question about track length

[email protected]

Creator of the Cake Meme
Coldplayer
on the deluxe edition is O supposed to be shorter than it is on the standard edition because of the inclusion of O Part Two as a bonus track?

elasticcorn

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I had the exact same question, why is the itunes version so much longer than the other versions of the song! even if it included part 2 it is too long

harryb92

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Does anyone else who purchased the iTunes version have the same problem? "Fly On" finishes at the 3:50 mark and then it's silence until about 6:20 when "O" kicks in. Not sure if it is just me hence I'm checking, but if it is supposed to be like that it's a right pain the neck especially as it's my favourite track and I can't listen to it on repeat!!

ticking_clocks

Lift off this blindfold
Coldplayer
Does anyone else who purchased the iTunes version have the same problem? "Fly On" finishes at the 3:50 mark and then it's silence until about 6:20 when "O" kicks in. Not sure if it is just me hence I'm checking, but if it is supposed to be like that it's a right pain the neck especially as it's my favourite track and I can't listen to it on repeat!!
That's cause it's a hidden track, leaving a long gap, however annoying, is not an uncommon practice. Many, many bands have done it. That being said, yes on the deluxe version they cut the long gap, probably cause 3 more songs follow and it probably wouldn't make much sense

harryb92

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Makes sense, I was only surprised as the gap wasn't there when streaming the album from iTunes the week before. Seemed to work fine without the gap there but I understand why it's included now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Jaes

LP6
Coldplayer
Is it the same in the other versions (vinyl, japanese, etc.)?

zzapq

Lover in Switzerland
Coldplayer
Is it the same in the other versions (vinyl, japanese, etc.)?
For the Viny l version it is too. I haven't timed but I'd say it is the same length than the regular CD version.