Question on C stage

dieselbenz

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I don't think the C-stage thing is well known to anyone but highly interested Coldplay fans....when I was on the floor in MetLife stadium last year and we could move around, I was suddenly surprised to stand in an almost empty place in front of the C-stage - no one was standing and waiting there, for instance, which I wouldn't have expected. Only in the few minutes before they came on there was a rush of people to the C-stage, when people began to realize it.
I guess that makes sense, and with various mix booths and lighting/sound fixtures in the stadium, it's probably not obvious that one's a stage. Do people just walk up between the seats and stage when the seats are right next to it? That seems kinda ballsy but maybe people don't care haha. Just from watching videos it seems each configuration is a little different ... some of them have more space around the stage and some seem to have to have seats right there.

I'm sure you're right that pretty much no one puts that might thought into it lol. Even most hsrdcore fans are probably trying to get closer to main stage. I lucked out on a good b stage seat for the first show, so I figured I'd just take whatever ... but then I figured, if I'm gonna be far back, why not get near the c stage. Honestly that's where a lot of my fav songs get played anyways. :joy:

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Do people just walk up between the seats and stage when the seats are right next to it
In my case (NJ MetLife) there was plenty of space between seats and the C-Stage, and most people had been flocking towards the front anyhow, so the "aisle" area next to the C-stage was in parts quite abandoned. Of course there are always a few people sitting etc. - well, (unfortunately) they are in a bad position anyway because everybody else is standing, no matter where.
But if security is stricter, moving around freely like that may not be possible. You never know in advance....maybe check videos from other concerts at your venue, lol.

dieselbenz

Up&Up
Coldplayer
In my case (NJ MetLife) there was plenty of space between seats and the C-Stage, and most people had been flocking towards the front anyhow, so the "aisle" area next to the C-stage was in parts quite abandoned. Of course there are always a few people sitting etc. - well, (unfortunately) they are in a bad position anyway because everybody else is standing, no matter where.
But if security is stricter, moving around freely like that may not be possible. You never know in advance....maybe check videos from other concerts at your venue, lol.
It's funny because I was at the MetLife show, but I just never at all noticed what people on the floor were doing, haha. I was in the 200 and 100 levels on each night, respectively. I'm sure I'll be able to scope it out when I get there. It'll be exciting just to be on the floor, since I haven't been at any Coldplay show yet. :)

brobbins

Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
Coldplayer
My supposedly C stage seats in Chicago were a bust. Shortly before the show date Live Nation decided to move the C stage from the right of section C2 (where my seats were) to the center of one of the D sections. They added a good 50 seats or so where the C stage would have been, so instead of having aisle seats right up against the C stage, I ended up with middle row seats nowhere near it. Still had an awesome time, but I wish I'd known about that change earlier so I could have asked Ticketmaster for an upgrade. That's how i got section A seats last year when they changed the seat map early on for the 2016 tour.

dieselbenz

Up&Up
Coldplayer
My supposedly C stage seats in Chicago were a bust. Shortly before the show date Live Nation decided to move the C stage from the right of section C2 (where my seats were) to the center of one of the D sections. They added a good 50 seats or so where the C stage would have been, so instead of having aisle seats right up against the C stage, I ended up with middle row seats nowhere near it. Still had an awesome time, but I wish I'd known about that change earlier so I could have asked Ticketmaster for an upgrade. That's how i got section A seats last year when they changed the seat map early on for the 2016 tour.
This happened to me in NY and will also (I assume) be the case in Toronto. At least this time I know so I'm not going to be surprised. Maybe I should ask TM about it? Did you just call them? I'm not massively upset, I can always walk to the C stage before they come on and have a good view, and I've had my fair share of great views this tour so it's no big deal. Only reason I'm worried is my seat in NY was almost totally obstructed by the sounddesk and I don't want that again really for full floor price.

brobbins

Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
Coldplayer
This happened to me in NY and will also (I assume) be the case in Toronto. At least this time I know so I'm not going to be surprised. Maybe I should ask TM about it? Did you just call them? I'm not massively upset, I can always walk to the C stage before they come on and have a good view, and I've had my fair share of great views this tour so it's no big deal. Only reason I'm worried is my seat in NY was almost totally obstructed by the sounddesk and I don't want that again really for full floor price.
Yes call the Ticketmaster customer support line for people who've already bought their tickets. I'm sorry I don't have the number handy but i remember I found it on their website in the "contact us" area.
Where they moved the C stage to in Chicago was completely encased inside one of the D sections. You won't be able to walk up to the stage because of the seats that'll be right up against it. Those people lucked out. But you might be able to stand nearby. I just didn't attempt it.

dieselbenz

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Yes call the Ticketmaster customer support line for people who've already bought their tickets. I'm sorry I don't have the number handy but i remember I found it on their website in the "contact us" area.
Where they moved the C stage to in Chicago was completely encased inside one of the D sections. You won't be able to walk up to the stage because of the seats that'll be right up against it. Those people lucked out. But you might be able to stand nearby. I just didn't attempt it.
Thanks for the info. I called and unfortunately it's a big ol' raw deal. They can only exchange for tickets of equal or greater value. TM dropped floor prices by over half. Which sucks to begin with since I paid $225 for an obstructed seat and could have e gotten a great one for $99. They can't exchange because now no seats exist at what I paid. What. Lol. Oh well my seat is awesome tonight so I'm just gonna enjoy that.