Noel Gallagher

jc90

Most Interesting Poster 2015
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I heard all 3 of his post oasis outputs and enjoyed this one the least probably .I'd highly recommend listening to the other two .

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Oof, not a big fan of BSD. Not enough payoff at the end I'm afraid. Iunno, maybe it's a 600am listen for me and I need a few more.

Turns out it's a new EP in June with two more new tracks and two remixes.

Gideon_Mx

Good music lover
Coldplayer
Exciting!!!
I really enjoyed all of NGHFB's 3 albums so far...
Is Noel's new music already out?

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
its an EP not a full blown LP

M Marks The Spot

M stands for Michael
Coldplayer
In case somebody has missed the releases from the EP which is out today, here are the videos of them.

Black Star Dancing (Official Video)

Rattling Rose (Official Lyric Video)

Sail On (Official Lyric Video)

Black Star Dancing (12" Mix)

Black Star Dancing (The Reflex Revision)

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Another EP: This is the Place

Here's the title track

I didn't like the previous EP, and this EP seems to be the same story : /
I know a lot of the fans are saying this, but this is too disco-y and not enough rock for my liking.

Gideon_Mx

Good music lover
Coldplayer
Another EP: This is the Place

Here's the title track

I didn't like the previous EP, and this EP seems to be the same story : /
I know a lot of the fans are saying this, but this is too disco-y and not enough rock for my liking.
It's nice to see him trying different directions in his songs but I get what you mean.
I'm also not a fan of his previous EP's unfortunately.
His first 2 albums were his best output in his solo career in my opinion.

Stephen

Mr. Coldplaying v3
Staff member
Owner
Coldplayer
It's nice to see him trying different directions in his songs but I get what you mean.
I'm also not a fan of his previous EP's unfortunately.
It won't appeal to some people but it is really nice to see him experiment with different musical styles. A sure sign that he is enjoying making music right now.

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Agreed. And i was sooo hyped when he brought back Gem and brought back Chris along with Mike and Russell. I really thought that was close to the strongest lineup he couldve had if he were to pick from his former bandmates. Best guitarist, best bassist, best keyboardist, best drummer. I likely set myself up for disappointment because the band on paper is not matching the output in my headphones.

Gideon_Mx

Good music lover
Coldplayer
Agreed. And i was sooo hyped when he brought back Gem and brought back Chris along with Mike and Russell. I really thought that was close to the strongest lineup he couldve had if he were to pick from his former bandmates. Best guitarist, best bassist, best keyboardist, best drummer.
Yes, exactly!!!
I am also very sad that some of his songs aren't on their setlist since 2 years or so... A few examples; You Know We Can't Go Back, Death Of You And Me and Dying Of The Light. YKWCGB and TDOTL are one of my favourite NGHFB songs to listen to.

Gideon_Mx

Good music lover
Coldplayer
About a week ago, Noel and his High Flying Birds absolutely surprised me with the song ''A Dream Is All I Need To Get By''. I'm feeling like this is going to be one of his classics!
Catchy and great. His best song since quite some time. I'm totally in love with this one.
https://youtu.be/gSQnl9Xa9ac (also available on Spotify)

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer

Ive got to say, ive seen this series before on youtube trending, but never watched it. Now that i have, its pretty good. Questions are pretty good, not the standard questions. However, with this interviewer, although his questions are very good, it seems like he's just reading off, almost like someone else wrote the questions and hes just the delivery.

Last edited:

Gideon_Mx

Good music lover
Coldplayer

Ive got to say, ive seen this series before on youtube trending, but never watched it. Now that i have, its pretty good. Questions are pretty good, not the standard questions. However, with this interviewer, although his questions are very good, it seems like he's just reading off, almost like someone else wrote the questions and hes just the delivery.
Indeed, I saw it a few days ago. I think he prepared all of the questions and put it on a list.
Quite a funny interview featuring the hot wings :laughing:

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Indeed, I saw it a few days ago. I think he prepared all of the questions and put it on a list.
Quite a funny interview featuring the hot wings :laughing:
Well, yeah, i'd expect most questions from interviews be prepared ahead of time, but these were next level. Im sure Noel is no different than us, tired of hearing the same questions all the time.

MosesTheMarshmallow

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
I haven't listened to the most recent EP yet, but here are some opinions on Black Star Dancing:

1. The title track is pretty good, but feels like a rehash of other NGHFB disco-influenced songs such as What a Life, Ballad of the Mighty I, and in particular, it sounds like a huge ripoff of It's a Beautiful World. I do like that this has a serious guitar solo reminiscent of Riverman, one that shreds well and is up there with Ballad.

2. Rattling Rose is good. It reminds me of Lowrider or various bossa nova songs. Not a sound that NG is associated with usually. I'll have to listen to it a few more times to decide how much I like it / how forgettable it is.

3. Sail On is by a light year the best song on Black Star Dancing. I wish it had a guitar or piano solo or something, which makes me rate Dead in the Water higher (man, is there a more raw and amazing track?!). The music videos and thematic imagery (sail on, water) are even similar between the two. Imagine an album that was just If I Had a Gun, Dead in the Water, Sail On, and The Dying of the Light. Well I guess that would be boring and homogenous, but do it for the fans damnit!

Sail On reminds me a lot of Noel's other folksy endeavour from a few years ago:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZv5POIbUss

NGHFB's ballads are the best. :)