My day sucked but how was urs?

M Marks The Spot

M stands for Michael
Coldplayer
@Carolina* , @onlylove , @yoyo2000 , @Draco Plot twist: I've just discovered now that I had left the pen and the pencil borrowed from my friend in the side pocket of my schoolbag which I didn't check to see when I was looking for both of them... I musta been crazy. What was I thinking? Slap my face and tell me it is not true at all! I wish this had not ever happened! :joy:

ColdplayingfromKansas

Official Viva Fangirl
Coldplayer
Hey don't worry @M Marks The Spot I always feel incomplete without a half-dozen pens! You are not alone!

My day sucked (but not really except for one thing) obligatory post of my own so I'm not just dropping into the middle of the conversation like a heathen:

Accidentally cut someone off on the highway coming home--tried to get around them as we were coming up on a (very) slow car and thought I had enough room. I got around them, but their rapid-fire honking told me I probably had less room than I thought I did. Sorry, lady driving the large white truck; what I did was not smart!

Though you were illegally camping in the left lane, and you sped around me, honked, and flipped me the bird afterward, so I guess we're even?

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
Well I did some art today so the day wasn't a complete waste, yay!

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
Oh my god Batman is back !
Yup I dreamed about Coldplay today and then thought about this forum and all the crazy poop I did on here so I had to at least say hi =D

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Yup I dreamed about Coldplay today and then thought about this forum and all the crazy poop I did on here so I had to at least say hi =D
Also pick up your award for Missing In Action 2017 ! And the inactivity has taken its toll on the votes, I've seen you missed out on Biggest Coldplaying Perv this time :eek:

M Marks The Spot

M stands for Michael
Coldplayer
Today has been an interesting and quite unusual day for me.

I went to bed at 1.30 AM after I had finished writing my seminar paper for biology and then got up at 7.10 in the morning to prepare myself for school.
Despite the small number of hours I had slept, I was still able to concentrate at school which I found really strange and abnormal. However, I was totally unimpressed by the curriculum I was exposed to by the teachers. I believe I would have been more interested and enjoyed the classes more if I had felt more relaxed.

In the afternoon after school on way home I caught up with one of my favourite teachers to give him back the paper with the marks written and divided according to the points which I had found in the heap of tests he had returned us. I truly expected myself to speed up to move away from him as much as possible but started to chat with the teacher instead. Wait a moment, what? I really did what? Excuse me, I still can't believe it! What on Earth was I thinking? Looking back, it still appears to be surreal.

So I took advantage of the situation and talked to him about whatever I was speaking to him about. I'm bewildered now and completely out of my mind. And the question is whether it is alright for both students and teachers to natter with each other as acquaintances outside school (I attend high school). What's your opinion?

Carolina*

Up&Up
Coldplayer

I went to bed at 1.30 AM after I had finished writing my seminar paper for biology and then got up at 7.10 in the morning to prepare myself for school.
Despite the small number of hours I had slept, I was still able to concentrate at school which I found really strange and abnormal. However, I was totally unimpressed by the curriculum I was exposed to by the teachers. I believe I would have been more interested and enjoyed the classes more if I had felt more relaxed.

In the afternoon after school on way to home I caught up with one of my favourite teachers to give him back the paper with the marks written and divided according to the points which I had found in the heap of tests he had returned us. I truly expected myself to speed up to move away from him as much as possible but started to chat with the teacher instead. Wait a moment, what? I really did what? Excuse me, I still can't believe it! What on Earth was I thinking? Looking back, it still appears to be surreal.

So I took advantage of the situation and talked to him about whatever I was speaking to him about. I'm bewildered now and completely out of my mind. And the question is whether it is alright for both students and teachers to natter with each other as acquaintances outside school (I attend high school). What's your opinion?
I think it is but obviously it depends on how well you know the teacher. If you're in a small class or have had the same teacher for many years, it's different than a huge class especially like the lecture hall type classes in college. One of my friends even had dinner at one of her teacher's houses...

M Marks The Spot

M stands for Michael
Coldplayer
I think it is but obviously it depends on how well you know the teacher. If you're in a small class or have had the same teacher for many years, it's different than a huge class especially like the lecture hall type classes in college. One of my friends even had dinner at one of her teacher's houses...
So this teacher is the one who teaches History in my class (29 students) and then Latin (15 students from 3 different classes in the same grade) for people who have decided to attend voluntarily including me as you know. And I've had him since September last year and I never talk to him unless he asks me questions during the lessons or when I have really something to say if he wants to know something about my classmates and the situation in my class and so on except for today, ha.

I wouldn't truly mind befriending or getting closer with him if I wasn't his student and he as my teacher because it all makes the situation more impossible for me due to professionalism and not messing with the people around. It would look totally strange and bad. I'll definitely try to do something with that when I graduate. And you know what? Hominem te esse, memento.

yoyo2000

Comme deux gouttes d’eau
Coldplayer

In the afternoon after school on way home I caught up with one of my favourite teachers to give him back the paper with the marks written and divided according to the points which I had found in the heap of tests he had returned us. I truly expected myself to speed up to move away from him as much as possible but started to chat with the teacher instead. Wait a moment, what? I really did what? Excuse me, I still can't believe it! What on Earth was I thinking? Looking back, it still appears to be surreal.

I think it's absolutely normal if not necessary to talk to your teacher once in a while privately. This may solve some of your questions on his subject or break the ice between you (by learning each other's character better). Actually, there is a method of learning, founded by Aristotle (who was from my town[emoji5]), named Peripatetic (walking), which means that the teacher teaches, while walking with his student/s. This method helped Alexander the Great conquer the world, as he was his student. I just wanted to say that walking and talking with a wise man is always good for you.

Gsilva

Start again a little higher........
Coldplayer
My day was actually good but can posers stop giving spoilers of infinity wars to real fans ?? They have runined it for me today

Carolina*

Up&Up
Coldplayer
So this teacher is the one who teaches History in my class (29 students) and then Latin (15 students from 3 different classes in the same grade) for people who have decided to attend voluntarily including me as you know. And I've had him since September last year and I never talk to him unless he asks me questions during the lessons or when I have really something to say if he wants to know something about my classmates and the situation in my class and so on except for today, ha.

I wouldn't truly mind befriending or getting closer with him if I wasn't his student and he as my teacher because it all makes the situation more impossible for me due to professionalism and not messing with the people around. It would look totally strange and bad. I'll definitely try to do something with that when I graduate. And you know what? Hominem te esse, memento.
Yeah it can be kind of scary to talk to teachers about casual things but if you want is does seem worth it when you graduate since then you aren't their student anymore. I really like my Latin teacher and I've had him for years and I'm graduating in a month so maybe I should try...

M Marks The Spot

M stands for Michael
Coldplayer
My day was actually good but can posers stop giving spoilers of infinity wars to real fans ?? They have runined it for me today
I can feel you though I'm not a fan of that franchise and haven't seen any films of it. Yesterday my friends were talking about the film during the break between lessons they had seen in the cinema and guess what. The others overheard the conversation and complained that they hadn't been to the cinema to see it. That is that. :D

Gsilva

Start again a little higher........
Coldplayer
I can feel you though I'm not a fan of that franchise and haven't seen any films of it. Yesterday my friends were talking about the film during the break between lessons they had seen in the cinema and guess what. The others overheard the conversation and complained that they hadn't been to the cinema to see it. That is that. :D
Well, if i overhear it im not mad because it wasnt theyr intention. But when youre a real fan that didnt even watch the trailer to be suprised fully and your poser classmates tell you spoilers after you asked them not to and they laugh and keep telling spoiler throughout the day, of course im mad at them. Im not even watching the movie anymore. They've ruined it for me, all this hype for nothing....

M Marks The Spot

M stands for Michael
Coldplayer
Well, if i overhear it im not mad because it wasnt theyr intention. But when youre a real fan that didnt even watch the trailer to be suprised fully and your poser classmates tell you spoilers after you asked them not to and they laugh and keep telling spoiler throughout the day, of course im mad at them. Im not even watching the movie anymore. They've ruined it for me, all this hype for nothing....
They truly did that? Yeah, that's awful and unfortunate but let it be. You shouldn't let yourself be influenced by the others this way. I get that they have wrecked your experience but forget about them. You can it as they wanted to prepare you for the film although I guess this is not the way you really perceive it. You might go to the cinema, see it by yourself and picture it your own way.

M Marks The Spot

M stands for Michael
Coldplayer
I think it's absolutely normal if not necessary to talk to your teacher once in a while privately. This may solve some of your questions on his subject or break the ice between you (by learning each other's character better). Actually, there is a method of learning, founded by Aristotle (who was from my town[emoji5]), named Peripatetic (walking), which means that the teacher teaches, while walking with his student/s. This method helped Alexander the Great conquer the world, as he was his student. I just wanted to say that walking and talking with a wise man is always good for you.
The funny thing is that it was the very first time yesterday I spoke to him in the flesh. I usually ask him about doubts regarding schoolwork after a lesson when he's still in the classroom but it was more of a chatter and prattling on about school stuff yesterday. It was a really nice chat, though. Peripatetic? I've never heard about that. However, it is very interesting. I prefer talking when walking to chatting when sitting at a table or on a bench. I've got to practise that more! :joy:

M Marks The Spot

M stands for Michael
Coldplayer
Yeah it can be kind of scary to talk to teachers about casual things but if you want is does seem worth it when you graduate since then you aren't their student anymore. I really like my Latin teacher and I've had him for years and I'm graduating in a month so maybe I should try...
Yes, I agree with you. It's really scary to bring something like that on. Let's wait and see what happen...