Welcome to Coldplaying!

The sun and the moon...Solar eclipse...1919...Coldplay? Discuss Coldplay's upcoming album and all the theories on Coldplaying! سلام و حب

SignUp Now!

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...

• 1st half of 2020

• 2nd half of 2020

• 1st half of 2021

• 2nd half of 2021

• Later...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gideon_Mx

Life Is Beautiful
Coldplayer
See I both love and hate this because the live versions always end up sounding better than the studio versions. Maybe not even sounding better, but they just warp the perspective of the song If that makes any sense lol. For example, when the studio version for HLH came out I remember being a bit disappointed with the guitar solo because it didn't have the same tone it had in the live version. That's just probably me being weird though lol.

But at the same time I agree with you. There is something about hearing that xylophone in the Rock AM Ring version that takes me back to the summer of 2011. I actually sometimes prefer listening to that version versus something like live 2012. Even though it's lower-quality, it just has that nostalgic factor going for it.
Yes! I share your thoughts too. I find it such a shame that (some of) Jonny's guitar solos and/or riffs sound so gentle that you can barely hear it on the studio version. For example, Jonny's guitar riffs and solo (near the end) on Paradise live is 100 times better than just that one string 'solo' in the studio version. Don't Let It Break Your Heart is also one of those songs where you can barely hear J's riffs. Only the people that know what Jonny is playing on the track know that the guitar is constantly there. DLIBYH Live 2012 made it sound more 'alternative'.
And there are many more of course. Cemeteries Of London as well....

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
what a wild day.

super specific leaks? A music video for another band covering Coldplay? but then a tweet about coldplaly recording a music video in LA at an elementary school?

WHAT IS GOING ON AHHH HYPE AND CONFUSION

EDIT: Fool's Gold sounds plausible, but probably b.s. with no source... Oldplayers help me out, wasn't there a rumor a long time ago about them releasing something called Fools Gold? Like maybe pre-MX? I'm having deja vu right now.

Last edited:

Gideon_Mx

Life Is Beautiful
Coldplayer

coldplaykb

The beat from my heart
Coldplayer
Yes! I share your thoughts too. I find it such a shame that (some of) Jonny's guitar solos and/or riffs sound so gentle that you can barely hear it on the studio version. For example, Jonny's guitar riffs and solo (near the end) on Paradise live is 100 times better than just that one string 'solo' in the studio version. Don't Let It Break Your Heart is also one of those songs where you can barely hear J's riffs. Only the people that know what Jonny is playing on the track know that the guitar is constantly there. DLIBYH Live 2012 made it sound more 'alternative'.
And there are many more of course. Cemeteries Of London as well....
Yup these are some other great examples. It's a shame but I guess it makes the live versions all that much better.

vinny9

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Also feeling hype.

But.

It could take a while for stuff to get finalized / perfected. Remember when everyone kept hoping AHFOD movie would come out and it took a year? Trying to balance my expectations here. :joy:
FYI GREG JAMES would not be posting this if he didn't know about new music coming soon. Tomorrow or next friday likely. Harry Styles also returns tomorrow.

Greg James is the man Coldplay wrote a song for, for his breakfast show.

a2iel

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
What discoed group is this?

Someone on the discord channel was saying the album is called Fool’s Gold and a bunch of stuff about the album.
Said their source is connected to the label etc. Gave loads of details but idk probably a load of bs.

Daffy

The deeper that the knife goes in the more you win
Coldplayer
This may be a bit off topic, but what kind of music do you think will be on here? If it's there most experimental, could we expect something kind of like Dream Theater (obviously not that complex, almost nobody can play, or even more write like them) in terms of having solos or guitar riffs that are a bit more complex? Or maybe a Guy/Will solo?
I'm just wondering, because one of my friends hates Coldplay, they're more into the electronic and Rock fusion/Progressive rock kind of thing.
If Coldplay makes a song with a prog. rock sound, I'd love it as well!

atlas2000

Along for the ride
Staff member
Coldplayer
This may be a bit off topic, but what kind of music do you think will be on here? If it's there most experimental, could we expect something kind of like Dream Theater (obviously not that complex, almost nobody can play, or even more write like them) in terms of having solos or guitar riffs that are a bit more complex? Or maybe a Guy/Will solo?
I'm just wondering, because one of my friends hates Coldplay, they're more into the electronic and Rock fusion/Progressive rock kind of thing.
If Coldplay makes a song with a prog. rock sound, I'd love it as well!
I think there will probably be a blend of electronic and acoustic production, less bombastic rock and pop. Would love to hear a more sparse laid back sound, I think this could be their Amnesiac by Radiohead. Weird time signatures etc.