LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...

• 1st half of 2020

• 2nd half of 2020

• 1st half of 2021

• 2nd half of 2021

• Later...

Results are only viewable after voting.

MosesTheMarshmallow

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
I will listen to the leak this weekend because my birthday is on Monday and my partner is visiting me, so we'll listen together. :) But then I will promptly buy the CD from my local record store! :D

Was this posted here already?

I came here to post this...cool video! Did anyone notice that, and I hope this isn't too much of a spoiler, that on Arabesque Will is playing one of the main melodic guitar riffs while playing the kick drum. SO COOL. (I'm assuming Jonny will play all the atmospheric electric guitar parts)

Last edited:

Carolina*

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I want to wait until the 22nd but I feel like I have to listen to it since I write for an online college magazine and I want to write a review of the album but the only free week I have to publish it is that it'd be due on the 24th which doesn't give me much time to understand the songs well. Maybe I'll try to hold out a little longer...

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
I listened to the leak... now I just need to wait for Flags! I have no idea if that bonus track will leak on its own before release day.... here's to hoping it's as good as All Your Friends and Ghost Story.

M Marks The Spot

M stands for Michael
Coldplayer
I'm doing my best to persist in waiting till 22 November even though I've already heard snippets of few songs from the leaked album that my friends sent me and read countless reviews because I'm keen on the idea of hyping myself up for next week haha.
For better or worse I've eventually given in and did what I did...

shred

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
I noticed they posted a few posts on FB directly addressing some Asian countries (telling about the new album). I wonder why.

Just found it strange as it wasn’t done before for previous albums I don’t think.

tom043

tom
Coldplayer
I noticed they posted a few posts on FB directly addressing some Asian countries (telling about the new album). I wonder why.

Just found it strange as it wasn’t done before for previous albums I don’t think.
Likely to be a small mess-up because normally those promotions are targeted only on specific countries. That's why you didn't see them last time around.

ToniMoreno

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Well, its friday, the should release another single, shouldnt they?
Although this album would have a smaller number of singles than previous albums. Wat do you think?

I supose they would release as single Champion of the world and daddy. They are the most "powerful" songs I think. Maybe also Everyday life and trouble in town? But 6 singles I think are a lot for this intimate and simple album.

MarckozZ

Planeta Coldplay
Coldplayer
Do you think we will get the live performances on a CD/DVD release? I mean, they could just leave it as a YT Premium thing, but remember how AHFOD Film is on Amazon Prime and we also have it on DVD. A proper CD/DVD release of Live In Jordan would be just awesome!

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
Do you think we will get the live performances on a CD/DVD release? I mean, they could just leave it as a YT Premium thing, but remember how AHFOD Film is on Amazon Prime and we also have it on DVD. A proper CD/DVD release of Live In Jordan would be just awesome!
I really hope so... after all, GS Live 2014 (the DVD) came from a TV special. And here in the US, stupid NBC decided to cut songs out of the broadcast for time so we had to rely on the internet for those performances until the DVD came out. : unamused:

MarckozZ

Planeta Coldplay
Coldplayer
I really hope so... after all, GS Live 2014 (the DVD) came from a TV special. And here in the US, stupid NBC decided to cut songs out of the broadcast for time so we had to rely on the internet for those performances until the DVD came out. : unamused:
I forgot Ghost Stories Live being a TV special on a french channel as well... So, we hopefully get it as a DVD or even Blu-Ray! Fingers crossed!!!

andrewsky

The Scientist
Coldplayer
Well, its friday, the should release another single, shouldnt they?
Although this album would have a smaller number of singles than previous albums. Wat do you think?

I supose they would release as single Champion of the world and daddy. They are the most "powerful" songs I think. Maybe also Everyday life and trouble in town? But 6 singles I think are a lot for this intimate and simple album.
There already came out three(!) songs before the official album release.
I think it's too much for teasing the album with yet another track for now.
It's possible another 'single' would come out in December. People speculate 'Daddy' is next.