Magic

Blue Nails

Im
Coldplayer
After hearing it live, I have to say it sounds kind of sparkling. Still not a fan though.

Has anyone thought of how Magic fits on an album called 'Ghost Stories'? It sounds very un-ghostly to me. It's also not explicitly about memories like the two new songs.

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
17 March 2014 / submitted by Feike, Netherlands
Q. I've just checked out the Tumblr page of Coldplay and I saw this picture of Chris (I think it's Chris) looking up towards a camera in a swimming pool. Am I right to conclude that this is a picture of the video shoot for the single Magic?
If so, can you give some more information about the video shoot?

THE ORACLE REPLIES >
You're not right, Feike. I can't comment too much on the cryptic photo at this stage but I can definitely tell you that it is not the video for Magic. For that is - as they say in the filming world - already in the can.

Linus

Forever in Coldplay history
Coldplayer
For that is - as I say - a Swedish Coldplay video :D :dance:

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
International release dates are always a couple of days apart. The album will be released in multiple countries on the 16th.

EC-JTR

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
International release dates are always a couple of days apart. The album will be released in multiple countries on the 16th.
Thank you so much Tash. I hope that Spain was one of these... :)

ladypro615

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
grew on me! it was the least favorite of mine of the first three to come off this album. i love the ending the most

AmbroseCadwell

Future Reflector
Coldplayer
I really like the track, sounds like those bonus tracks they release sometimes. It sounds more independent, less Eno.
Actually I'd say the ambient guitar that kicks in halfway through is very very reminiscent of Eno's Apollo album.

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
As reported by @ColdplayAtlas, Magic now has more views than Midnight on YouTube.

Dream

Summertime Clothes
Coldplayer
I don't know what the hell they were thinking when they made this. The lyrics couldn't be anymore shite, and it's almost as bad as 'Midnight', which was embarrassing for me. For the first time it looks as though I can't stand behind a coldplay release, and I have very low expectations for this album. Sorry, but they can do so much better than this crap.

futuro.altj

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
They can surely doing better, ok. But they have proved they can also doing very worse like MX album and so i think Ghost Stories will be a perfect compromise to restart

Jaes

LP6
Coldplayer
Really you guys don't like Mylo Xyloto? I absolutely love it. And no, I am not a "xylobryte". AROBTTH is my favorite album and it always will, and The Scientist my favorite song (you can see it in my profile).

Well, about Magic, I think its lyrics are so much simple, excessively. For example, Yellow is a little bit simple lyrically, but it's amazing and has metaphors, etc. Also, Magic's melody is really poor, except for that amazing guitar part. Just my opinion.

mayrn43

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Really you guys don't like Mylo Xyloto? I absolutely love it. And no, I am not a "xylobryte". AROBTTH is my favorite album and it always will, and The Scientist my favorite song (you can see it in my profile).

Well, about Magic, I think its lyrics are so much simple, excessively. For example, Yellow is a little bit simple lyrically, but it's amazing and has metaphors, etc. Also, Magic's melody is really poor, except for that amazing guitar part. Just my opinion.
This

MrMilanista

Coldplayer
Coldplayer

I've never understood Coldplayers who hate Mylo Xyloto, I think they were just too shocked to see how they changed. There's no denying in that Mylo Xyloto was a great album, way underrated if you ask me. I personally loved all the song on that album, even PoC. Beuatiful album with lots of colors