My shot at Lost+

musicool2

Colplaholic
Coldplayer
Hey everyone -
I was extremely excited when I heard Coldplay and Jay-Z were going to be collaborating for a remix of "Lost!'". Unfortunately I was a little disappointed with the result. I felt Jay-Z was lazy in what he brought to the table. It seemed, to me, that he was more interested in attempting to steal the spotlight then provide a quality track for the Lost! - EP and Prospekt's March. In fact, based on the previews I've heard of all the tracks on Prospekt's March, it seems that track is the only one I was not blown away by.

I've been audible with my criticism of that track as a faithful Coldplay fan... because I know they deserved better than that. When I've talked about it I've been asked "Well, you couldn't do any better".

With that, I wanted to let you know that I will be doing my own Coldplay/Jay-Z mash-up to prove, that YES, I CAN do better. I will use an a cappella track of Jay-Z's "99 Problems" and the instrumental track for "Lost!". I will post the result on here soon, so keep checking back if you're interested!:) I'm calling it "Lost&" :D

Have a wonderful day fellow Coldplay fans!
Ben

Last edited:

Lore

Up&Up
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'll move this to the coldplay section :wink:

professa95

coldplay = life
Coldplayer
Lost+ is a waste get rid of the jay z part and you got a good song :rolleyes:

The Escapist

Lindisfarne
Coldplayer
^True. The Jay-z bit was a heap of shit. Not meaningful at all and a waste of breath

musicool2

Colplaholic
Coldplayer
Like mine bettter?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhf9JE72uRo"]YouTube - Coldplay/Jay-Z ["Lost&" (SirBenjamin Remix)][/ame]

be my green eyes

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yeah I dont rate it too highly I was hoping for a full collaboration instead of just 20 seconds of Jay-Z with the lost rythym underneath. Although the lyrics are somewhat meaningful...they are only relevant to the music industry and celebrity life whereas I thonk CP had/have a broader meaning in mind

illuvcoldplay

Chrissylicious
Coldplayer
LOST + rocks you need to forget about the rapper the rapping and dig into the words and the meaniing of the song its bloody brilliant