LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...

• 1st half of 2020

• 2nd half of 2020

• 1st half of 2021

• 2nd half of 2021

• Later...

Results are only viewable after voting.

onlylove

Up&Up
Coldplayer
People saying Chris looks old, haggard, couldn't manage a tour...

Bob Dylan has looked like an extra from Nightmare on Elm Street for over a decade now, hasn't stopped him bringing his genius to all four corners of the globe. And Chris looks fine for a guy in his 40s. He looks like...a guy in his 40s. He's not Mr Burns just because he doesn't look like he did in The Scientist video anymore.
As someone about to be 40, this whole conversation is quite amusing (and at the same time disturbing).

During AHFOD Chris was doing more weight training and was bulkier which did make him look healthier. He seems to have stopped that and is back to skinny Chris again. Unfortunately as we age, the plumpness in our skin gies away and getting skinnier can make the face look older.

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I too understand the apprehension and concern regarding LP9.

AHFOD reminds me of a re-hashed (and very poor) reimagining of MX. For a band that claims to change on every album, the last 3 Coldplay albums strike me as very derivative and uninspired and they all strike the same chord musically, pop megahits designed sit cutely at the top of the charts (with a few sprinklings of what made them great before)

For me I’m still just focused on this release. Coldplay have a very similar trajectory to U2 and I hope that this album will be Coldplay’s “How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb” ie they will revisit their older styles. For what comes next, we’ll just have to wait and see.

andrewsky

The Scientist
Coldplayer
I agree about Ghost Stories. It comes off as if they had no time to make the songs better and they just threw together something hurriedly. I like the lyrics of Everyday Life. It's not going to floor you but it's pretty emotional, to say the least. Yes, the music is better than the lyrics on this track but hey, there are definitely Coldplay songs like that. It's probably the weakest lyrically of the three and a piece of songs we've heard. I think the violins add weight to it, though.
I still wonder how (and why) many people are more focusing on lyrics of songs.
If the music in general sounds great I don't care much if the lyrics are good or bad. But hey that's just me.

andrewsky

The Scientist
Coldplayer
I guess it's tour dates or something like that. Because even they won't do a big tour they will make some concerts like GS era.
Matt Miller posted something on his Instastory the other day about backing up some live keyboard samples, so fingers crossed they are finalising preparations for some sort of mini tour!
That would be great!
If they gonna do this maybe a concert film on Blu-ray coming up later, similar to Ghost Stories Live.

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Timbaland producing a Coldplay song just seems weird to me. Weirder still, apart from the guitar it actually sounds ok. But this is what we’ve come to expect from Coldplay generation 2.

I think Coldplay’s biggest self sabotage is their choice of producers. The only well produced Coldplay albums are 1 and 2, even VLV and X&Y are dodgy in places, and don’t even get me started on MX/AHFOD.

I’d love to see Ken Nelson back or even someone like Steve Lilywhite to produce a Coldplay LP but I don’t think it will ever happen now.

jc90

Most Interesting Poster 2015
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Finally the interview I was looking for is on Youtube :D

View: https://youtu.be/57bdFposPrk
Lots of juicy little bits here and there in that interview.

Chris referring to 'the next thing' they're doing has me excited in particular. I took a little break from the band since we got those 3 songs, so I dont know where we stand on the potential 2020 album; forgive me.

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
Mrs. Miller on Instagram
Anyone know what she’s talking about ??
I saw a post about this on Facebook yesterday. Hopefully it's a sign of more news in the near future, hopefully a few shows...

That would be great!
If they gonna do this maybe a concert film on Blu-ray coming up later, similar to Ghost Stories Live.
Gosh I've been hoping for this ever since they announced the Jordan show(s). After all it has a similar premise; they're playing the full album. Maybe it'll include the exclusive "premium" YouTube content.

M Marks The Spot

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Hello folks! Long time no talk. I'll just drop few thoughts here.

Firstly I'm so delighted to experience a completely new Coldplay era from its very beginning. The fact that I'm a part of this lovely community makes this whole journey much more pleasant and marvellous! It's amazing to see and learn about various reactions and opinions or new discoveries and observations. I'm very pleased to go through all the discussions even though it's fairly time-consuming. However it's definitely worthwhile. Keep on updating!

Secondly... WOW! I've been literally blown away by the songs that were released in their entirety! I'm keen on the fact that all of them are distinctly diverse. Surely it's a welcome change which I greatly appreciate! Even the snippets of Cry Cry Cry BrokEn and Guns sound very promising to me. That's something completely worth looking forward to! Anyway if someone is interesting in my ranking of the tracks that have come out so far (excluding the excerpts) here it is. Everyday Life > Orphans = Arabesque

Thirdly I'm totally over the moon that I've managed to tune in and watch some of the Coldplay's promo appearances for Everyday Life or see and read their announcements and posts! What a splendid supply of news and information that is! I'm not new to checking social medias every single day but Coldplay has given it a new meaning recently haha! Moreover I wouldn't have imagined myself getting up early in the morning just to stream a SNL episode in order to see my beloved band performing! Who could have thought? (Un)surprisingly I'm planning to watch both upcoming concerts in Jordan as well as I have a day off luckily on 22 November. Apart from that I think the biggest highlight for me was hearing both Orphans and Arabesque premiere on BBC Radio 1. Not to mention the press conference! That was so witty and hilarious! I was completely astonished and dazzled by Coldplay's humour.

Lastly I'd like to express that I'm (im)patiently waiting for the 22nd of November to arrive! I guess I won't be only lurking here but posting often again from now on...

AnaMarie

Still, I always look up to the sky...
Coldplayer
has someone called? We must share all the info!!!! I don’t live in USA or Canada!!!!!