Most Interesting Poster 2015
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Only one more week I suppose!

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
ughh, im at work until 4 and playing ball hockey until 6pm then an hour drive home. I wanna listen to it nowwww.

Last edited:

vico xt

Learning English
Coldplayer
I'm enjoying The Man Who Built The Moon and Dead In The Water a lot, I think these are my favourites right now. I need more time to listen to the entire album, but I'm very happy with it and with As You Were too, both so different, nonetheless amazing records. Gallaghers are back!

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Didn't want to spoil, but Vico broke the ice, so here we go.

After hearing the legitimately released tracks, I was a bit worried this might be too out there for my tastes. Call me a pleb if you must, but if Noel gave me the same formula, I would not complain. The album is clearly from Noel but its also clear that some new influences have been taking affect. Trying not to spoil anything, on my first listen, I enjoyed the first half a lot more than the second half; I did not like the second half at all. As I write this, I just got home after a 1 hour long drive listening for at least the 3rd full time around and I'm actually liking the second half a lot more. I still don't like it quite as much as the first half, but perhaps its my car's stereo system which made me appreciate the layers and bass a bit more. It was also kind of Noel to throw it the bonus tracks to show he can still produce some good Noel-rock (wish Coldplay would do that more as well sometimes)! My standout track so far is 'Keep On Reaching'. I still think its a bit too far out there for me to place it in front of LP1 or 2, but the worst Noel album is still better than most.

vico xt

Learning English
Coldplayer
I still don't like it quite as much as the first half,
Funny that it happens to me the opposite thing. I like very much the second half. Wednesday Part 1 - If Love Is The Law - The Man Who Built The Moon - Wednesday Part 2 make for me a perfect combination. And it also happens that I like the 'bonus' song Dead In The Water almost more than the rest of the album. Maybe I have to listen more to the first half, but I think the second one is my part.

(wish Coldplay would do that more as well sometimes)!
Amen.

Last edited:

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
yeah, dead in the water really spoke to me, and its become my fav recently.

TMWBTM is so errie, really digin' it now.

ColdplayingfromKansas

Official Viva Fangirl
Coldplayer
Why are Noel's bonus tracks always the best songs on the album :laughing:

I dig Holy Mountain and It's a Beautiful World, but I think overall the second half packs a bigger punch. From Wednesday 1 to Dead in the Water is phenomenal. Right now, Chasing Yesterday is still my favorite album of his, but a few more listens might put WBtM ahead of it

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Note, the person I was due to see the Toronto gig with might back out. If someone wants to pay face value to see the show, PM me.

Thanks!

42JTR

Watching my life on the skyline
Coldplayer
I'm loving the album more and more. Especially Dead In The Water. And wow, how inspired was he by AHFOD (at least on the album design)

42JTR

Watching my life on the skyline
Coldplayer
Another fun fact, as ''Dead In The Water'' is probably the best song on the album (and one of the most beautiful songs written in a long time IMO) the the four chords on which the song is based is 99% the same as Coldplay's O (Fly On) it's even in the same tuning. You can play both songs at the same time on guitar (I tried it myself). Two of the most beautiful songs ever are practically the same haha.

MosesTheMarshmallow

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Finally listened to the whole album. I need to listen to it more, but I generally like it less than the other two albums. But holy pants the artwork is pretty!!!!! Dead in the Water is the best track on the album hands down...too bad it's just a B-side. Imagine a full band version of that too. The Man Who Built the Moon kicks ass, yet has never been played live. For the rest of the songs, I feel like there are 0 good guitar solos even though Gem is now touring with the band...which is really sad given how great songs like Riverman and I Wanna Live in a Dream / Stop the Clocks, etc. The atmospherics and production of this album are good though, esp on headphones. It's a Beautiful World is cool too. Most of the songs don't really do what I want them to do in some way? Who knows, maybe the album will grow on me. I guess I'm an oldNoel-er and just wanted 10 songs like Dead in the Water. xD

M Marks The Spot

M stands for Michael
Coldplayer
I'm quite curious and looking forward to this as I enjoyed the Who Built The Moon? album though it's the only thing by NGHFB I've heard so far. I've also seen the recording of the band performing and promoting the aforementioned album on Later... with Jools Holland which I liked too.