LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...

• 1st half of 2020

• 2nd half of 2020

• 1st half of 2021

• 2nd half of 2021

• Later...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Suhit

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Has anyone managed to watch the Road to Jordan video on Youtube Premium?

EDIT
nvm, found it!

Last edited:

Xyloband_99

Graphic Designer
Coldplayer
BTW @Xyloband_99 can you PM me where you heard the original version? Preferably in high quality if you can find it?)

A few other songs I'd consider for the tracklisting would be Life is Beautiful and Amor Argentina, but I don't have strong enough of an opinion on either of those yet to insert those right now.
I just used Japan VPN and get access to listen Coldplay's Official version that they shared on Youtube.

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Just wanted to say how much I love this era. The outfits, the overall looks, the international inspiration, the languages, the voice memos, the anger, the love, the rawness, the honesty, the inclusion, the instrumentation. It feels like threads from EVERY Coldplay album and era were tied together. I hear bits of my favorite Coldplay feels on every song. They showed so much tact the songwriting, which gives me hope for even more Coldplay in the future.

I get why some people are criticizing the album for being all over the place and maybe having too many genres. But for me the the themes pull it all together. Though this won't be everyone's favorite album, it certainly is going to be a contender and yes, a return to form after a few eras where they lost some of the production that made them great in the first place.

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
I get why some people are criticizing the album for being all over the place and maybe having too many genres. But for me the the themes pull it all together.
I agree! The theme of empathy is so, so, so strong, you can feel it everywhere on the album, and it genuinely ties the album together pretty well imo.

Also just wanted to butt in quickly to add that the lyrics are Chris' best work in a very long time, probably since VLV (as a collection of songs i mean. MX, GS and AHFOD do have some songs with really great lyrics ofc).

ISawSparks06

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
My friend Ryan introduced me to Coldplay back in 2002 -- I've been obsessed and in love ever since. Seen them 3 times Live, am a frequent observer on this forum, and generally listen to Coldplay, old and new, weekly. Ever since Viva La Vida Ryan and I have gotten together in a dim lit room and listened to every album upon its release. On Friday, we did carried out the tradition. After the last track, we both just looked at each other in disbelief and disappointment. Flat out: It's just not a good album. The replay-ability of 90% of the tracks, for me, is zero. The one track that I do LOVE is "CHURCH", and that is because it sounds most like the Coldplay that I know and love. Where is Will on this album? Where are the stadium bangers? Where are the iconic sounds and chill-inducing riffs? I am genuinely at a loss for words over this album. It's easily my least favorite of theirs of all-time, and it's not even close. I can't understand how anyone could feel much different. Ryan and I found ourselves just going back and playing old Coldplay tunes from the last 2 decades for a couple of hours, reminiscing and basking in the Coldplay we know and love.

I will always get excited and look forward to new Coldplay music. But perhaps they have just run out of ideas, which is ok. I think we'll get another album in 2020 with a tour to follow it. I can only hope they find their sound again.

Sorry for the negativity. Just disappointed and needed to vent. If you're enjoying the album, I'm happy for you.

gai

My friend Ryan introduced me to Coldplay back in 2002 -- I've been obsessed and in love ever since. Seen them 3 times Live, am a frequent observer on this forum, and generally listen to Coldplay, old and new, weekly. Ever since Viva La Vida Ryan and I have gotten together in a dim lit room and listened to every album upon its release. On Friday, we did carried out the tradition. After the last track, we both just looked at each other in disbelief and disappointment. Flat out: It's just not a good album. The replay-ability of 90% of the tracks, for me, is zero. The one track that I do LOVE is "CHURCH", and that is because it sounds most like the Coldplay that I know and love. Where is Will on this album? Where are the stadium bangers? Where are the iconic sounds and chill-inducing riffs? I am genuinely at a loss for words over this album. It's easily my least favorite of theirs of all-time, and it's not even close. I can't understand how anyone could feel much different. Ryan and I found ourselves just going back and playing old Coldplay tunes from the last 2 decades for a couple of hours, reminiscing and basking in the Coldplay we know and love.

I will always get excited and look forward to new Coldplay music. But perhaps they have just run out of ideas, which is ok. I think we'll get another album in 2020 with a tour to follow it. I can only hope they find their sound again.

Sorry for the negativity. Just disappointed and needed to vent. If you're enjoying the album, I'm happy for you.
I think this album has a lot of growth potential. You might feel differently after a few listens or sitting with it for longer. Then again, you might not. Either way, the good news is, we all for sure know we have new Coldplay music to look forward to pretty soon.

aaronm360

Up&Up
Coldplayer

I was initially skeptical about the album too, and kept thinking ‘oh my God what have they done’ until I listened to it many times over in the car on the way to work.

Sunrise/Church make for an outstanding opener.

Orphans is super catchy with a great chorus and guitar line.

Èkó is musically beautiful, even though I’m not a huge fan of the lyrics/religions undertone.

Daddy is a classic Coldplay ballad, relatable and emotional if that’s something you’ve been through.

Arabesque is the most interesting song they’ve ever written and something it will take me months to fully get my head around and appreciate each element, it’s beautiful and makes up for everything that was wrong with AHFOD.

When I Need A Friend is the perfect closer to Sunrise, with perfect emotional restraint and relatable lyrics.

Guns is super catchy, I was hesitant about the lyrics at first but it’s really grown on me and I love the guitar and Chris’ lower range on the song.

Cry Cry Cry has a great piano riff and the autotuned vocals in the intro are really interesting.

Old Friends is super emotional with great guitar (read The Sunday Times interview for the back story about Chris’ friend Tony).

Bani Adam is up there with PFFA as one of the most beautiful piano pieces Chris has written, and the crescendo ending when the band comes in is great.

Champion of the World is so uplifting and emotional, really strong lyrically.

Everyday Life is a much better closer than Up&Up, I can see why it’s Will’s favourite song. It really makes you think about the state of the world right now.

And the rest of the songs will grow on me in time I’m sure! I like the intro and ending of Trouble in Town but the sample in the middle kinda ruins the flow of the song for me, even though it’s obviously important to understand the song’s message.

Church, Daddy, Guns and Old Friends are my favorites so far for sure.

Give the album time like I did and you’ll love it, it’s only been out for a weekend so far!

beastwars

Light reflection to fade
Coldplayer
The more I listen to it, the more it grows on me. It's the perfect photography of the actual world, it's like they've been on "sugar planet" for 10 years and then came back to Earth.
It's not only a proper return to form, it's not only artistically relevant and inspired, it's a development and nearly a miracle. It came out of nowhere, in the worst part of their career, when all the faith in them and hope were completely lost.
It's cohesive, mature, self-conscious, mystical, open-minded, and (most of all) universal.
They are the band who made pop music universal again. You can relate to this album in every part of the planet, whatever is your language and your culture. It makes you feel like we have all something to share together and to be part of, in times when we are all scared and separated individuals, like a fish who is swimming upstream when everyone else is letting himself go with the current.
Welcome back guys.

Last edited:

iamsue

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
So ... what can i say about this album that hasn't been already said ?
I don't want to think about ranking it or comparing it with other records because the identity of Everyday Life tells you not to do it. Watching Sunrise this morning, alone in my student bedroom, reminded me why i love this band.

This band came to me 8 years ago with the joy of Mylo Xyloto which helped me and still help me to keep smiling in the darkest moments.
The same year, i bought a keyboard to play their songs and from that moment, i began to compose my own songs. Everyday Life reminded me WHY i should thank them : they demystified an art which seemed to complex and inaccessible to me. They allowed me to think that one day, i could compose to. That everybody can. Not because their music is easy ... but because it is beautifully simple. Everything is in chords progression, everything is in how you want to express something and how sincere you are with your art. Coldplay made me understand that and even if their music can be complex too ( Arabesque, Trouble in Town ), it is just an evolution of a simple and pure form of art, the one from The Blue Room EP and from Parachutes. Man, they're so great ...
You could not have said this better!

nowayme

Up&Up
Coldplayer
OK I don't know if it has already been mentioned but now I know why the interlude is cut into pieces. Propably they bet that people would play it while driving on a car and most cars display CD-Text data and if you play it back track by track the screen will flash one by one letter the phrase G O D = L O V E kinda simulating a projection or a video effect.
YOU, yeah you, the person that mastered that disc, you are a f*cking genious, you really outsmarted me! Except the fact that as I said you abused the redbook audio standard, ONCE AGAIN!