LP8

gerben

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
What if it will never come of an eight album...*gloomy mood*

DieProspekt

Frank
Coldplayer
Really wondering which direction they will go into next. The AHFOD era was interesting but I just wish they'd do something more stripped down you know? LP7 has been one hell of a ride and it's clearly coming to a climax now. Maybe after today they'll take a few years off.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Really wondering which direction they will go into next. The AHFOD era was interesting but I just wish they'd do something more stripped down you know? LP7 has been one hell of a ride and it's clearly coming to a climax now. Maybe after today they'll take a few years off.
Dude, are you living in the future ?? :thinking:

A Rush of Magic

Coldplayer since 6/8/13
Coldplayer
Plus i kinda want LP8 to be kind of a return to rock roots. Ik it wont happen but hey Fall Out Boy made a small punk rock EP after they got back together and did pop.

a2iel

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I wonder if Coldplay will be able to hop off the pop train for this one... They seem to keep getting deeper and deeper into it with each album... Wish Thom Yorke was also one of Chris's main mentors

beastwars

Light reflection to fade
Coldplayer
I wonder if Coldplay will be able to hop off the pop train for this one... They seem to keep getting deeper and deeper into it with each album... Wish Thom Yorke was also one of Chris's main mentors
He was, then Chris met him....

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I doubt they will come off the sugar-pop train anytime soon, they are so happy about what they're doing and feel this is the best thing they have ever done.

As for Thom Yorke, if I remember correctly he despises Coldplay and completely ditched Chris when they crossed their paths once...

arushofjacktothehead

A Wispa, A Wispa, A Wispa
Coldplayer
Noooo whyyyy:cry:they must reunite Chris and Thom as friends using the power of music: enter LP8 a Kid-A styled record Coldplay take notes! :D

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Noooo whyyyy:cry:they must reunite Chris and Thom as friends using the power of music: enter LP8 a Kid-A styled record Coldplay take notes! :D
Look, if Thom despised Chris back during Oldplay times...I can't even imagine how much he is gonna despise him now. :-/

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
We can only hope that Thom Yorke, for a minute loses himself and gives Chris love over, love over thiiiis ! :D

gentleparachute

Up&Up
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
^ Well if CP express a wish to make a "proper" album of serious music, with experimentation into more avant garde sounds (whatever that would be nowadays :rolleyes: ), and could demonstrate that they measure up to suitable standards, Radiohead might consider a collaboration if CP indicate they would like one... I think they would be able to appreciate each other as musicians with similar shared interests in music - all the members belong in bands after all, which would indicate that they can work with other people :D

arushofjacktothehead

A Wispa, A Wispa, A Wispa
Coldplayer
^ Well if CP express a wish to make a "proper" album of serious music, with experimentation into more avant garde sounds (whatever that would be nowadays :rolleyes: ), and could demonstrate that they measure up to suitable standards, Radiohead might consider a collaboration if CP indicate they would like one... I think they would be able to appreciate each other as musicians with similar shared interests in music - all the members belong in bands after all, which would indicate that they can work with other people :D
Midnight is a good example of that;)

Rainy Day

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Well, everyone, AHFOD (LP7) is out and the tour is on! Considering what all Chris has said about that record being the conclusion to a particular time in Coldplay's history, and also taking into account what he said about the future of Coldplay's sound (e.g. "There will never be another conventional Coldplay record"), how do we think LP8 will shape up when the time comes? Not to rush us through the current era, of course--it should be savoured!

If LP8 is the beginning of a new sound/shape/philosophy for Coldplay music, I wonder what all that will entail?

flockofbirds222

Believe In Love❤️
Coldplayer
Wasn't there a picture of Chris with fans at the Bakery? That could be a good sign...