"O" is gonna be my favorite track!

ARoBttH14

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Just so people know what's that about. (Start at 3:35)

[video=youtube;PbiCPaXRiSY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbiCPaXRiSY#t=215[/video]
It does sound very familiar! Maybe it's like Violet Hill where they had one part of the lyrics since they started and worked on it after 9 years of leaving it. Only in this case it was the chord scheme and they just needed the correct lyrics to fit in :)

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
Sounds similar and maybe the same rhythm. But definitely different.

WeddingDom

Such a heavenly view
Coldplayer
I don't like this song so much. It sounds a bit like Clocks to me :\

dontgo

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I love this song its very very sweet like a message to the one he loves sorta like thingy..

WeddingDom

Such a heavenly view
Coldplayer
Yes. Don't know how to explain the Clocks thing, but that's what I feel after listening to it a lot of times.

ARoBttH14

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yes. Don't know how to explain the Clocks thing, but that's what I feel after listening to it a lot of times.
I can see where you're coming from. Both Clocks and O are basically a constant scale throughout the entire song so similarities can be drawn even if they are different chords.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

jc90

Most Interesting Poster 2015
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I don't like this song so much. It sounds a bit like Clocks to me :\
That took a lot of courage to come here and say. But seriously, you may be the first person I've heard that doesn't like the song. Not that you're wrong or right, but just an observation.

ladypro615

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
That took a lot of courage to come here and say. But seriously, you may be the first person I've heard that doesn't like the song. Not that you're wrong or right, but just an observation.
lol

WeddingDom

Such a heavenly view
Coldplayer
Oh, and the lyrics are so UWTB (which I don't like at all). Chris' voice is amazing, though.

jc90

Most Interesting Poster 2015
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Srsly tho, its one thing to not like O in an O-centric thread but Clocks on top of that. Not debating the right/wrong-ness of that opinion, but its certainly a rare opinion.

rrpjdisc

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
"I wanna live life, never be cruel,
I wanna live life, be good to you.
I wanna fly, never come down,
Live my life, have friends around."

Fly On... the more I listen, the more I feel connected with that "I wanna fly, never come down"; when sometimes, it is too heavy, falling down, wings broken, still gether the strength to fly on...the opening piano part is really like some classical music...a self-encouraging statement of Chris:"Let's all fly on, till home, to home, from all the sorrows or regrets or pains...cause that's the innate power of your soul" - also a reminder of the opening part of Sigur Rós's Sæglópur and Flying images of Glósóli MV.
The fact that you're even relating Sigur Rós to Coldplay is awesome! More people/everyone needs to have heard of Sigur Rós lol

atlas2000

Along for the ride
Staff member
Coldplayer
don't know where to put this so here..

Just made it there hope you like it..if you want to use it go ahead just do what you like :D

RedBalloon

Livin' life in Technicolor
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The fact that you're even relating Sigur Rós to Coldplay is awesome! More people/everyone needs to have heard of Sigur Rós lol
hmm, same flight feelings captured. If put Gravity and O together - a really good pair, and the meaning of Fly On could be felt more prominantly - maybe a progress from Gravity, even there is a difference/gap between "will fly with you" and "can fly with you". This song might be a good company for Chris, hence very personal as he indicated.

@jose, afraid not yet [or there is an O recording for the Film, but getting cut off in the final NBC release, same for UK version?], if so, a decision on how to present the children's voices? like to hear the Live though

@atlas2000, a natural connection, the song itself is quite Image connected, reminding me of the flight photos of birds in California I took too:)

H

howyousawtheworld

[video=youtube;pW9mcmLej3E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW9mcmLej3E[/video]

Wonderful. A song that has not got near enough widespread praise.

Jaes

LP6
Coldplayer
[video=youtube;x0DDFJh_bxc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0DDFJh_bxc[/video]