I am really looking forward to hearing When I Need A Friend.
That one is going to be one to remember.

iamsue

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Thanks but it seems to just be a lust of Chris’s songs if the moment. No link.