Random Coldplay thoughts...

anacaren08

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I hope someone uploads the video of Coldplay covering Music Ligera so I can download it!!! :sob::sob::sob::heart::heart::heart: They were so incredible! It was such a beautiful incredible surprise. I am still so excited about it and I was not even there!!!! I love that song and just can't believe they covered it and that crowd was so EPIC!

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
The A Head Full Of Dreams Tour.
Has.
Officially.
Ended.

:broken_heart:

Tour2.JPG

Paris222.JPG

LeftrightleftArchi

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
I'm thinking about redoing Ghost Stories Rehaunted, but maybe as a holiday release
Perhaps even an older album, because I've really been feeling Coldplay's A Rush Of Blood To The Head stuff lately
This is late but...

Plz produce it in a lossless format, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeftrightleftArchi

Coldplayer
Man, I cant believe this tour and era is over. I remember waiting anxiously for AHFOD and staying up late to hear AOAL for the first time. Such good times!

At the concert, they stated that they “will only be full of surprises from now on”. I really hope this means they are going to experiment again. I cant wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Man, I cant believe this tour and era is over. I remember waiting anxiously for AHFOD and staying up late to hear AOAL for the first time. Such good times!

At the concert, they stated that they “will only be full of surprises from now on”. I really hope this means they are going to experiment again. I cant wait!
From my perspective, the Era isn't over yet. The Era will not be over until Live 2017 is released, the live discs are always part of their respective eras.

antdrew

Never in a rush
Coldplayer
Only time will tell.

I agree with you that they are now "older," their kids are getting older, they just did one of the year's biggest tours, and to me seeing them live, it certainly felt like a tour that tried hard to combine all of their greatest efforts and eras. In other words, almost a celebration or farewell tour. With all that spectacle and color, it's hard to imagine what they would do next. Plus you do have some indication from the band that maybe they'll take a break.....

BUT on the other hand--this has been one of their most productive eras. During this tour, they've recorded a great EP, wrote another song soon to be released, and have taken a studio on tour with them! This tour has had great covers, soundcheck writing, great guests, and cool improv songs. More is that the band has said in interviews that they feel the most like a band in a long time, and are having a lot of fun writing music. So maybe the break will only be a few months in 2018 before we get new material?

I personally am optimistic and subscribe to the latter. I think that they have many albums left in store--but whether those albums will feel like traditional eras and tours remains to be seen. Modern music is proving that groups can easily release music digitally and release a lot of material, singles, EP's because album sales don't matter as much.
Yeah it depends whether they want to sprinkle out random new songs or work towards another album. I reckon it'll be a little while till their next album though. They will probably want a break, think about the direction of the band and also choose/make songs as good as they can be. I think the boys are probably still pretty picky with their song choices on albums too.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator

Nie

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I extracted the videos of Chris's end of tour speech and their final bow and group hug from Twitter. Here are the links if you want to download and keep them (Warning Sign: Tears might come streaming down your face :sob:).

End of A Head Full Of Dreams Tour Speech:
https://mega.nz/#!PBAUUD6B!c3DgOtxFhqUJ1HURzA6o80YZjHhoTvliPlkAHqJNr70

Final Bow and Group Hug:
https://mega.nz/#!6YYkjBzI!_ZbhUwqPWBEpr9OLvf3KvwRP9QtopTKse3lTRAckZc0

@Nie
Thank you!!! I will watch them when I'm up for it. Still in denial mode [emoji16]

Hedwig

A Head Full of Dreams
Coldplayer
I was listening to the radio ( the same radio station that plays GPASUYF and all these other Coldplay songs that I have talked to you about in the past) and I recognised Chris' voice but it was not a Coldplay song. And I was like "What is this? I am 100% this is Chris' voice. " And it turned out it was the song "In the sun" by Michael Stipe ft. Chris (I knew they had sang together in the past but not that they had a song). It also sounded like a live version because I could hear the crowd! This radio station is amazing haha I thought I had listened to all the songs that Chris was featured in but I was wrong. It was a nice surprise :)

Draco

Broken Hearts Make it Rain
Coldplayer
It must feel extraordinary for them that they've come this far and done all of this. I hope they get a well deserved break before popping their heads back into the studio.

Adding on to the thought of them making metal songs, I was thinking it would sound something along the lines of Evanescence. Like a bit sappy and really emo. Like X and Y but grittier. I doubt they'd do that tho lol

Green Cap Man

COLDPLAY - PORTUGAL
Coldplayer
What the...
Annabelle was a cool girl. I liked her.
And he was spotted with Nick Cave too? That could only be good! I love Nick Cave!

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
What the...
Annabelle was a cool girl. I liked her.
I'm not usually into this kind of relationship gossip, but for once this actually made me somewhat upset. I'm quite disappointed how soon it seems to be over again with Annabelle, and how quickly he found a replacement. I'm not an Annabelle fan or anything, I had never heard of her before her relationship with Chris but I thought their love was something genuine and lasting and because of that I liked her.
Can't stand Dakota Johnson. Also, hopping from actress to actress to actress....somehow you would have thought the man who wrote AROBTTH would be a bit less superficial in his choices.

"From now on we'll only be full of surprises", eh, Chris ?

Tom Cohen

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm not usually into this kind of relationship gossip, but for once this actually made me somewhat upset. I'm quite disappointed how soon it seems to be over again with Annabelle, and how quickly he found a replacement. I'm not an Annabelle fan or anything, I had never heard of her before her relationship with Chris but I thought their love was something genuine and lasting and because of that I liked her.
Can't stand Dakota Johnson. Also, hopping from actress to actress to actress....somehow you would have thought the man who wrote AROBTTH would be a bit less superficial in his choices.

"From now on we'll only be full of surprises", eh, Chris ?
I really don't think that you or me or anyone else can decide what good for Chris or judge him for his personal/romantic life
maybe it sounds dumb but after the divorse for GP (that he still loves her with all of his heart) he can enjoying a little bit from his free life that he never was, we don't know what happened with Annabelle, maybe it's not worked
and yes maybe it's not represting what he wrote and what Coldplay stand for, that we love & believe the most, I know why you're upset
but I think that in this time Chris just enjoying from life, he feels free with good vibes so maybe it's connects to everything (and the replacement thing too)

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I really don't think that you or me or anyone else can decide what good for Chris or judge him for his personal/romantic life
maybe it sounds dumb but after the divorse for GP (that he still loves her with all of his heart) he can enjoying a little bit from his free life that he never was, we don't know what happened with Annabelle, maybe it's not worked
and yes maybe it's not represting what he wrote and what Coldplay stand for, that we love & believe the most, I know why you're upset
but I think that in this time Chris just enjoying from life, he feels free with good vibes so maybe it's connects to everything (and the replacement thing too)
Oh, for sure we're not inside his head or anything. And like I said I don't usually discuss these personal things, even less so if they have nothing to do with Coldplay and the music. It's just...as someone who is in all other respects such a down-to-earth human being, and not some aloof celebrity who has lost touch with 'normal' life (like there seem to be plenty) and clearly someone who has quite a lot of emotional depth, which is what I meant to say when I referred to the albums he wrote as an example, his string of high-profile actresses surprises me.