Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Random Coldplay thoughts...

JM-42

Life is for Living
Coldplayer
Had this thought a week or so ago:

You remember when Atlas came out and the band posted the lyrics here?
Notice at the very bottom there was a little ghost? No one thought anything of it at the time, but I remember a while after when Ghost Stories was released, someone here mentioned it was there, like the band were hinting it to us.

I havent been playing as close attention this 'offseason' but do you guys think we already have some clues from the band right under our noses somehow?
Yeah they have done it in more than one ocassion. On top of my head is Chris revealing the "Viva La Vida" album title in a cryptic studio update video in december of 2007. So if they haven't already, they probably will at some point I think.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator

The Onion is a satire website, in case you were wondering :D

merril

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
The festivities of Google Camp in Italy this year began with a concert by Chris, as reported by Fox Business. He seems to be performing all over the world. I do not understand why it is only Chris who is invited. Why dont they invite all members of Coldplay. Chris isn't singing new songs, just the classic Coldplay songs which all of them can play.

Shoeboxlady

Coldplay Lady
Coldplayer
The festivities of Google Camp in Italy this year began with a concert by Chris, as reported by Fox Business. He seems to be performing all over the world. I do not understand why it is only Chris who is invited. Why dont they invite all members of Coldplay. Chris isn't singing new songs, just the classic Coldplay songs which all of them can play.
Maybe they did and the others did not wish to attend. I must admit I find these events rather distasteful as the attendees do not practice what they preach and I wish that Chris had not participated.

Last edited:

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Maybe they did and the others did not wish to attend. I must admit I find these events rather distasteful as the attendees do not practice what they preach and I wish that Chris had not participated.
Yeah, same. I read an article that this was supposed to be a climate change-themed event but many of the attendees and guests flew in with their private jets (an estimated 114 landings) ! I dislike such events. And to be honest I'm generally not fond of Chris letting himself be booked by the super-super-rich to play for their amusement, to play on their weddings etc. That wedding of the Zara heiress for example...that money is based on the exploitation of poor workers in countries like India or Bangladesh :(
I'm really glad the band as a whole doesn't participate in such things.

Last edited:

merril

Coldplayer
The lineup of the musicians taking part in the Global Citizen festival in New York was announced. No Coldplay participation.
I had hoped they or at least Los Unidades would perform or contribute a song.
Their hiatus will perhaps never end.☹

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
The lineup of the musicians taking part in the Global Citizen festival in New York was announced. No Coldplay participation.
I had hoped they or at least Los Unidades would perform or contribute a song.
Their hiatus will perhaps never end.☹
I don't think Los Unidades was meant to be a live band, to be honest.
But don't worry, the hiatus will end, probably next year. It was always clear this hiatus was gonna be a longer one...

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I'm just rewatching Glastonbury 2005 and my god, what an amazing concert that is. I had almost forgotten how great it is. Coldplay at their peak !
I'd give anything to be able to time travel back and see it live.

FrankSchepers

Student filmmaker & Huge Coldplay fan
Coldplayer
I'm just rewatching Glastonbury 2005 and my god, what an amazing concert that is. I had almost forgotten how great it is. Coldplay at their peak !
I'd give anything to be able to time travel back and see it live.
I really hope next album has the style like VLVODAAHF, the tour-size of AHFOD (or bigger ) and the performance quality like this GB 2005 had (and 2002). I feel like they performed with a lot emotion, which makes the songs sound better.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I wish this forum was more active.
Maybe I should bring back the Coldplaying Listening Parties...what do you think ? :eyes:

jc90

A Herp Full Of Derp
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Saw this via reddit, but here's the direct tweet. I'm not one to start panic for no reason but, make up your own interpretations.

Source

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
Curious phrasing from Chris on that last tweet. I wonder if he is hinting that a new era may start soon...
"last tweet for a while"
"thank you for reading these for the last few years"

merril

Coldplayer
This tweet by Chris makes me rather sad. It is different from his preceding tweets. It really sounds like a final 'farewell'.