Princess of China: Worst Coldplay song ever?

CurtisJ

Hurting like Heaven
Coldplayer
What? The Goldrush is awesome.
I'm sorry but I think it's pretty dreadful lol. Only cause I love Coldplay so much if it comes on while it's on shuffle I can still enjoy it, especially since it's so short. In fact it's the ONLY Coldplay song I don't care for.

Prospector

Rafael
Coldplayer
About The Goldrush, I think it's a fun song, I feel almost inside the studio, but not really great. Back to the PoC topic, for me it's a great song and I love the synths, still don't understand why there is acoustic guitar on Rihanna's verse though, but it's a great song.

getithom

Baby blue.
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm sorry but I think it's pretty dreadful lol. Only cause I love Coldplay so much if it comes on while it's on shuffle I can still enjoy it, especially since it's so short. In fact it's the ONLY Coldplay song I don't care for.
Haha, I understand. One I Love is a pain for me to listen to. I absolutely hate it.

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
Hahaha there are worse Coldplay songs than The Goldrush, really

iccp

lovin' each day
Coldplayer
when i first listened to Princess of China, i really didn't now what to think....the sound was so different....perhaps it's just Rihanna....i don't wanna think Coldplay has changed!!!! :cry:

leahg

I set you apart...
Coldplayer
Haha, I understand. One I Love is a pain for me to listen to. I absolutely hate it.
funny thread. It just goes to show that it comes down to personal taste - I really like One I Love. Music speaks to people in different ways

Rainystrawberry

You're in control
Coldplayer

I was singing One I love and my brother thought it was a good song, when i told him it was a Coldplay song he said " No its not, its too good to be by Coldplay" :lol:

nb97

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
If you all are true Coldplay fans, you would see the positive side of why they did a song with Rihanna. They obviously wanted to expand their horizons and experiment with a different sound. Every awesome band should do it. It doesn't make them any worse or any better. It just makes them open-minded. STOP with the Rihanna hating comments!

The Final Track

Prognissekongen!
Coldplayer
If you all are true Coldplay fans, you would see the positive side of why they did a song with Rihanna. They obviously wanted to expand their horizons and experiment with a different sound. Every awesome band should do it. It doesn't make them any worse or any better. It just makes them open-minded. STOP with the Rihanna hating comments!
:facepalm:

Rainystrawberry

You're in control
Coldplayer
I actually agree with you, I'm ok with Coldplay experimenting

Liw

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Worst? I don't think so. Maybe this song isn't great but I think it's good song.

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
Enough of this true fan crap. Everyone, fan or no, can have their own opinion and taste on what songs they think good and not so good, instead of this silly idea of only being allowed to luuuuurve every single song that gets released if they are "true fans" (which is a misnomer anyway, how is one fan more true than the last?)

the scientist is dead

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I don't like the song, but we are being too hard on them... they just wanted to make a little difference, that's all!

Ennosuke

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I actually agree with you, I'm ok with Coldplay experimenting
There is nothing wrong in trying some new things with their music. But if someone would ask me which coldplay song I really don´t enjoy listening, my answer would be "Pricess of China". There is too little Coldplay in this song, I am not feeling this magic like in the other songs.

Rainystrawberry

You're in control
Coldplayer
There is nothing wrong in trying some new things with their music. But if someone would ask me which coldplay song I really don´t enjoy listening, my answer would be "Pricess of China". There is too little Coldplay in this song, I am not feeling this magic like in the other songs.
I always like at least a small part in all of Coldplays songs, even in Daylight (which I don't enjoy a lot because it gets on my nerves).
ok I actually don't enjoy the song AROBTTH and haven't found a part of it I like yet.....there I finally said it
In POC I like the "lalalala" part and the "Once upon a time somebody ran" part, those are the only two parts I ever sing.

bubble1

Floating on a tidal wave
Coldplayer
No, in my opinion it's not the worst Coldplay's song! Every album has different sound. I think that Princess Of China sort of shows the sound of Mylo Xyloto - a weird but in its own way very pleasant for listening to! I liked Princess Of China from the first listening and i like the melody very much!:smug: ^^ :heart:

Alteran Ancient

To see the one I love!
Coldplayer
I actually rather liked the very first preview we got of this song - the live version done by Chris before the album was released. Even if it was recorded with a rather shocking camera phone.

The song style is different, and it's an attempt at a collaboration with another artist. For some reason, people who aren't "true" Coldplay fans seem to enjoy the song, but that's because it appeals to the greater R&B crowd. You can't blame it on Synth, because X&Y had a lot of it.

Good (world-class) artists experiment with their music and keep up with the times. Other artists have a one-hit wonder and are then soon forgotten as they refuse to adapt their music.

In this case, the fans Coldplay appeal to (that's us, by the way) haven't impressed with Princess of China, because the primary Coldplay genre is Alternative/Soft Rock.

You can also probably say that a few of the "true" fans dislike Paradise, because it's got a "dub-steppy" feeling to it.

As for ETIAW, it's not something I can explain. When I first heard it, I wasn't sure about it, but it gradually grew on me. Don't know if anyone remembers Violet Hill prior to the release of Viva? There was a period where people were too accustomed to the souds of AROBTTH and X&Y, and it took people time to welcome Violet Hill.

So yeah, that's my analysis. Maybe critical of some people's opinions, but I feel that many things can be explained. I can't really name songs or put them into a pecking order, but I can say I wasn't fond of "The Hardest Part", and there are a couple of songs in Parachutes that I don't particularly enjoy.