Major Minus Guitar Riff

86Timewarp

Billy N.™ the Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I managed to add the guitar riff that Jonny plays after the 1st chorus in the studio version so it sounds like Rock am Ring. I'm gonna attempt to put it on YouTube but before I file for fair use, is there anyone who would want to listen to it?

pipp088

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
have you added it in the studio song?? that riff is what i miss from Live Version.. that riff and chris voice are the reason why i prefer the live version.. so i say YES

86Timewarp

Billy N.™ the Coldplayer
Coldplayer
HERE YOU GO [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEfzwelxV1A"]YouTube - ‪Major Minus (Guitar Riff)‬‏[/ame]

prjio307

Red Nocturne
Coldplayer
I don't know, I feel like it's just too much. It sounds like there's too much going on. I can see why they took it out.

JimmyTheJamMan

Don't ask about the name.
Coldplayer
I don't know, I feel like it's just too much. It sounds like there's too much going on. I can see why they took it out.
Agreed. Although I like that riff when its played towards the end, at that break it just seems a bit too much, and makes the following verse sound a bit empty. Nice work on putting it in though :)

Hurts Like Heaven

So cold, so cold
Coldplayer
Major Minus is my favorite of their songs, but I actually like it even more this way. The song gets a lot quieter after the riff ends the first time though, so it sounds a bit weird.

EDIT: Thanks for this, I might use this version in my Best of Coldplay remix album.