Midnight appreciation thread

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
I do like Magic a lot but I must say I simply love Midnight! The whole package is fantastic, music, voices, video, lyrics, you name it. I am also a big fan of Sigur Ros, so it was great to hear Coldplay making a meditative song in that genre.

Why do you love Midnight? :)

Do you think we´ll hear more songs like Midnight in Ghost Stories or is this a one-off experiment?

Also I don´t get it how a lot of reviewers said the lyrics were intelligible. I understood nearly every word after two listens. Do we perhaps speak Coldplayian more fluently than non-Coldplay fans? hehe

Mrk

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
Coldplayer
I love Midnight because I've always felt they needed a more atmospheric song with a good soundscape. I know they've already had The Escapist, but I've always seen it more as an outro than a full length song

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
I find the lyrical part of Midnight the most impressive. They are simple lyrics but right to the point and the "leave a light on" part is hypnotising :)

WeddingDom

Such a heavenly view
Coldplayer
I like Midnight! It reminds me of Bon Iver. I love Coldplay because they're always changing their sound :)

iccp

lovin' each day
Coldplayer
I really like Midnight! :D I think it sounds great. It has this "feeling" to it that I can't quite describe...kinda contemplative i guess?

Looking forward to the whole album!

Written In Graffiti

Missing The Mark
Coldplayer
The first time I heard Magic I though "wow, this is brilliant!", whereas I thought the opposite of Midnight. Now, I like Magic a lot, but I like Midnight more. It's a gorgeous song. Atmospheric and haunting, something Coldplay should do more of.

Wickett

The eye watching you.
Coldplayer
The first time I heard Midnight I thought I was going to cry out of disappointment… well not that bad but it was close. Now that I've seen how they're using it though, I really, really like it. Starting and ending the hype of this album with "Leave a light, a light on" is just brilliant. As said valypan said, it's hypnotizing. It's just that catchy.

gai

solo guitar cover. awesome!

[video=youtube;zuuBHOBmn3E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuuBHOBmn3E[/video]

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
Seeing Chris perform Midnight sitting on the stage 5 feet in front of me made me love it even more. He played his own laser harp and it was beautiful. Definitely a highlight for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mayrn43

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I rewatched Midnight live @ iTunes fest, it's unbelievable...chilling

kspillers2

Coldplay Traveler
Coldplayer
I"ll echo Dianne here.....it's ringing in my head constantly since we saw it performed live. It's fantastic, ethereal, at the same time sweet and lilting and a potential mixed club hit all at the same time....PLUS gorgeous visually if they perform it with Chris 'playing' the laser. Lurve.

TheShawnOne

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
It's a very chilling song, it's something I've never experienced to hear before. It's so calm and relaxing.

42rock89

Call it Magic...
Coldplayer
I am addicted to this song. Normally, having played it over and over hundred's of times since it came out, my interest would decline but it seems to grow even further its so mysterious and the official video matches the song so well, normally I would think of an image/place different to the video but dancing and having a 'trip' in the woods is exactly what comes to mind, so brilliant!

Harondor

Aiming my arrows
Coldplayer
It's a great song and I'm sure it will be awesome as middle track on GS (this place was for ETIAW on MX, and it fit perfectly).

Durk

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I'm actually starting to like this song!

Blockflote

We'll be glowing in the dark!
Coldplayer
Midnight is a pure introspective song, and if I think on ghosts listening to the song in a cold night it becomes an awesome atmosphere!

reddevil07

Serving society by rockin
Coldplayer
It's the most haunting song in the album IMO. Really fits the whole "Ghost Stories" title. By the way, does anyone know if Chris is using a vocoder for this track?