Performing "Fly On" AMA

RealRece

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I've started teaching myself this song today. It's not easy! I watched a youtube VDO by Kyle, i think. If you have a good VDO tutorial for this song, pls don't hesitate to share. It will take me several months until master in it :) GREAT Job!! I've been listening to your performance with Chris countless them during my jogging yesterday evening. It's such beautiful performance. xx - Bui.
I've thought about doing a tutorial but don't really have the set up for it! And oh thank you for the kind words! Excuse my messing up at the start of it though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zero Theory

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Congrats man! This is my favorite Coldplay song to play on the piano, other than Politik and Clocks, and I was so jealous to see you got to play it with Chris.
Dude don't even worry about the mistakes, they weren't even that noticeable.

I'm just curious, what was the delay like? Could you hear yourself play, or did you have to go based on the PA?

RealRece

Coldplayer
I'm just curious, what was the delay like? Could you hear yourself play, or did you have to go based on the PA?
Since I wasn't able to practice beforehand, I went based off of the PA at the start (hence why I messed up so much because I couldn't actually focus on my hands) but then in the first verse, I just focused on my hands and Chris's singing instead

justdoit

VIVA LA VIDA
Coldplayer
Screenshot_20171011-093052.png
Rece
I'm so proud of what you've done as if it was me who was there next to Martin playing one of the most beautiful songs ever written by him and played by Coldplay.
I'm from Portugal and was able to see the gig twice last year in Barcelona (Portugal wasn't included on the tour). First night I stood at a very high sitting place where I was able to see all the incredible xylobands-effects with the city of Barcelona as background (i have marvellous photos and video shots!)..and at the second night I went to Golden Circle to stay right in front of the main stage and have a completely different angle and experience of the previous night.
But...my friend...what happened to you is a once in a lifetime experience! My dream is to be with the band once, meet them personally and just hang around to tell them what an important role they play on my personal life. It's hard to believe, but it's like they release a song, and the lyrics are exactly what i'm feeling in that exact moment! I know it may sound like crazy, but it is as if Martin is singing his feelings for/with me!
When they released "Ghost Stories" all remembered me of my divorce and the difficult times of loss..specially the times i didn't have with little daughter any more. She was Always in my Head, my True Love for her hurted too much...and I knew she was in Another's Arms. All I could was believe in Magic, look at the Sky Full of Stars....and O...look up to the sky and pray to my mother -who was taken too soon from me and this life with cancer- for her to do anything possible to one day..someday..maybe one day I could be next to her again!

And I could give you more examples of almost each and every song of our guys! Even this last one fits exactly in my actual personal situation. Fu****..there really must be something beyond the obvious, and that's why i still believe one day i will have the opportunity to have a pint with this guys and give Martin such a big hug to tell him THANK YOU for everything he's made in my life, specially for Fixing Me and showing me every day the lights that guide me safe home!

Rece, i'm proud of you! Of what you've done. So well! I would have started playing the intro...but next I know I would have started crying like a baby because of all the strong feelings this song transmits me about the loss of my mother...and otherwise because I would be next to Chris, who wrote with his hands such a beautiful poem I would have liked to be able to have written myself to dedicate to my beloved and still so missed mam.

Congratulations mate! Your example is the proof that we should never give up on our dreams..and keep on VivaLaVida!

UP AND UP...DON'T EVER GIVE UP!

RealRece

Coldplayer
[
UP AND UP...DON'T EVER GIVE UP!
I didn't quote the whole thing because it was a long message, but thank you so much for your kind words. These four guys have done more for me than anyone could ever think of, and I can't thank them enough. My life was completed that night. I have nothing more to ask for in my life other than asking people to keep spreading love. I can't believe it. They changed me forever. I cried every day following it in tears of joy and sadness. I love them so much. I love every fan. I love everyone. We all make a difference for each other whether we know it or not.