Question on C stage

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I have uploaded this excerpt from my footage of Gillette Stadium last year where Chris runs the entire trajectory between C-Stage and B-Stage, so you can see exactly where the path is. I also filmed the band walking there during Kaleidoscope, but since the lights were out at that time it's kind of hard to see, so I chose this video instead for you.
It might differ from stadium to stadium though, and for example in MetLife where I stood right in front of the C-stage, the stairs leading down from the stage where at the exact diagonal opposite of the stage you see here.

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3AIvDvy-JA

(Oh, and there is some nice Buckin at the end.... :D)

brobbins

Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
Coldplayer
I have uploaded this excerpt from my footage of Gillette Stadium last year where Chris runs the entire trajectory between C-Stage and B-Stage, so you can see exactly where the path is. I also filmed the band walking there during Kaleidoscope, but since the lights were out at that time it's kind of hard to see, so I chose this video instead for you.
It might differ from stadium to stadium though, and for example in MetLife where I stood right in front of the C-stage, the stairs leading down from the stage where at the exact diagonal opposite of the stage you see here.

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3AIvDvy-JA

(Oh, and there is some nice Buckin at the end.... :D)
Thank you!!! What section were you filming this from for the Gillette show?

And if I'm looking at this right, Chris comes off the C stage at the upper right corner as you're looking at the main stage, then crosses in front of it and snakes between the section barriers towards the B stage. Is that right?

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
it was Section 314, I believe. Somewhere high up. Keep in mind this is heavily zoomed in, so you actually see the band much smaller from that high up than the video suggests.
I'm not sure if they are section barriers or how that path came to be, to be honest.

dieselbenz

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I believe they only put up the instruments like a song before they actually play on them on the B stage. C-stage however is ready the entire concert.

Sent from my A0001 using Coldplaying mobile app
Oh really? That would make it easier. The keyboard was off to the side of the B stage during the whole show at Metlife, but maybe that was an aberration. And I think there was something on the other side too. Seemed kinda weird because I would imagine it would definitely be in at least one person's view.

TheSavage_

Up&Up
Coldplayer
For the concert in Amsterdam at least there was a walkway fenced off between C and B, it also had the sound engineer thing connected in that walkway. So there was no Chris running right through the crowd but a bit more closed off.

Damian doerr

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
it was Section 314, I believe. Somewhere high up. Keep in mind this is heavily zoomed in, so you actually see the band much smaller from that high up than the video suggests.
I'm not sure if they are section barriers or how that path came to be, to be honest.

I'm thinking of flying up from Oklahoma for the Gillette show in August and im leaning towards the 300 section for tickets. Is the show enjoyable from that view? Any details of your experience would be greatly appreciated.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I'm thinking of flying up from Oklahoma for the Gillette show in August and im leaning towards the 300 section for tickets. Is the show enjoyable from that view? Any details of your experience would be greatly appreciated.
Hi and welcome to the forum ! Hm, I have to say I only went up there because of the prices. If you can afford do be in a lower tier, then do it, it's worth it. If you just want to hear the music light show and save some money, go for the 300s.
From my place, I couldn't see any details of the band. Of course, the sea of xylobands, the fireworks and light effects are well visible from high above, possibly better than from lower viewpoints, but if you wanna see the band properly, go for lower tiers.

Here is a picture I made at Gillette in my place (and it even was the 2nd lowest-row in the 300s, mind !) that is not zoomed-in, so you can see what your view would be like and how far away the stage and the band are:

20160730_212514.jpg

Hope that helps !

iamsue

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
B. Robbins, I am in C19 row 2, seat 15 on the aisle. Let's try to meet up! I wonder if my view will be obstructed by the light pole? Does anyone know. Also, @I ran away...great pics, but man did they ever trigger my fear of hights!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
but man did they ever trigger my fear of hights!
Yeah, the hight is one thinking and the shaking ground when people jump another ! I was scared to death when Charlie Brown came on and people started jumping, the floor was shaking I was worried the entire segment may crash down !

iamsue

Coldplayer
Yeah, the hight is one thinking and the shaking ground when people jump another ! I was scared to death when Charlie Brown came on and people started jumping, the floor was shaking I was worried the entire segment may crash down !
Oh that would have been terrifying! Glad you are still here!

fakfak

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
Hi, quick question about the C stage for the US shows with a seated floor. I was thinking of grabbing a floor ticket for the FedEx Field show in DC, but the ones I'm pulling up, from the seat you wouldn't be able to see the C stage because of the sound booth in front of it. At the shows I did this summer, I was in lower level and I saw people on the floor walk out of their seats and stand around the C stage right before that set. Are people allowed to do this at all the shows in general? I don't even care if I get close to it really, just want to be able to see the guys when they are on there (not on the screen). So would I likely be allowed to wander to a spot where there's a line of vision just for those songs, or will security make everyone go back to their seats?
In general, stuff like this is more up to the venue and their staff than it is the touring production. I think you're probably safe as far as the band's security goes because they obviously allow people to do this without interference, but I wouldn't completely rule out that the local staff in some venues might be more strict.

fakfak

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
Does anyone know if the sound booth near the C-stage obstructs views of the main stage at all from the lower riser seats on the right side? Like in the 111-113 and 211-213 sections on this seating map? I currently have tickets across the stadium in section 233 but I'm considering upgrading (if I can [emoji6] ) with seats closer to the C-stage, but not on the floor for $ reasons.
Limited view seats are usually labeled as such. If they're not, you're probably ok. (at least in terms of major obstruction)

iamsue

Coldplayer
I sat right next to the booth last year. I would say that level 2 is safer. I think you could still see with Level 1, but it would still be in your line of sight.

brobbins

Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
Coldplayer
I ended up moving my seats to the floor right next to the c-stage, so no more worries about sound stage obstructions in the risers.

Iamsue, yes we'll definitely have to meet up!

iamsue

Coldplayer
I ended up moving my seats to the floor right next to the c-stage, so no more worries about sound stage obstructions in the risers.

Iamsue, yes we'll definitely have to meet up!
Yes, and my Secret Santa recipient, Sophia M, who is also going.

dieselbenz

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Does anyone have an idea where exactly the C stage is in this chart for Toronto? I was hoping to pick a seat next to the C stage if possible, but I'm not sure if it's that little rectangle near the back (seems farther back than most of been) or if it's in that lighter area right behind the mix desk.

AMDB9

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm not so sure about stadium shows, but for arenas, the C-Stage wasn't on the floor, it was in the first circle of seating.

dieselbenz

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I am not entirely sure but the lighter area close to the mix desk seems too close to both the B-stage and the actual mix desk to me (see for example here in Boston, Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3AIvDvy-JA
). I would say it's one of the rectangles farther back, but like I said, not at all sure.
I was studying this video last night trying to figure it out haha. I think given this video and the Gillette map, the rectangle in the back would be it. I got a seat there but I feel like it's a gamble. The fact there were seats available all next to it struck me as weird if it's the c stage, like wouldn't they sell faster? Maybe not if none else can figure it out either lol.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
he fact there were seats available all next to it struck me as weird if it's the c stage, like wouldn't they sell faster?
I don't think the C-stage thing is well known to anyone but highly interested Coldplay fans....when I was on the floor in MetLife stadium last year and we could move around, I was suddenly surprised to stand in an almost empty place in front of the C-stage - no one was standing and waiting there, for instance, which I wouldn't have expected. Only in the few minutes before they came on there was a rush of people to the C-stage, when people began to realize it.